E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > 2007 N52 E90 330i almost dies when full throttle but only under 1500rpm

11-17-2023, 04:27 AM   #1
TurtlesandStuff
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3, BMW E90 330i

2007 N52 E90 330i almost dies when full throttle but only under 1500rpm

Hi all,
I'm currently at a loss with an issue I have. I've read through a huge number of posts on forums but can't find any that seem to mention the same issue exactly. My car will completely cut power and jerk violently if you go more than like 70% throttle if you're under 1500rpm. As soon as you get over ~1500rpm, the car behaves completely normal and has no issues whatsoever. The car has 180k miles.

The only code I had was related to the big DISA valve but I've replaced both DISA's, new ccv piping and oil separator, new intake manifold gaskets and new fuel pump and pressure regulator. I now have no codes and nothing regarding the eccentric shaft sensor fault. I also saw a post about how relearning the valvetronic endpoints helped solve a similar issue but I tried that and it hasn't helped either. The only other symptom I have is that when cold, the car will take almost ten times to start. It will start then immediately cut out, revving doesn't help whatsoever. Eventually it'll start and stay running and then it'll idle completely fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm completely stuck at this point.

Last edited by TurtlesandStuff; 11-17-2023 at 04:32 AM.. Reason: correction
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2023, 12:44 PM   #2
nazb
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330i

Potentially could be vacuum related. If you say you've replaced all those components, I would also check to see if there are any tears in your intake boot or any vacuum lines. I would also rule out MAF/MAP sensors just to be sure. At low RPMs vacuum leaks cause more sensitivity to engine running, but at higher RPMs the air leak becomes less significant as the engine is sucking in way more air anyway.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2024, 07:21 PM   #3
TurtlesandStuff
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3, BMW E90 330i

Hi, just to update this if anyone else comes across it with the same issue. I spent hours looking through other forum posts and only found one other post with the same issues and they had sold the car before fixing it. The issue was indeed the eccentric shaft sensor. It has completely resolved all the issues I listed initially. Again, I had no codes regarding the eccentric shaft sensor and even when I took the connector off to look for signs of oil, it was hard to tell. Even so, that was definitely the issue.
Appreciate 0