E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Easy, effective, BMW tools install on Windows 10 64bit

10-24-2017, 01:18 PM   #23
Frigenchigen
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 328i 2011

Here is a link to another thread on here that has a link to a zip file that includes NCS Expert 3.1.0 with both ExpertMode and an already created profile ready for coding called "FSW PSW MINE".

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=588311

Direct link to download master zip: http://www.philharlow.com/files/NCSE..._EDIABAS_7.zip
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 10:22 PM   #24
myculito
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Quick question:

I have successfully installed this setup on my laptop (thanks OP).

Bimmer Geeks has newer daten files (v60.1) available. https://www.bimmergeeks.net/downloads

How do I go about updating the Daten files into the folder structure provided as part of the install in this thread? I'm not sure what needs to be copied where.

Last edited by myculito; 10-24-2017 at 10:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 08:43 AM   #25
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LMB 335is

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by myculito
Quick question:

I have successfully installed this setup on my laptop (thanks OP).

Bimmer Geeks has newer daten files (v60.1) available. https://www.bimmergeeks.net/downloads

How do I go about updating the Daten files into the folder structure provided as part of the install in this thread? I'm not sure what needs to be copied where.
Use the BMW Coding tool that was included in the software pkg. Once opened, at the top right hand side will be two buttons, update SP daten and update WinKFP. Click on "select SP source" and you will need to navigate to the new daten file in your C drive, once that's picked click the update SP daten button, no to backup and it will update the folders automatically. Do the same with WinKFP.
      10-25-2017, 01:44 PM   #26
myculito
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerGeeks View Post
If your using our Inpa install, there is no need to "Update Sp Daten", they are already updated.

You only need to "update winkfp" so the flash files are in there so you can flash.

We omit them from the download to reduce the download size from 4.5Gb to 100mb for the people who only want to code & diagnose & don't need to flash via winkfp.
?? I'm confused. Just yesterday, I ran through and installed the software package from the "Standard Tools" button on your downloads page.

So I already have v60.1 daten files then?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 11:55 PM   #27
myculito
Private
Rep

Quote:
Yes. Using our "Standard Tools" download off of our page, your fully set up if you followed the install guide. Inpa, Ncs & all the other tools are fully functional and up to date.

The only program that isn't functional and requires so datens is winkfp. We deleted the data files(C:\Ec-Apps\Nfs\Data.

If you want to flash with winkfp, simply use Coding Tool, point it to your Sp daten download & hit "update winkfp".
Another issue I've noticed with INPA is that everything is showing in German. I checked the inpa.ini file, which is set to both English and Englisch, but the menu options when selecting "engine" are all in German.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2017, 07:46 PM   #28
ibrandt
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
We're working on converting as much as we can.
Which engine are you?
S65 (MSS60) translations would be awesome.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2017, 10:41 AM   #29
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Hi BimmerGeeks,

I am getting an error when I get to the step where I enter these commands:

regsvr32 mscomctl.ocx
(Press Enter & wait for "Registration Succeeded" message)
regsvr32 msflxgrd.ocx
regsvr32 comdlg32.ocx

I do enter command prompt as an administrator. I can get the second command to work, but the first and last command give me an error.
It states:
"The module "xx" failed to load
Make sure the binary is stored at the specific path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files.
The specific module could not be found."

The files are all in the correct and same folder so not sure why the one worked and the other two wont. I made sure I typed the name of the files correctly and tried deleting the file from the folder and copying it over again and still the same thing.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2017, 02:02 PM   #30
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I can only guess your missing a step.

Are you putting the 3 files in the the syswow64 folder or the system32 folder?

If you have a syswow64 folder, you need to make sure your putting them in there.

