E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > BMW Mississauga - Swirl Marks after Detail

04-30-2012, 03:02 PM   #1
bmwmike4
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i Cab

BMW Mississauga - Swirl Marks after Detail

I took my car to BMW of Mississauga for the full detail package about a month ago now. I have to say they did a great job on the inside, but TOTALLY ruined my paint.

Despite what they think, I'm always very careful with my black car and never take it though a car wash that isn't touch-less, it hasn't been detailed anywhere else, and I don't really ever clean it by hand-- mainly because of my fear of ugly swirl marks.

So, instead of paying $50-$100 for a detail from Groupon or one of the deal sites I decided I was going to take the car to BMW of Mississauga and pay the $350. I assumed they would know exactly what they are doing and I would be worry free.

After going to pick up the car I noticed the hood was COVERED and I mean COVERED in swirl marks! Without leaving the dealership I pointed it out to the Service Rep who acknowledged the presence of the marks all over my hood. He went and got the manager who came out and basically called me a liar. He said they never got any complaints before (like he would say otherwise) and called out the "Head Detailer".

This guy was a complete tool, he told me that the scratches, which cover the entire hood of the car are from me wiping "Bird Poop" off my car with my hand. First off, get real, no amount of bird poop wiping would cause that and second I have never hand washed my car and never been in a car wash that wasnt 100% touchless. I know how to treat black cars and it was flawless before them.

So, long story short I end up leaving the car for 5 more hours so he can "fix the hood". At the time, I believed that's the only place the marks were because I could not see them under all of the wax on the rest of the car. I wait the 5 hours and go take another look at the car, it seemed fine.

I drove the car home and for the rest of the week, to no surprise when the wax wore off the hood of the car the entire thing was covered in swirl marks again as well as what looks like big thick smudges in the paint, very strange. Perhaps burning from leaving the high speed buffer too long? Not only that, but the wax on the rest of the car wore off and every inch is covered in swirl marks!!

I went back in for a 3rd time and showed them the entire car again, they said they would use a special compound on it to fix the swirls. It has been a few days since that and the wax is starting to come off and I can already see that they didn't fix the problem.

Tomorrow or the day after, as soon as it's sunny out, I will be heading back in there to show them ONCE AGAIN they did not solve anything.

I was wondering if anyone else here has had a bad experience with BMW of Mississauga and their detailing services!???

Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks everyone and please take a look at the pictures below:

DAMAGED:
1-

image hosting
2-

image hosting adult
3-

upload pictures
4-

image hosting adult
5-

image host
6-

hosting images
7-

free image hosting
8-

picture hosting

As you can see the damage is everywhere! Below is a picture I took the morning before I brought my car to get it detailed there. Sadly, I was in a rush and thought everything would be fine and only took the one picture that morning. As you can see, it was like glass.

image upload

Last edited by bmwmike4; 04-30-2012 at 04:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 03:25 PM   #2
karkid
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

going to bmw was your fail sorry to hear... hit up gta in detail local guy on the forums does a super job

Last edited by karkid; 04-30-2012 at 03:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 03:25 PM   #3
Bladerunner
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 335xi

Is it just me or did I read this exact same story in the main section a while back, let me see if I can find it!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 03:37 PM   #4
bmwmike4
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner View Post
Is it just me or did I read this exact same story in the main section a while back, let me see if I can find it!
that would be great, I tried doing a search but the site keeps erroring for me
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 03:51 PM   #5
F82_Sterling
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: SSII M

bmw of mississauga is comprised mostly of useless people, i bought my used e92 from there and have learned to avoid going back there at all costs
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 04:03 PM   #6
bmwmike4
Rep

Added some pictures!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #7
Havok_2011
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 Coupe

Whoa!!! Those pics are horrible I would have lost my mind if they gave me back my car like that, paint is fukd up now......how can a BMW dealership do such a fukd up job??!?!

Putting that dealership in my redlist of places to avoid.

Sorry to hear about this.

I know a stellar detailer in Yorkville that deals with luxury cars. Maybe they can bring your car back to its prime, and have BMW Mississauga cover the cost? They are pricey.

Last edited by Havok_2011; 04-30-2012 at 04:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #8
bmwmike4
Rep

Oh I did loose my mind! After a few days I will go back to BMW and see what they have to say. I was thinking about having Pfaff Auto Salon give it a shot and see if they will cover the cost, I've heard good things about them.

My question is what exactly are those BIG long shiny smudges that go mainly across the hood? They put those in after the second time I brought the car back. Looks like the paint melting from the high speed buffer or am I way off?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 04:19 PM   #9
JayTdotP
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 335i Coupe Navi

Dealerships dont do a great job in detailing, they rush it.. You're better off going to a experienced person that does it on his own, but it may be pricey.

Search in google:" Wes R detailing "
Hes really good. Dont know anyone that does a better job in the gta.
      04-30-2012, 04:47 PM   #10
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Somebody took a rotary to the paint with no clue how to use one.
Not sure why dealers don't give their 2 cent amateur detailers a DA instead, at least they won't screw up every car they touch.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 04:54 PM   #11
bolty
/r/trees
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 335xi

Wow thats really horrible.

