E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Airbag, Seatbelt, SOS lights????

10-26-2010, 04:26 PM   #1
JDMonster
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Airbag, Seatbelt, SOS lights????

So i had my car repainted by my painter and when I got it back today I have a number of issues. I will list them below.

1) Airbag light is on

2) Seatbelt light is on

3) SOS light is on

4) Steroe (logic 7) has no Audio. It is on and appears to be working but no sound

5) No bluetooth

I did a search and found that I can have some stuff cleared at the dealer. And that there is A TSB on the Logic 7 Amp. Is there any way I can test the Amp to so if that is the issue? The only thing my painter said he did was removed the door panels and un hooked the ground. any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2010, 05:05 PM   #2
cb1111
I ask the questions you're afraid to ask.
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMonster View Post
So i had my car repainted by my painter and when I got it back today I have a number of issues. I will list them below.

1) Airbag light is on

2) Seatbelt light is on

3) SOS light is on

4) Steroe (logic 7) has no Audio. It is on and appears to be working but no sound

5) No bluetooth

I did a search and found that I can have some stuff cleared at the dealer. And that there is A TSB on the Logic 7 Amp. Is there any way I can test the Amp to so if that is the issue? The only thing my painter said he did was removed the door panels and un hooked the ground. any thoughts?
Off to the dealer for you. Expect to pay for getting things reset since this is not a manufacturer's defect - it was caused by your bodyshop. Has this guy ever worked on a German car before?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2010, 05:48 PM   #3
JDMonster
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1111 View Post
Off to the dealer for you. Expect to pay for getting things reset since this is not a manufacturer's defect - it was caused by your bodyshop. Has this guy ever worked on a German car before?

With the reset what all will be fixed?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2010, 06:31 PM   #4
ScaredOnce
Very Important
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi (e92)

Garage List
Thumbs down

I would be sending the bill straight to the body shop. Hell, I might not even have accepted the car back - pending any other agreement.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2010, 10:43 PM   #5
JDMonster
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredOnce View Post
I would be sending the bill straight to the body shop. Hell, I might not even have accepted the car back - pending any other agreement.
I agree a 100%, the key here is so far all ive paid for is the paint and no labor.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 04:34 PM   #6
e90pilot
Freight Dawg
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

He might have disconnected a crash sensor and forgot to reconnect it. Though I don't understand your radio issue.
'06 Arctic Metallic 325i | Sport Package | 6MT | Dinan Stage III suspension | Dinan exhaust | 330i manifold swap! Click here! | Active Autowerke tune | 135i Brake Calipers | Deiselboost caliper brackets | E46 M3 front rotors
Appreciate 0