Afterwords, right click on CMD from the start menu, run it as admin, and make sure you type:

Cd c:\windows\syswow64

That will navigate you to the correct directory to register the OCX files.
Thanks, I put them in the system32 folder. I will put them in the syswow64 folder and add the extra command and try again. I didn't have system64 folder so I assumed they would just go in the system32 folder. Will try ASAP and let you know.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2017, 09:08 PM   #31
spazzz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 535xi MHD&XHP,2013 X1 35i

Just found this thread today.
I got my Twisted Visionz k-dcan cable yesterday and tried it with Mikes Easy Bmw tools.

No dice on that one besides a few frustrating hours.

I deleted the easy tools and installed the BimmerGeeks Standard Tools following the install directions for Win10.

I plugged into car and my Inpa dots are black. That's good but my key wasn't in the ignition. I will be checking more with INPA tomorrow.

I went straight to ISTA-D and read memory fault codes then cleared them.

Great Job fellas, thank you.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 02:19 PM   #32
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
Thanks, I put them in the system32 folder. I will put them in the syswow64 folder and add the extra command and try again. I didn't have system64 folder so I assumed they would just go in the system32 folder. Will try ASAP and let you know.
Just wanted to say thanks this did work!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 09:44 AM   #33
RJ's325ITS
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 Turbo, E36 GTS2 Racecar

Hello everyone,

I have the BG cable and did their download, followed every piece of the instructions, it works but not well. I keep getting the error #20 (data transmission disturbed).

I'm on Win10 machine working in my E90 335i and here is what I've done that helped a little but still can't make it work 100%.

● set the .ini file STD:FUNK to STD:OBD
● set it to port comp1
● data bits set to 8
● bits per second set to 9600
● latency 1
● receive and transmit set at 4096
● timeouts both set at 0 (zero)
● serial emulator box checked, all other not checked.

Any help hugely appreciate, I need to code my injectors and diagnose some other issues on my Audio system.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2017, 05:46 PM   #34
Soundmasterx
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 335i Xdrive

First off, Thank you so much for the info!
I was hoping someone could answer a few questions for me.

1) Should the battery and ignition circles be filled without the cable connected to the vehicle? (mine are)

2) Should I be getting error "Nicht zusammenpassende Versionen. Fehlfunktion ist moglich! SGBD Version 5.00 (in INPA) SGBD Version 7.002 INPA Version 2.070"?

3) Should I be able to troubleshoot my 2009 335i PDC? for some reason, when I try to connect to PDC I get these errors.

Thanks again for all the info guys!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2017, 01:05 PM   #35
codinge90
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

I downloaded successfully but NCSExpert only has 2 profiles. Manipulation & Factory Coding. Anyone else have this same problem? Would like Expertmode and Revtors profiles on there. Is that something I'll need to download elsewhere and wasn't included in the download? If so, anyone have a newer link to good profiles, most of the ones I've found on forums are either broken links now or very old. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2017, 02:24 PM   #36
GEOS07335i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335i

Garage List
Followed the instructions to the tee. Works great for my limited Knowledge. Can anyone recap what all the tools are used for? The only tool i've used so far is INPA to look at errors. But I'm also going to change my fuel injectors soon and I've been able to look at the coding etc...

I would also like to know which diagnostics I can run. I'm having a MOST / SOS issue and need to find out if I blew a fuse or if one of my modules have gone bad. Currently I have no sound but radio / nav all appear to be working. Just no sound.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2017, 07:18 PM   #37
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LMB 335is

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by codinge90 View Post
I downloaded successfully but NCSExpert only has 2 profiles. Manipulation & Factory Coding. Anyone else have this same problem? Would like Expertmode and Revtors profiles on there. Is that something I'll need to download elsewhere and wasn't included in the download? If so, anyone have a newer link to good profiles, most of the ones I've found on forums are either broken links now or very old. Thanks
The name of the profile means nothing. You can take any profile, edit it and name it anything you want. Has no effect on what the profile can do. Manipulation, which refers to the FSW/PSW manipulate box being checked, is the coding profile, equivalent to Revtors. Factory Coding profile is unchecked making it the same as Expert Mode, Expertmoden, Default coding, etc.
Attached Images

01-01-2018, 10:31 AM   #38
its_dewayne
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 328xi

I was trying to code my e90 last night and wasnt getting the ecu option after selecting e89, then I ran across this thread, uninstalled every bit of software and installed the BMW Tools that was mentioned in this thread. I can now get to the CAS selection, but then it pops up with a Faulty Vin message. I followed the install steps one by one and checked my cable to make sure the 7 and 8 pins werent bridge. Com1 and Latency set to 1ms as well.