Theres alot of newcomers to the e90 detailing scene but none have been as helpful and as good as picus. He's actually owned an e90 up till recently and will take good care of you. Search for "gta in detail".

He doesnt spam the boards with pictures so I'll just leave this here to help you
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 05:04 PM   #12
vantage_coupe
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335

In all honesty, cut your losses (or have the dealer pay for it if you can) but contact Picus on this forum.

He's done a flawless job on many members cars and is very helpful.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 08:34 PM   #13
Volasko
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i E90, 18 530xe G30

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantage_coupe View Post
In all honesty, cut your losses (or have the dealer pay for it if you can) but contact Picus on this forum.

He's done a flawless job on many members cars and is very helpful.
+100 to that, that guy does wonders and really knows his stuff! He fixed pretty much all my micro scratches with his full 3 stage polish and 2 stage sealant package. Worth every penny, car still looks great even after an entire winter of driving!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 08:53 PM   #14
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volasko View Post
+100 to that, that guy does wonders and really knows his stuff! He fixed pretty much all my micro scratches with his full 3 stage polish and 2 stage sealant package. Worth every penny, car still looks great even after an entire winter of driving!
x200

I have a black sapphire that only Kevin works on
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 09:00 AM   #15
edski
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 328 Xi

Picus is the man!
NO ONE ELSE touches my paint except for PICUS

6MT; Sport PKG; Premium PKG; Executive PKG; M-Sport Shifter; 30% Tints; Body Colour OEM Style Splitters; Performance Aluminum Pedals;
Performance OEM Exhaust;Performance OEM Intake; Rear Deck Spoiler; 19" Avant Garde M310;Body Colour Painted Reflectors; H&R Street Performance Coilovers
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 11:21 AM   #16
bmwmike4
Rep

Thanks for the feedback! I will give him a call.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 11:37 AM   #17
bmwmike4
Rep

Just for a little follow up...

I ended up going back so they could try again to do a stage 2 compound of the car which they said would fix the problem.

Sadly, I'm pretty sure they made it worse. The buffer trails are now everywhere and the swirl marks still remain.

I went back yesterday to speak to the Manager, Mark, and he deneied that it was possible that they put the swirl marks in the car. He even denied that they did the buffer trails... not sure how you can deny that!

He said that they will schedule me in to have my car sent to European Auto Body and they will buff out the scratches for me. I'm not sure if I should just not do it and have it sent to Picus or let them attempt to fix it one more time? I asked him if he would pay for Picus and he said no because he didnt think it was his fault.

I really think all my before and after pictures speak for them self. Do you think it is worth suing them for a new paint job? All I want is my car how it was before they touched it!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 12:01 PM   #18
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmike4 View Post
Just for a little follow up...

I ended up going back so they could try again to do a stage 2 compound of the car which they said would fix the problem.

Sadly, I'm pretty sure they made it worse. The buffer trails are now everywhere and the swirl marks still remain.

I went back yesterday to speak to the Manager, Mark, and he deneied that it was possible that they put the swirl marks in the car. He even denied that they did the buffer trails... not sure how you can deny that!

He said that they will schedule me in to have my car sent to European Auto Body and they will buff out the scratches for me. I'm not sure if I should just not do it and have it sent to Picus or let them attempt to fix it one more time? I asked him if he would pay for Picus and he said no because he didnt think it was his fault.

I really think all my before and after pictures speak for them self. Do you think it is worth suing them for a new paint job? All I want is my car how it was before they touched it!
Contact BMW Canada, and tell them you situation with all of your evidence asap and they will take care of you and they will deal with the dealer.

I did it and it worked!

Here is the link to get started:

http://www.bmw.ca/ca/en/general/contact/contact.html

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #19
swifty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80, Levante & Tesla 100D

^ Listen to this guy. This is not acceptable and you should contact Bmw Canada immediately.

On a side note, I went there 2 days back for brake flush etc and they put a note on the paper saying no car wash even before I told them to not wash it. I don't know if ppl have been complaining about their work or not but I'm glad they were being proactive as I just got it detailed.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #20
dulak
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Montego Blue

There's a reason why I goto BMW Autohaus in Thornhill and let Prem (service rep) take care of my car even though I live in Mississauga.

I took the daily drive (X3) to BMW Mississauga for a simple inspection, top up fluids, check all components, took them 2 days before I got my car back. Never again.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 01:33 PM   #21
e90-328i
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i RWD!

i got my car from them and it has been in for service twice (minor and its a new car) first time i told them no wash and had a sticky on speedo too, second time in i told sa and and he said its in the system not to wash my car, so i guess they get it all the time. i dont think they mind, it saves them a couple bucks each time.
i guess the problem with detailing is everyone thinks they can do it and just because they made a car look pretty 15 ft away that they are an expert.
      05-17-2012, 01:44 PM   #22
henry418
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Request a refund. You're just making the paint worse every time you go back for them to "fix" it - thereby making it harder to actually correct the paint.
Appreciate 0