E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Got pulled over because of BMW perf exhaust

05-11-2012, 11:02 AM   #45
jwise36
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 328i X drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMdblU View Post
Hilarious.

Think I had a quick chat with you a few months back at mt pleasant and Lawrence at a light when you were driving the caddy - I was in a sg 335i
hey! ya that was me, he lets me take it out every once in a while, bribes me with getting good grades

your car was pretty bad ass i might add
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #46
marcvtec
Banned
Rep
Drives: M5

Happened to my OEM IS350 exhaust years ago,
Took it into the dealer they inspected, gave me a report.
Took it into first attendance meeting sat down with the guys gave him the paper, they of course threw the ticket out, but asked my was I being rude to the cop and maybe thats why I got it, I just said sure bud cause thats what I do all day.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 11:29 AM   #47
Candyman09
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sparkling Graphite e90 335i

Garage List
Cops pull over whoever they feel looks suspicious. I've been pulled over in my Porsche several times for no reason. I have 2 cars seats in the back, stock except for the rims. I asked my friends who are cops what I can do to avoid this annoyance, he said nothing. They pull over nice cars that look out of place in case something happens they know who was driving (basically shooting blindly hoping to hit something)

My question is, if he claims he heard them & came after them for it, how can he determine who was the one being too loud?? Maybe it's only one of them that was loud & the other was fine. I know he asked them to start their cars, but feels like it didn't matter the sound, they were getting the tickets no matter what.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2012, 12:41 AM   #48
jim.e.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman09 View Post
Cops pull over whoever they feel looks suspicious. I've been pulled over in my Porsche several times for no reason. I have 2 cars seats in the back, stock except for the rims. I asked my friends who are cops what I can do to avoid this annoyance, he said nothing. They pull over nice cars that look out of place in case something happens they know who was driving (basically shooting blindly hoping to hit something
That's weird...I would ask your buddies if they can run your plates and check if you have any flags. I see Cayman, GT3RS, Panamera (I think the go4tea guys) and Cayennes all the time when I'm in the east end - but never pulled over.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2012, 01:43 AM   #49
335icandy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 328dX Msport Estoril Blue

This seems pretty typical. You are both cruising around Richmond Hill at 4am in your cars... I'd say he suspects either street racing, or some "pimps" bringing home some "hoes" (they're really cracking down on Prostitution lately in York Region) ... And the fact he admitted to having his windows up, and music on... which is a no no for pigs... they should have the window cracked at all times, be alert, no music playing at all times to hear anything suspicious, or distress calls.

Load of B.S. and he was probably picking on you both, for being fairly young with nice cars... may I ask, are you both Asian? I don't know why but these white prick York region cops have a hard on for going after Asian's, middle easterns, and Europeans who come off as well to do because maybe they figure you can afford to pay for their ticket quota.

Request disclosure a month from the day you got the ticket... I'd love to see what this piggy will fabricate before the courts if he even provides his notes... if he doesn't, and you don't get disclosure, case will be quashed, and you're free to go... Such a cash grab in Onterrible.

Last edited by 335icandy; 05-13-2012 at 05:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2012, 08:58 AM   #50
Candyman09
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sparkling Graphite e90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim.e. View Post
That's weird...I would ask your buddies if they can run your plates and check if you have any flags. I see Cayman, GT3RS, Panamera (I think the go4tea guys) and Cayennes all the time when I'm in the east end - but never pulled over.
Sorry, I should clarify. When I was pulled over it was on Queen St. (West of Spadina) @ 9pm. As soon as he saw me, he was almost apologetic & started explaining there were lots of thief & drugs in the area. They thought I was out of place because my plates were registered in Markham, but I was driving around in a ghetto part of downtown Toronto. I don't think it's unreasonable for me to be there?

I never get tickets or the 3rd degree. Just the annoyance of being stopped.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2012, 03:47 PM   #51
tcharged
Banned
Rep
Drives: bunch of them

this is beyond stupid wow
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #52
jim.e.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman09 View Post
Sorry, I should clarify. When I was pulled over it was on Queen St. (West of Spadina) @ 9pm. As soon as he saw me, he was almost apologetic & started explaining there were lots of thief & drugs in the area. They thought I was out of place because my plates were registered in Markham, but I was driving around in a ghetto part of downtown Toronto. I don't think it's unreasonable for me to be there?

I never get tickets or the 3rd degree. Just the annoyance of being stopped.
I hear ya. But as you stated, it was in "the wrong neck of the woods" kind of thing so it was a routine stop in the cops eyes. Still shouldn't have really pulled you over but if my Porsche was stolen and the cop did pull someone over as a "routine stop" and found it, I'd be quite happy. Different pro's/con's to weigh in.
Appreciate 0