E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > DIY: Setup BMW Standard Tools 2.12 on Windows XP > 10

07-30-2017, 08:31 PM   #595
djh2
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 330e

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [0.00]
I was having the software hang during the update, and Winkfp kept giving me errors.

Just reiterating some posts on here:
Make sure you have all the paths specified in BMW Coding Tool before trying to update WinKFP.

It might be worth adding a check in the software to remind you paths have not been set. This, because it lets you go with evidently some assumed paths that end up crashing.

Thanks again for all the collective info, development, and support!
Appreciate 1
      07-31-2017, 08:48 AM   #596
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by djh2 View Post
I was having the software hang during the update, and Winkfp kept giving me errors.

Just reiterating some posts on here:
Make sure you have all the paths specified in BMW Coding Tool before trying to update WinKFP.

It might be worth adding a check in the software to remind you paths have not been set. This, because it lets you go with evidently some assumed paths that end up crashing.

Thanks again for all the collective info, development, and support!
Unfortunately, I doubt BMW Coding Tool will be updated, as I'm sure the "developer" is no longer around or interested in messing with it.

FWIW, my instructions have you set the default path before you attempt to import DATENs. Another error/problem that some may run into is not enough disk space on C drive. The DATEN import will fail (usually when updating WinKFP), which would require the user to free up some disk space on C drive.
Appreciate 1
      08-09-2017, 11:00 AM   #597
fozzydj
DIYer, 335i N54 lover
Rep
Drives: N54 BMW 355i SE 2007, 148,000

Thanks for this
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 04:09 AM   #598
Pichuks
Rep
Drives: BMW E61 530d 2006

XP

I got it working on Windows XP.
But when i try to read VO i got this error.

i did all like the instructions. Instaled tools,deleted folders,copied folders.
Only thing i changed,i took the edibas config file from another ediabas version,to get connection to INPA in win XP .

Last edited by Pichuks; 10-13-2017 at 06:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 07:17 AM   #599
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pichuks View Post
I got it working on Windows XP.
But when i try to read VO i got this error.

i did all like the instructions. Instaled tools,deleted folders,copied folders.
Only thing i changed,i took the edibas config file from another ediabas version,to get connection to INPA in win XP .
It appears someone did a retrofit and added that to the VO.

You should be able to click ok and continue, then delete that value from the VO. At that point, you should be able to continue.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 09:25 AM   #600
Pichuks
Rep

Can you please tell me steps,what i do next,when i press OK ?
If i press OK,there only i see FG,no FA,thats not big deal?
I m newbie,but with big willing to try do this thing to the end
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2017, 06:32 AM   #601
Pichuks
Rep

Anyone? about the second thing.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 08:00 PM   #602
mpetro
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i xDrive Manual

Instructions were SPOT on with the exception of modifying the TEMP and TMP user variables then having to revert them back for the next step to run.

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2017, 08:36 PM   #603
AutoEngBM95
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW E90 335xi LCI

Everything goes smoothly until I get to step 14 and 15. There is no NCSExpert. On step 16/17, when I go to run the coding tool program, I get INVALID PICTURE, despite having changed compatibility for windows 7. How do I fix this?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2017, 11:21 AM   #604
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoEngBM95 View Post
Everything goes smoothly until I get to step 14 and 15. There is no NCSExpert. On step 16/17, when I go to run the coding tool program, I get INVALID PICTURE, despite having changed compatibility for windows 7. How do I fix this?
Once you delete the original C:\NCSEXPER, you have to replace it with the NCSEXPER folder I provided in the download (along with the other mentioned folders).

For the coding tool, right click and run as admin to see if that helps. The picture is not necessary for the tool to operate.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2017, 02:29 AM   #605
Hawaiian340i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i

need help with standard tools.

Hi guys, I'm very illiterate when it comes to computers so please bear with me.
I just downloaded Standard tools 2.12 to my windows xp. Now i needhelp finding the .rar files to replace the other 3 folders that i need to delete from the c drive.
I got to excited when i finally got to unzip the stnd 2.12 file and just clicked ok to everything that showed up. So i'm at the point where its unzipped and on my
desktop but i haven't gone any further. Thanks for any help.
I just need to recode my injectors so i can start my new used motor i just swapped.
My old motor had index 9 and the new used motor came with index 10. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 02:11 PM   #606
scorleo
Rep
Drives: E92

Engine not turning on

Newbie on using the software on BMW Coding so please bare with me and help.

