E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Do you guys get fine scratches on your clear coat/car?

05-23-2012, 10:34 PM   #23
StyleBimma
Driven by passion. Fueled by dreams.
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 330i + F25 X3 35i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight_335 View Post
Get yourself a bottle of Meguire's Scratch X 2.0. You'll thank me for it! Stuff is a freakin miracle in a bottle for fine scratches!

Alpine White?? Try having a Black Sapphire car bro
^ lol

+1 meguires scratch x (by far one of the best scratch removal products out there).
Also tried using BMW's scratch remover (some crazy witchcraft sh*t) has more steps to it but also very effective.

Black Sapphire is pure candy when clean. Wash + polish every two days.
      05-23-2012, 10:40 PM   #24
jvsxn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e-ninety

Feel lucky that the studded belt scene dieda couple years back because that along with someone leaning against your car is no bueno. In reality, you really can't avoid getting some sort of scratch at some point in your car's lifetime. The best you can do is clear bra it or other methods to minimize scratches.
      05-24-2012, 04:32 AM   #25
MrQuickR1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

I had some ugly ass pinstripes on my car when I bought it. Painted on and very hard to get off. I had to use the dremel with a polishing pad, meguiars fine cut cleaner and in little sections at a time, work it out. took a total of 5 hours. Some spots I had to actually sand down.
I was left with a big line of fine scratches all the way from front to back on each side.
I used the Porter Cable Dual Action Polisher.
Meguiars M 105 to cut into the clear a little.
Meguairs M 205 to pull out the scratching from the 105
The M 205 is very fine and is good for just fine swirl like scratching, it's an excellent product and I highly suggest giving that a try after you try the scratch x (if scratch x doesn't work)
Appreciate 0