E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Software - Help yourself

02-02-2020, 07:40 PM   #23
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank944 View Post
Thanks sd*********, now I need to find what should I buy from the car battery for 2012 bmw 528i xdrive? How do I know what spec of my car battery without open the trunk?

Thanks

Frank
Realoem.com

Type last 7 of vin in there, you'll then be taken to a screen with categories for your car. Choose vehicle electrical system and you'll then see an option for battery. Click it and you'll see a list of compatible batteries for your car. Just take note of the Amp Hour ratings and CCA. Then you can go to oreillys or any automotive parts store, let the clerk know the amp hours and CCA rating you need and you're all set. No need for Oem battery, just as long as it's the same specs.
Appreciate 1
      02-02-2020, 10:13 PM   #24
eugenecp
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i Convertible

Garage List
Thanks for the collection.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2020, 10:22 PM   #25
Unknown_Car
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Few and diffrent

Quote:
Thanks sd*********, now I need to find what should I buy from the car battery for 2012 bmw 528i xdrive? How do I know what spec of my car battery without open the trunk?

Thanks

Frank
That's what I call lazy lol, "without open the trunk". Is it that hard to get up and do something yourself?
DocRace 6266 single turbo.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2020, 11:58 PM   #26
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma_335i View Post
Quote:

Thanks

Frank
That's what I call lazy lol, "without open the trunk". Is it that hard to get up and do something yourself?
Hahah in his defense there's usually some sort of panel you gotta take off and kinda hard to read the sticker of battery specs since lots of times there's a brace connected on top that blocks it.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 12:06 AM   #27
Unknown_Car
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Few and diffrent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd********* View Post
Hahah in his defense there's usually some sort of panel you gotta take off and kinda hard to read the sticker of battery specs since lots of times there's a brace connected on top that blocks it.
I know lol. I am just saying... people are getting to lazy this days, and expect alot without trying to do something themselves.
DocRace 6266 single turbo.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 06:29 PM   #28
frank944
frank944
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 528i Xdrive

Good Evening,

I got the battery and Ether Cable, now I just have final question about the ISTA software on laptop, how can I know the software or the cable are working, software can open, and got to the register battery exchange screen, I just want make sure the software and cable are working and then ready to remove my old battery. Please Advice

Thanks

Frank
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 06:58 PM   #29
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Good Evening,

I got the battery and Ether Cable, now I just have final question about the ISTA software on laptop, how can I know the software or the cable are working, software can open, and got to the register battery exchange screen, I just want make sure the software and cable are working and then ready to remove my old battery. Please Advice

Thanks

Frank
If you can connect through ista then it's working
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 07:04 PM   #30
frank944
frank944
Rep

i can use software and connect with the cable, is there anyway can verify see the cable is working?

Thanks

Frank
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 07:08 PM   #31
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
i can use software and connect with the cable, is there anyway can verify see the cable is working?

Thanks

Frank
If you got as far as you said in the other post then yes the cable is working. You won't be able to go very far if the computer/program can't connect to the car
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 07:25 PM   #32
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Get Standard tools installed .
Go to Inpa run Functional jobs f2 and f3 .
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 10:34 PM   #33
frank944
frank944
Rep

I losted tonight. sorry guys....

Last edited by frank944; 02-06-2020 at 10:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 10:44 PM   #34
frank944
frank944
Rep

after installed the battery, when I am trying to use ISTA+. in after enter "enter battery exchange in the same capacity", then ask is the newly installed battery original BMW parts, since I bought from BMW dealer, I said Yes,and then asked me input 12 digital data matrix, so I typed the 12 digits, and then give me the error: Error in testmodule: ABL_WAR_AS6120_WECHEL, and the only option is detail and ok, so I click detail as below:

System.Exception: Failed to invoke service program. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)
at BMW.Rheingold.Module.ISTA.ABL_GEN_AG9999_TYP_TYPME RKMALE.Start(ParameterContainer InParameter, ParameterContainer& OutParameter, ParameterContainer& InAndOutParameter)
at BMW.Rheingold.Module.ISTA.ABL_GEN_AG9999_TYP_TYPME RKMALE.run(ParameterContainer InParameter, ParameterContainer& OutParameter, ParameterContainer& InAndOutParameter)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeIn ternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at BMW.Rheingold.Module.ISTA.ISTAModule.callModuleRef (String refPath, ParameterContainer InParameters, ParameterContainer& OutParameters, ParameterContainer& InAndOutParameters)
at BMW.Rheingold.Module.ISTA.ABL_WAR_AS6120_WECHSEL.R egistrieren_04_s()
at BMW.Rheingold.Module.ISTA.ABL_WAR_AS6120_WECHSEL.D ataMatrixCode()
at BMW.Rheingold.Module.ISTA.ABL_WAR_AS6120_WECHSEL.R egistrieren_03_s()
at BMW.Rheingold.Module.ISTA.ABL_WAR_AS6120_WECHSEL.A uswahl_01_s()
at BMW.Rheingold.Module.ISTA.ABL_WAR_AS6120_WECHSEL.A G6100_AEP0()
at BMW.Rheingold.Module.ISTA.ABL_WAR_AS6120_WECHSEL.S tart(ParameterContainer InParameter, ParameterContainer& OutParameter, ParameterContainer& InAndOutParameter)
at BMW.Rheingold.Module.ISTA.ABL_WAR_AS6120_WECHSEL.r un(ParameterContainer InParameter, ParameterContainer& OutParameter, ParameterContainer& InAndOutParameter)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeIn ternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at BMW.Rheingold.Module.ISTA.IstaServiceProgramInvoke r.DoInvoke()
at BMW.Rheingold.Module.ISTA.IstaServiceProgramInvoke r.Invoke()
at BMW.Rheingold.Module.ISTA.ModuleBootstrapLoader.In vokeRunMethod(MethodInfo run, Object[] param)
at BMW.Rheingold.Module.ISTA.ModuleBootstrapLoader.do It()

click OK let me go back to battery exchange again.

any advice?

