E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Adaptive Headlights Code out

03-19-2019, 09:31 AM   #1
Kwood-F10-535i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 535I

Garage List
Adaptive Headlights Code out

Hello I am working on a Buddies E60 (I know this is E90 group but its the same modules) His adaptive headlights are throwing a code. The wires inside the light are all losing their insulation. He wants me to code out the Adaptive portion of the lights. Is this possible? Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what to code out in the modules?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 12:22 PM   #2
codinge90
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwood-F10-535i View Post
Hello I am working on a Buddies E60 (I know this is E90 group but its the same modules) His adaptive headlights are throwing a code. The wires inside the light are all losing their insulation. He wants me to code out the Adaptive portion of the lights. Is this possible? Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what to code out in the modules?
Yes remove $524 from VO and default code FRM/LCM. I offer remote coding if you need assistance as well
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 12:23 PM   #3
codinge90
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Yes remove $524 from VO and default code FRM/LCM. I offer remote coding if you need assistance as well
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 01:11 PM   #4
Kwood-F10-535i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 535I

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by codinge90 View Post
Excellent thank you for the info! Also I have had no trouble with F-series cars using my CAN cable but for some reason. I haven not been able to connect with my Bimmergeeks cable using ISTA+ or any other software. The LED on the cable shuts off after about 45 seconds like the car has killed power to the OBD Port. I can unplug it and reconnect it and the light comes back but does the same thing. It has done it on all the E-Series cars I have tried. What am I missing?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 01:36 PM   #5
codinge90
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by codinge90 View Post
Excellent thank you for the info! Also I have had no trouble with F-series cars using my CAN cable but for some reason. I haven not been able to connect with my Bimmergeeks cable using ISTA+ or any other software. The LED on the cable shuts off after about 45 seconds like the car has killed power to the OBD Port. I can unplug it and reconnect it and the light comes back but does the same thing. It has done it on all the E-Series cars I have tried. What am I missing?
Go to device manager, make sure the cable is set to com port 1 with latency 1 ms.
Appreciate 1