E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > android Hu install questions

12-13-2018, 01:09 AM   #1
FunkyProtein
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series 2008 220D

android Hu install questions

Hi all

what's the best (and cheapest) Hu to replace stock radio and CD player with nav on idrive to upgrade to but still have functionality (or use of the idrive screen) of integrated screen?

thank you
steve
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2018, 01:17 AM   #2
assassinsbrotherhood
330d E90 LCI M Sport.
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2010 330d e90 LCI M Sport

Garage List
Hi, I have just installed the PX5 from Joying that is functional with everything and looks great too.Touch screen and fully functional. Around $580.Use of steering wheel controls,hands free phone,nav and movie playback in motion. Was all plug and play and I also got the Digital TV too.No cutting or anything to mess up the original surrounds.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2018, 01:51 AM   #3
FunkyProtein
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series 2008 220D

Quote:
Originally Posted by assassinsbrotherhood View Post
Hi, I have just installed the PX5 from Joying that is functional with everything and looks great too.Touch screen and fully functional. Around $580.Use of steering wheel controls,hands free phone,nav and movie playback in motion. Was all plug and play and I also got the Digital TV too.No cutting or anything to mess up the original surrounds.
Hi assassin

is the nav controlled and installed and the new Hu rather than the idrive cic?

I shall definately look at this. Santa is due to bring me something nice after the year I've had lol

thank you mate

PS is this the one? https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F263997104167

could you still make use of your idrive screen?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2018, 04:52 AM   #4
assassinsbrotherhood
330d E90 LCI M Sport.
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2010 330d e90 LCI M Sport

Garage List
Installed Both Units as Displays.

Hey Funky, you still have control of all the functions on the i Drive screen as well as on the separate display. I have upgraded my i Drive screen head Unit as well as adding this extra display. My head unit in the dash is the same as a 2014, with the added display(PX5) as I have pointed out to you. I cannot fault either.In hindsight I would have just installed the PX5, but i had already changed the Dash head unit already too.I dont mind the both displays as my partner can have a movie going on the top Unit and I can have the Nav in full screen down below.
Appreciate 0