E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Shop that can properly stretch tires?

05-11-2012, 12:50 AM   #1
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Shop that can properly stretch tires?

Looking for a shop that can properly stretch tires.

There's a noticeable difference between my front driver and passenger side stretch so I'm assuming the person who mounted my tires didn't have much experience with proper stretching. Looking to get them re-done somewhere else.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 07:47 AM   #2
Kriston
The Ultimate Driving Machine
Canada
Rep
Drives: Like Donkey Kong on Roids

Try Tires23

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #3
PHR
phr
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriston View Post
Try Tires23
+1 for tires 23, Johnston and Magwood in mississauga do a really good job too
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 10:38 AM   #4
OEMconcept
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

I don't really think there are stretching experts, but I guess it's always better to go to a shop that's done it before. But once the bead of the tire is sitting properly on the mag, there's really nothing else someone can do to make it more stretched. The tire stretches on its own, and the only way it will stretch would be by installing narrow tires on wide wheels. i.e: 225-255 will be stretched on a 9.5. (225 will be really stretched while the 255 will have a little stretch). There's really not much that'll stretch on an 8.5, 215 on a 19" and 205 on an 18". Also it depends on what tire brand you're running. Michelins tend to run wide while continental tend to run a little narrow.

Are the wheel and tire specs and brands identical on both sides?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 04:23 PM   #5
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriston View Post
Try Tires23
That's where I got it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEMconcept View Post
I don't really think there are stretching experts, but I guess it's always better to go to a shop that's done it before. But once the bead of the tire is sitting properly on the mag, there's really nothing else someone can do to make it more stretched. The tire stretches on its own, and the only way it will stretch would be by installing narrow tires on wide wheels. i.e: 225-255 will be stretched on a 9.5. (225 will be really stretched while the 255 will have a little stretch). There's really not much that'll stretch on an 8.5, 215 on a 19" and 205 on an 18". Also it depends on what tire brand you're running. Michelins tend to run wide while continental tend to run a little narrow.

Are the wheel and tire specs and brands identical on both sides?
Yeah I actually didn't even want a stretch really haha, it's a 225 on a 8.5". Basically the way the bead of the tire was seated is very weird. On one side it comes right upto the edge of the wheel and is fine, there's just a minor stretch in the tire.
On the drivers side the bead is seated a couple cm back from the edge of the wheel so the edge of the wheel is all exposed outside of the tire giving off the impression that I've got some crazy stretch or something going on. But if you look at the tire it's actually not as stretched because of the way it was installed it just sits further back from the edge of the wheel.

Maybe the sidewall was stiff or something and they couldn't get it to seat or maybe they just didn't do the job right. All tires and wheels are the exact same specs.

Not a huge deal, but I just wanna fix it since I always end up staring at both sides and comparing them. I needed mount a new tires on the rear as well so I thought I'd fix the fronts while I'm at it.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0