E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > E92 CAS VIN Coding

06-28-2020, 10:29 PM   #1
09E92335
Rep
Drives: 09 335i 6mt

E92 CAS VIN Coding

So long story short...
Water damaged CAS, so I replaced with a used DME, CAS, and key set.

Everything runs fine, I coded the CAS and DME with the proper FA. DME was coded with my VIN.
The problem I'm having is coding the CAS with my VIN.
I tried coding the VIN with WinKFP, I entered the VIN and coded it with the key out of the ignition. Everything seemed successful, got a coding successful message, but my Vin still stays as the Vin from the donor vehicle.
I then tried to code it using tool32 and entering my Vin with check sum into c_fg_schreiben, I get the error "cas error_ecu_conditions_not_correct_or_request_sequen ce_error" regardless of ignition position and key in or out.

I tried to code using the AIF in tool32, but I may not have done it right, because it shows the correct VIN I want after I coded it in AIF, but I coded it over the original information, and I have seen in tutorials to code it in a different slot it seems. The correct Vin does not carry over to the actual CAS because when I read it from any program, it shows the donor VIN still.

If anyone can offer help that would be great. I only have the DCAN INPA cable.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 02:12 AM   #2
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09E92335 View Post
So long story short...
Water damaged CAS, so I replaced with a used DME, CAS, and key set.

Everything runs fine, I coded the CAS and DME with the proper FA. DME was coded with my VIN.
The problem I'm having is coding the CAS with my VIN.
I tried coding the VIN with WinKFP, I entered the VIN and coded it with the key out of the ignition. Everything seemed successful, got a coding successful message, but my Vin still stays as the Vin from the donor vehicle.
I then tried to code it using tool32 and entering my Vin with check sum into c_fg_schreiben, I get the error "cas error_ecu_conditions_not_correct_or_request_sequen ce_error" regardless of ignition position and key in or out.

I tried to code using the AIF in tool32, but I may not have done it right, because it shows the correct VIN I want after I coded it in AIF, but I coded it over the original information, and I have seen in tutorials to code it in a different slot it seems. The correct Vin does not carry over to the actual CAS because when I read it from any program, it shows the donor VIN still.

If anyone can offer help that would be great. I only have the DCAN INPA cable.
If you flashed CAS with VIN in Winkfp and inpa UIF still shows donor vin your winkfp config is wrong. Make sure UIF update comfort mode in checked.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 05:25 PM   #3
09E92335
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd********* View Post
If you flashed CAS with VIN in Winkfp and inpa UIF still shows donor vin your winkfp config is wrong. Make sure UIF update comfort mode in checked.
So I just checked my configuration in winkfp and it appears I have UIF write in comfort mode checked (image attached). Is this what you are referring to or is there another option to enable? Also I am posting from my phone and it always messes up the size of the photos so apologies.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 12:04 PM   #4
09E92335
Rep

Anyone have any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 08:44 AM   #5
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 M-Sport

You can't use any of the bmw tools to change the cas vin, its write protected from all tools that use the OBD. You can get the vin to change in the UIF but the cas will report the original vin when requested (like the kombi or cic etc).

Believe me i know....tool32, winkfp, istad, ista-p and NCSexpert, will not change the vin in the cas, it just wont, so move on and look at programming tools.

OEM OBD tools will only work ***IF*** the cas is factory virgin (has a blank vin code set).

The **only** way is to use a programmer, like the r270 programmer.

Basically, you would need to solder some wires to the cas main board and then use the r270 to factory virgin the cas vin, and then you would need to use tool32, winkfp etc to change the cas vin.

That said the keys ISN would probably be wrong, so that might need coding too.

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2020, 10:12 AM   #6
09E92335
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccfj1 View Post
You can't use any of the bmw tools to change the cas vin, its write protected from all tools that use the OBD. You can get the vin to change in the UIF but the cas will report the original vin when requested (like the kombi or cic etc).

Believe me i know....tool32, winkfp, istad, ista-p and NCSexpert, will not change the vin in the cas, it just wont, so move on and look at programming tools.

OEM OBD tools will only work ***IF*** the cas is factory virgin (has a blank vin code set).

The **only** way is to use a programmer, like the r270 programmer.

Basically, you would need to solder some wires to the cas main board and then use the r270 to factory virgin the cas vin, and then you would need to use tool32, winkfp etc to change the cas vin.

That said the keys ISN would probably be wrong, so that might need coding too.

So in the end, I sent off my CAS and original DMU to Precision ECU to be cloned to a new (used) CAS. Cost just over $200 and I had two additional keys programmed to the car.

But, I am still having issues with the ABS, DSC, and DTC lights staying on. I tried to reset steering angle and to reset everything but they stay illuminated.

Does anyone know a good person who can remote in and help me code these out as I am kind of tired of messing with the car at this point?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2020, 03:54 PM   #7
icon2015
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 320d ~200 bhp

You have to read your fault codes with ista, as you also may have another issue that isn't related to the CAS/DME swap.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2020, 06:07 PM   #8
09E92335
Rep

In the end user "mizta insane" helped me out. We installed ISTA and were able to recalibrate the DSC or DBC module. Now no more lights.

Thanks again for all the suggestions and help everyone.
Appreciate 0