E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > BT data logs - Partial throttle surge 2009.5 / JB3 1.4

09-03-2009, 09:02 PM   #23
Borsig
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: '09 335i ///M-Sport

To be fair Terry is helping - even though I didnt buy the box directly from him...

I just wanted to know if others have this problem... Espiaclly those with 2009.5 cars.

I'm just not sure there is much of a fix for it right now is all.... My main concern was that it was not something wrong with my car. I dont have issues with Terry's service, nor am I trying to start , or rather fuel this tuner war.

All I want is the tune thats right for me. Without sales pitches or bullshit. I dont care who makes it. Shiv is helping me out too in that regard now.

If Im not the only one with this issue, (and I know now that I am not) it makes me feel just a bit better about it... Becasue nothing has gone right with this car for me.... Spoilers dont fit, wheels dont fit and my damn tune is acting up... Im just a bit fed up with it all at this point... And will be glad when I have it together and working.

I dont have a "side" and am a fanboy of neither. But when this is over, I will have one tune or the other. Or none if nothing works for me.

And then I will know which one works best for me and why... In the end I think thats all we can do....
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 09:22 PM   #24
NRG
Lieutenant Colonel
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Anton,
What is it that the Vishnu "fanboys" are doing that bothers you (or anyone else for that matter). It would be another thing if the OP hadn't already tried to get his issue (on the non Beta maps) resolved by Terry/Mike. After a point, isn't it okay to post his issues publically. To the OPs credit, he even took the time to collect and post actual DATA instead of the usual approach employed by many people on this forum. Give him a break and let people offer their feedback. The OP can do whatever he wants to with it. It's obvious that he isn't the only one who has experienced such issues.

Shiv
He did not finished resolving it with Terry. Those are his first BT logs that Terry received as well. And you don't miss a post, do you? Don't you have your "amazing" threads to monitor?

Retired: 2005 N52 E90 330i Sport 6AT
Retired: 2007 N54 E92 335i Sport 6AT

Current: 2012 M57 E70 X5 xDrive35D
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 09:28 PM   #25
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG View Post
He did not finished resolving it with Terry. Those are his first BT logs that Terry received as well. And you don't miss a post, do you? Don't you have your "amazing" threads to monitor?
I don't you're in any position to curb anyone's online behavior here or anywhere else given your post history here and on n54tech. Get over it and try to do something positive.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 09:28 PM   #26
Borsig
Captain
Germany
Rep

They arent the first ones Anton... Second set - as I said Im not dissatisfied with Terry's service or help whatseoever.

Im just not sure there IS a resolution for this.. I think its in the mapping. Doesnt do it on map 0, very slight on Map 1, somewhat feel it, but not too awful bad on a map like 6 (which my car hates for some reason) and downright scary on lagfix maps.

Why me? I have no idea... Its always my stuff that breaks.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 09:31 PM   #27
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Anton,
What is it that the Vishnu "fanboys" are doing that bothers you (or anyone else for that matter). It would be another thing if the OP hadn't already tried to get his issue (on the non Beta maps) resolved by Terry/Mike. After a point, isn't it okay to post his issues publically. To the OPs credit, he even took the time to collect and post actual DATA instead of the usual approach employed by many people on this forum. Give him a break and let people offer their feedback. The OP can do whatever he wants to with it. It's obvious that he isn't the only one who has experienced such issues.

Shiv
Shiv, I appreciate your sincere interest in helping OP solve his problem, but I'm not sure BMS has had a chance to fully troubleshoot it yet. "Boost surge" at partial throttle is not normal with the JB3 as thousands of customers can testify to. No more normal than the reported limps with the PROcede system. Since the system was purchased used it introduces some variables but I'm sure they'll figure it out.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 09:32 PM   #28
NRG
Lieutenant Colonel
Russian Federation
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borsig View Post
To be fair Terry is helping - even though I didnt buy the box directly from him...

I just wanted to know if others have this problem... Espiaclly those with 2009.5 cars.

I'm just not sure there is much of a fix for it right now is all.... My main concern was that it was not something wrong with my car. I dont have issues with Terry's service, nor am I trying to start , or rather fuel this tuner war.

All I want is the tune thats right for me. Without sales pitches or bullshit. I dont care who makes it. Shiv is helping me out too in that regard now.

If Im not the only one with this issue, (and I know now that I am not) it makes me feel just a bit better about it... Becasue nothing has gone right with this car for me.... Spoilers dont fit, wheels dont fit and my damn tune is acting up... Im just a bit fed up with it all at this point... And will be glad when I have it together and working.

I dont have a "side" and am a fanboy of neither. But when this is over, I will have one tune or the other. Or none if nothing works for me.

And then I will know which one works best for me and why... In the end I think thats all we can do....
Don't worry about it man! No wars here. Just keep it over with Terry, I'm sure it'll be resolved. Or you can get a PROcede and see what works best. Gl.

Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 09:33 PM   #29
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borsig View Post
They arent the first ones Anton... Second set - as I said Im not dissatisfied with Terry's service or help whatseoever.

Im just not sure there IS a resolution for this.. I think its in the mapping. Doesnt do it on map 0, very slight on Map 1, somewhat feel it, but not too awful bad on a map like 6 (which my car hates for some reason) and downright scary on lagfix maps.

Why me? I have no idea... Its always my stuff that breaks.
I'm sure it will wind up being a simple fix, but you need to go through the troubleshooting process. It may require sending the hardware in to BMS to be checked, as there is a wide range of items that could cause that symptom.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 09:39 PM   #30
NRG
Lieutenant Colonel
Russian Federation
Rep

Quote:
I don't you're in any position to curb anyone's online behavior here or anywhere else given your post history here and on n54tech. Get over it and try to do something positive.
PM'd

Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 09:44 PM   #31
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
I read your PM. By "something positive", I didn't mean a personal threat with poor grammar. But hey, whatever works for you

I guess the mods should close this thread after all.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 09:46 PM   #32
NRG
Lieutenant Colonel
Russian Federation
Rep

Quote:
I read your PM. By "something positive", I didn't mean a personal threat with poor grammar. But hey, whatever works for you

Shiv

Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 09:50 PM   #33
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

I've never been on a forum where vendors prey on each other like vulchers once theres a chance.

To the OP i hope you get it resolved soon. I too have a recent build 335i that I am looking to tune.
      09-03-2009, 09:53 PM   #34
Borsig
Captain
Germany
Rep

alan.. keep posted...

I dont know WHAT causes this on my particular car honestly...

But when all this is done and the smoke clears, I will post an unbiased review of which tune I went with, and why, and the pros and cons of each...

Iv'e no dog in this fight... Other than my very rapidly emptying wallet.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 10:16 PM   #35
Kbueno
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

hmmm..thought this was a place to post for any problem, regardless of what tune you are running. I had similar issue with some maps w the PROcede, but never narrowed it down to the exact cause...it was 1 of the following: Spark Plugs, bad boost solenoid, fuel pump, loose intake tubing to rear snail, shitty gas, or somethin with Shiv's map.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 10:34 PM   #36
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335lvr View Post
hmmm..thought this was a place to post for any problem, regardless of what tune you are running. I had similar issue with some maps w the PROcede, but never narrowed it down to the exact cause...it was 1 of the following: Spark Plugs, bad boost solenoid, fuel pump, loose intake tubing to rear snail, shitty gas, or somethin with Shiv's map.
lol...thats alot of variables!!
Appreciate 0