Used InPa loader application for diagnosing starting issue in E92; how does one really diagnose the issue using this software?

Background: Car was stopped at the red light and it stalled; restarting few times didn't work; got towed. Battery looks healthy, starter is kicking but the engine is not cranking. Few suggested it could be fuel pump but what do I really look for in INPA to determine that?

https://1drv.ms/w/s!Ak6TkIOHHrc2guADGcGdnawKL0ZWsA

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 04:06 PM   #607
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorleo View Post
Newbie on using the software on BMW Coding so please bare with me and help.

Used InPa loader application for diagnosing starting issue in E92; how does one really diagnose the issue using this software?

Background: Car was stopped at the red light and it stalled; restarting few times didn't work; got towed. Battery looks healthy, starter is kicking but the engine is not cranking. Few suggested it could be fuel pump but what do I really look for in INPA to determine that?

https://1drv.ms/w/s!Ak6TkIOHHrc2guADGcGdnawKL0ZWsA

Thanks!
At this point, you would connect to your car using INPA and read the faults/errors. Most presumably under DME.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2018, 08:08 AM   #608
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep

PM sent.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2018, 10:51 AM   #609
KawBoy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Hello Everyone,

My WINKFP does not show "VIN". Suggestions?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2018, 11:39 AM   #610
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawBoy View Post
Hello Everyone,

My WINKFP does not show "VIN". Suggestions?

Thanks.
You most likely have UIF write unchecked in your WinKFP settings. Which just keeps your update(s) from taking up a slot in the UIF.
Appreciate 1
KawBoy154.50
      01-03-2018, 11:49 AM   #611
KawBoy
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@TopGearSolutions View Post
You most likely have UIF write unchecked in your WinKFP settings. Which just keeps your update(s) from taking up a slot in the UIF.
You are absolutely correct, and I thank you. I have seen many different recommendations on how Configuration should be. Is there a consensus?

Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2018, 12:02 PM   #612
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You are absolutely correct, and I thank you. I have seen many different recommendations on how Configuration should be. Is there a consensus?

Thanks again.
In my opinion, it only really matters based on which module you're flashing. Some have a low count of available UIF slots, then others have 30+ slots available. I only uncheck those on those that have 1 or 2 slots available so that I don't get in a bind.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2018, 12:09 PM   #613
KawBoy
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
In my opinion, it only really matters based on which module you're flashing. Some have a low count of available UIF slots, then others have 30+ slots available. I only uncheck those on those that have 1 or 2 slots available so that I don't get in a bind.
So far I've only flashed DCT (GTS) and am not really looking into doing anything else (maybe flash it back to the stock map) as I know close to nothing. With that in mind, how would you leave the Settings?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2018, 12:31 PM   #614
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
So far I've only flashed DCT (GTS) and am not really looking into doing anything else (maybe flash it back to the stock map) as I know close to nothing. With that in mind, how would you leave the Settings?
You should have 20+ slots available. If that's the case, then I think your fine with writing the UIF. If you have 10 or less, then I wouldn't write it.

BMW is done updating our chassis, so it's not like it would get an update from them anyways.

You can go through the flash process until you get to the pop up that says how many times it can be flashed without any worries. Then you can make your mind up at that time.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2018, 02:20 PM   #615
KawBoy
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You should have 20+ slots available. If that's the case, then I think your fine with writing the UIF. If you have 10 or less, then I wouldn't write it.

BMW is done updating our chassis, so it's not like it would get an update from them anyways.

You can go through the flash process until you get to the pop up that says how many times it can be flashed without any worries. Then you can make your mind up at that time.
This is how I have it now (changed to this so I can see "VIN"). I have 5 entries on the thing, only Entry 5 is mine.

Appreciate 0
      01-03-2018, 06:38 PM   #616
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

This is how I have it now (changed to this so I can see "VIN"). I have 5 entries on the thing, only Entry 5 is mine.

If you only have 5 slots left, I would not write UIF.
Appreciate 1
KawBoy154.50