E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E93 unanswered questions for the gurus.

07-12-2019, 09:18 AM   #23
kissdaring
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptpending View Post
you do not neet antenna wire, only antenna
it's located in drivers footwell on the internal side of the footwell trim
keep in mind that cabrio mic part number is not same as in sedan, coupe or touring
yup, thanks PT i've managed to source the antenna and mic of a donor vert for like 40 bucks.

so I'm guessing under the footwell there should be a tucked unused wire for the antenna?

and while on topic is there a possible way to get the Usb to play music of a iphone 6 and up? seems it was built to only charge. and coding possible? also is there a software you would suggest I pick up that I can code myself? seem like the guys in canada here charge a leg to do it. I run mac products so something compatible with osx or a standalone tool.

thanks again
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 12:22 PM   #24
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissdaring View Post
yup, thanks PT i've managed to source the antenna and mic of a donor vert for like 40 bucks.

so I'm guessing under the footwell there should be a tucked unused wire for the antenna?

and while on topic is there a possible way to get the Usb to play music of a iphone 6 and up? seems it was built to only charge. and coding possible? also is there a software you would suggest I pick up that I can code myself? seem like the guys in canada here charge a leg to do it. I run mac products so something compatible with osx or a standalone tool.

thanks again
coding software only for windows or you can buy carly adapter and app for iphone or android
for streaming via usb audio you can use tune2air wma3000b adapter
      08-30-2019, 12:29 PM   #25
kissdaring
Private
Rep

so back I come after compiling and installing the bluetooth antenna, mic and coding.

1,,, the Bluetooth antenna wiring under the foot panel is black and pink. Lazd from e90 suggests the white and pink to plug into the MULF 2? I would assume it would also be black and pink??? Same as what's connected to the Bluetooth antenna no? Confirm if you may...

1 I've connected the mic to one of the empty slots 2 in toral.

2 ive relocation pins 123/8910 8910/123 tucked away behind the radio (its where its located in the e93 model and the e90 and e92 its behind the glovebox) as suggested by another member WRichieX who completed the job.

3 plugged in the Bluetooth antenna below foot panel with the tucked away black and pink wire

4 relocated pins yellow, black and drown-clear in the trunk to the blue connector from the white one.

5 removed the plastic pink and whiteish tabs to fit the antenna wire behind the MULF 2 (it's not the black and pink correct? It's the white and pink.?)

6 coded the car, now I am able to connect the bluetooth and when receiving a call I am able to answer the call with the steering controls and can hear callers however they cant hear me, just dead silence on their end.

Am I missing something here?
      08-30-2019, 12:44 PM   #26
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Yes....you bought the car without bluetooth. You are missing the bluetooth option. In the future I would buy the car with the options you want. It's much easier.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 01:17 PM   #27
kissdaring
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Yes....you bought the car without bluetooth. You are missing the bluetooth option. In the future I would buy the car with the options you want. It's much easier.
how do you figure this? offer a solution, if you can. Not a smart a$$ comment. this is a forum to help others not autotrader.
      08-30-2019, 01:45 PM   #28
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
how do you figure this? offer a solution, if you can. Not a smart a$$ comment. this is a forum to help others not autotrader.
I did both actually. I'm naturally a smart ass, thus anytime that I make a comment, it's usually a smart ass one. Forgive me.

On to your problem. It seems that you bought the car that you wanted but it didn't have the features you want; that or you didn't verify the options before you purchased. This is important to do when buying a car. As with most things that involve us humans, we overlook things and make mistakes; therefore we begin doing what men do, fix things. I get that this is a forum and we bounce information off each other, but in this case it seems that rather doing any digging for yourself and figuring it out on your own, you just keep asking questions.....questions that if you would take the initiative yourself to find the answers, you would be getting some respect rather than smart ass comments.

If you will notice on build threads, they typically consist of a poster having a vision, doing some research, then execution. Other posters may ask questions concerning what was done and how it was done; but you sir just continue to ask a ton of questions regarding an option that didn't come with your car. I'll give you credit for taking the initiative to get as far as you have with it, but this is like watching someone go to a class and rather than studying, you just keep asking everyone for answers. Seek and you shall find.

Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 02:14 PM   #29
kissdaring
Private
Rep

Quote:
I did both actually. I'm naturally a smart ass, thus anytime that I make a comment, it's usually a smart ass one. Forgive me.

On to your problem. It seems that you bought the car that you wanted but it didn't have the features you want; that or you didn't verify the options before you purchased. This is important to do when buying a car. As with most things that involve us humans, we overlook things and make mistakes; therefore we begin doing what men do, fix things. I get that this is a forum and we bounce information off each other, but in this case it seems that rather doing any digging for yourself and figuring it out on your own, you just keep asking questions.....questions that if you would take the initiative yourself to find the answers, you would be getting some respect rather than smart ass comments.

If you will notice on build threads, they typically consist of a poster having a vision, doing some research, then execution. Other posters may ask questions concerning what was done and how it was done; but you sir just continue to ask a ton of questions regarding an option that didn't come with your car. I'll give you credit for taking the initiative to get as far as you have with it, but this is like watching someone go to a class and rather than studying, you just keep asking everyone for answers. Seek and you shall find.

Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
first off i wouldn't have gotten this far into this retrofit without research and asking questions. as for another of your smart ass comments, i will remind you once again, this is a place where humans ask questions to learn from others experience. (forum) you have a ton of rep which I can appreciate so rather then continuing with the nonsense if you are able to offer me some knowledge on where I may have gone wrong i'll be thankful if not then just let others chime in.
      08-30-2019, 02:31 PM   #30
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
first off i wouldn't have gotten this far into this retrofit without research and asking questions. as for another of your smart ass comments, i will remind you once again, this is a place where humans ask questions to learn from others experience. (forum) you have a ton of rep which I can appreciate so rather then continuing with the nonsense if you are able to offer me some knowledge on where I may have gone wrong i'll be thankful if not then just let others chime in.
Sir, nonsense is just what I do. On a serious note, I have to say I'm kind of impressed that you made it this far into your journey. I'm no expert on the bluetooth retrofit, but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. With that being said, it does sound like there is a break down between the microphone and the mulf itself. It could be the mic, but I'm guessing something in the wiring isn't correct. My suggestion would be to see if you can locate another mic to test. If you can test another mic and it doesn't work, then odds are that it's in the wiring....or even potentially the mulf.

Welcome to the forums. I'll stop giving you a hard time here. Hope you find an easy solution and good luck on your retrofit.
Appreciate 1
      08-30-2019, 02:37 PM   #31
kissdaring
Private
Rep

Quote:
Sir, nonsense is just what I do. On a serious note, I have to say I'm kind of impressed that you made it this far into your journey. I'm no expert on the bluetooth retrofit, but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. With that being said, it does sound like there is a break down between the microphone and the mulf itself. It could be the mic, but I'm guessing something in the wiring isn't correct. My suggestion would be to see if you can locate another mic to test. If you can test another mic and it doesn't work, then odds are that it's in the wiring....or even potentially the mulf.

Welcome to the forums. I'll stop giving you a hard time here. Hope you find an easy solution and good luck on your retrofit.
thanks for the feedback ill try it out.. Holiday Inn Express I mean.