Thanks

Frank
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 11:03 PM   #35
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
after installed the battery, when I am trying to use ISTA+. in after enter "enter battery exchange in the same capacity", then ask is the newly installed battery original BMW parts, since I bought from BMW dealer, I said Yes,and then asked me input 12 digital data matrix, so I typed the 12 digits, and then give me the error: Error in testmodule: ABL_WAR_AS6120_WECHEL, and the only option is detail and ok, so I click detail as below:

System.Exception: Failed to invoke service program. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at BMW.Rheingold.Module.ISTA.ABL_GEN_AG9999_TYP_TYPME RKMALE.Start(ParameterContainer InParameter, ParameterContainer& OutParameter, ParameterContainer& InAndOutParameter)
at BMW.Rheingold.Module.ISTA.ABL_GEN_AG9999_TYP_TYPME RKMALE.run(ParameterContainer InParameter, ParameterContainer& OutParameter, ParameterContainer& InAndOutParameter)
at BMW.Rheingold.Module.ISTA.ISTAModule.callModuleRef (String refPath, ParameterContainer InParameters, ParameterContainer& OutParameters, ParameterContainer& InAndOutParameters)
at BMW.Rheingold.Module.ISTA.ABL_WAR_AS6120_WECHSEL.S tart(ParameterContainer InParameter, ParameterContainer& OutParameter, ParameterContainer& InAndOutParameter)
at BMW.Rheingold.Module.ISTA.ABL_WAR_AS6120_WECHSEL.r un(ParameterContainer InParameter, ParameterContainer& OutParameter, ParameterContainer& InAndOutParameter)
at BMW.Rheingold.Module.ISTA.ModuleBootstrapLoader.In vokeRunMethod(MethodInfo run, Object[] param)

any advice?

Thanks

Frank
Just press no when it says if it's a bmw battery.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 11:06 PM   #36
frank944
frank944
Rep

i tried that too, same error, wonder do I change from windows 10 to windows 7?

Thanks

Frank
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2020, 12:13 PM   #37
frank944
frank944
Rep

i am still have issue with register battery with ISTA+, After I installed the battery, when I am trying to use ISTA+. in after enter "enter battery exchange in the same capacity", then ask is the newly installed battery original BMW parts, since I bought from BMW dealer, I said Yes,and then asked me input 12 digital data matrix, so I typed the 12 digits, and then give me the error: Error in testmodule: ABL_WAR_AS6120_WECHEL, and the only option is detail and ok, so I click detail as below:

is that something with the software or my ether cable? or Win10 laptop?

Thanks

Frank
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2020, 12:29 PM   #38
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Might be easier to use Inpa or Tool32 .
It's better to get Inpa up and running and may be essential
depending on whose install you use.
Bimmergeek.net install requires Inpa(standard tools suite be
running first. )
Most PC problems are due to not having the complete set of
Microsoft C++ executable s installed or not having netframework 4.7
or better. Which operating system (windows 7 or 10 is not the issue)
Windows 10 comes with more stuff installed defacto than Win 7.

When I start seeing method error's it suggests that all the
C++ excutables are not installed.

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1581663

Also since this thread was started to give a library of software
it's not really a good place to ask questions about how to get it working I think.

Last edited by ctuna; 02-07-2020 at 12:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2020, 01:01 PM   #39
frank944
frank944
Rep

i don't think it support 2012 bmw 528i xdrive (F10) , I did install inpa and tool32 from Bimmergeek.net, and then install ISTA, guess may be conflict to each other...
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2020, 01:23 PM   #40
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i don't think it support 2012 bmw 528i xdrive (F10) , I did install inpa and tool32 from Bimmergeek.net, and then install ISTA, guess may be conflict to each other...
It's probably best you find someone to remotely do the job for you. Unfortunately we cannot walk you through every single little detail, it would take too long to figure out where the problem lies. Last thing to check us ista vehicle interface. Make sure it's set to enet
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2020, 10:25 PM   #41
frank944
frank944
Rep

Here is the update:

After read car information, there some icons showed brown and then got error: "the programming system could not be initialized. The ISTA installation may be damaged or incorrectly configured. Reinstall ISTA . If problems persists. Contact local support "

therefore I continue to select Vehicle management/service function//body/voltage supply/battery/register battery replacement, instead of Answer Yes to "is the newly installed battery an original BMW parts?", because I thought I bought a brand new BMW battery from BMW dealer, so it is an original BMW parts, is that right?

tonight, I select No, and then everything was successfully registered.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 07:05 AM   #42
Bikie81
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 2008 320i

Thank you so much, this has to the best collection of BMW software\information on the web
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 01:20 PM   #43
Hary09
Rep
Drives: Bmw 316d 2010

RE:inpa broken link

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0K3R5 View Post
Added a working INPA that works on e90 N47 engines with no errors.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApTXN2OB77W_iZcf..._t3vg?e=E3RYRc
hi can i please have a link for bmw e90 or e89 inpa / ISTA link please

Many Thanks in Advance
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 06:30 PM   #44
J0K3R5
Lieutenant
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hary09 View Post