Is there anything else I need to check into. Im needing to code my car so I can install some xenon headlights.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2018, 11:00 AM   #39
Stroker1
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 335 cp dci, ***dp's, jb4

Having similar connection issues in ncsexprt. Getting coapi-2020 "faulty vin" error message. My car is 07 335i. Inpa connects, reads all modules and is fully functional. If cable connects to all modules using inpa can assume settings are correct since all programs share settings. I downloaded the Bimgeeks toolset and datens. Was pretty seamless. Tried uninstall and reinstall with no help. Frustrating. Any insights? Thinking maybe daten file issue??
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2018, 11:13 AM   #40
its_dewayne
Private
Rep

I just tried INPA and both dots are black without the key in the ignition. Tried accessing this airbag module and Im getting a code

Error! Group file: D_SIM.GRP
IFH-0009: No response from controlunit

Either you are using an antiquated ..\EDIABS\ECU\T_GRBT.PRG file and or the ecu gives you wrong variant index, diagnostic index or, from F01 onwars, SGBD index.

Program will be stopped.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2018, 01:08 PM   #41
Stroker1
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 335 cp dci, ***dp's, jb4

Update.. I have been in contact with bimmergeeks several times this weekend. He offered to remotely view my toolset installation. He took the time to work with me and found a module in need of updating which he accomplished during the session. Toolset now up and running!! Can't speak more highly for bimmergeeks... i can be certain their cables are flawless!! Many thanks...
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2018, 05:14 PM   #42
its_dewayne
Private
Rep

Not sure what my problem is, might be my cable. I done a clean install of everything a little bit ago and still getting the same results.

11:51pm - spent the money and ordered a cable from Bimmergeeks. At least with a genuine cable, I know that part wont be a problem and can get assistance if needed.

Last edited by its_dewayne; 01-01-2018 at 10:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2018, 10:18 AM   #43
Gulfsurfer
Registered
Rep
Drives: '11 x35d, '12 x35d, & others

Pre-install question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerlove335 View Post

Next what you want to do is go into your C drive and remove several folders completely. Delete the EDIABAS, EC-APPS, and NCEXPER folders from your hard drive.

Hey, first post here; thx to bimmerlove335 for putting together this go-by install. It's sharing info like this that makes the BMW DIYer community so nice to be a part of.

I've got some experience with these tools. I mostly use INPA for reading error codes. My Romanian BMW Diag Tools stopped working (old XP laptop) and a new install yesterday of Mike's Easy BMW Tools wouldn't work either (on a newer Win 7 64 bit laptop). So I ordered a new K+DCAN cable thinking that it might be the common problem; I'm waiting for it to be delivered.

In the meantime, I thought I would try the BimmerGeeks BMW Tools. My question: the step above says to "remove several folders completely. Delete the EDIABAS, EC-APPS, and NCEXPER folders from your hard drive." I'm just wondering. where would these folders come from if I'm doing a clean install? Is this assuming I had software tools previously installed ?

Thx in Advance!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2018, 03:43 PM   #44
alexdc12
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2007 E91 BMW 318D

Hi guys
Thanks for the standard tools it works u like the one bundled with my cable!
I have 02007 e91 318d with the n47 engine. I can read and reset error codes but am having problems on some of the status tabs.
First off I had to add the dde7xn47_all. Ipo file and then add an entry in e90. Eng file.
But these errors appear when I try to look at the status tabs like rough idle or mass airflow etc.

Thanks in advance
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HlP...w?usp=drivesdk
Appreciate 0