E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > San Francisco BMW SUCKS!!

10-21-2011, 08:04 AM   #67
90rr
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

I just saw your review on DR. don't get offended but why you recommending that dealer to other people?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 08:34 AM   #68
60av8tor
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 - Jet Black

[QUOTE=lkw15;10654218]Bummer, OP. I still will never understand why dealers do this kind of thing. At the end of the day is it really worth that extra couple hundred bucks they made by selling it to some sucker? If only one person on this forum decides to go elsewhere, they've already lost that money. When will they learn...? QUOTE]

Exactly my beef, and the overwhelming majority will not learn. It's a very difficult concept - delayed gratification - especially for the guy in the trenches who is counting on that sale to help pay the mortgage. It takes sound leadership to enforce solid principles and steer the ship. By no means a direct comparison, but similar context is the housing boom/money lending free for all in the beginning of the last decade. Companies were lending to people that in no possible way were 'safe bets' for the amounts being loaned. Caution be damned, ignore the little guy nagging your conscience - I wan't to make more! We're now feeling some of the side effects of that disregard for second and third order effects. People often blindly denounce the large sum that CEOs and top ranking officials make. While I TOTALLY agree most are grossly over-compensated, they are paid to be a giant brain, look into the future, and anticipate those 2nd and 3rd order effects. Unfortunately, as we've seen recently, many have lost sight of those responsibilities. However there are still shining examples of those who haven't - those that balance integrity and loyalty to employees and customers all while offering great products/services and building/maintaining a successful business and giving back to the community that made them what they are.

Holy shit - off my soap box. Obviously a subject that I'm very passionate about
      10-21-2011, 02:22 PM   #69
chromisdesigns
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon2168 View Post
Recently, I purchased a car from LA. I put the deposit over the phone and faxed over signed paper work. Flew in, took a taxi to the dealership and the car had a sold tag with my salemen's name already on it. This is how it should be done with all dealerships. If you make a deposit, they should hold the car for you giving you the first right's to buy it. Otherwise what's the point of a deposit?

Hopefully at the end you'll at least get back your air and taxi fare, which they should have done already.
Difference between you and the OP is that you did it the right way -- with signed paperwork and money up front. OP had neither.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 02:34 PM   #70
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335coupe2007 View Post
Bro call the better business bureau...and copy and paste that story in complaint. Go on the following website http://www.dealerrater.com/ . The BBB and the dealerater website is a BIG deal. ALOT of people go on those sites and the dealerships know that... my SA told me that her dealership looks at the comments on dealerrater BIG TIME and their rated on them.. so... Go on there and blast the a-holes for doing that. You didnt deserve that bullshit... im sorry bro.
interesting....i posted 3 reviews on that website 2 negatives and 1 positive 2 days ago.....positive review is there, negatives are not. and every dealership i look up in the area....if its "certified" then it has 4.5-5 starts.....

website looks like BS and getting a cut from "certified" dealerships....
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 03:14 PM   #71
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

I did not see any thing about the op putting a deposit down on the car, why did you not secure the car with CC so they could not sell it. Sounds like the op screwed up on this one.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 03:24 PM   #72
NYGMen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i

I dont know if I would blame the CA or the manager, the manager has to give the ok for any sale. I would keep bumping this thread..AND FORWARD THE LINK TO THEM DAILY... until they make you whole. Sorry for you bad experience.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 03:29 PM   #73
chazzz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Chrysler 300S

I'd suggest that you need to call San Francisco's local news, maybe they can help you by calling BMW of SF and convince them to get your money back.

CURRENT - 2018 Chrysler 300S, Crystal Granite Metallic.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 06:27 PM   #74
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335coupe2007 View Post
hey man- u might be right.. who knows. All i know is that my dealership looks at those very closely and there are many negatives on it that still shows and it is a certified.. so i dunno whats going on. however, it is weird that your negative comment was gone. hmm
they were not removed....they just never showed up. i obviously didnt use any bad words.....maybe will show up later....but positive is already there. maybe negatives get reviewed by stuff before posting...but as of right now i still dont see them
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 07:51 PM   #75
gnhm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 / F87 M2

Thanks everyone for the support. I have sent the link over to the dealership so I am sure they are monitoring it.

For the people saying I messed up by not leaving a deposit you might want to read more closely. I insisted several times to leave a deposit but Nyomi the SA said it wasn't necessary and that she was holding it for me. I genuinely believed her so I flew down there.
      10-21-2011, 08:05 PM   #76
J02 335i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

What a joke, exact reason why nobody trusts a car sales person. I have yet to meet an honest or knowledgable one and I'm on my 17th car.

Sport pack, JB3, Dci, factory oil cooler, 18" M3 reps, Michelin PSS, painted trim, black grills, smoked side markers, LED plate lights, H&R coils, Borla catback
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 09:10 PM   #77
psnt1ol
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

That sucks!!!!!! I will be seeing red for months if I was OP.

I bought my car from BMW of SF and here is my experience with them.

Sales Staff

OK but nothing extraordinary or memorable. Like most consumers after making a major purchase..... I walked away wondering if I got the best possible deal.

Service Department

Stellar!!!!! My SA "Jorma" took great care of me. Very knowledgeable, low key mannerism and professional attitude. You could tell he is a fellow enthusiast just by talking to him. Kept me in the loop through all phases of my service maintenance and repair. More communications from him in one visit than any other dealerships that I can recall ( ranging from Ford, Nissan, Toyota, Accura, and Lexus).

SA like Jorma will be the only reason I will buy my next car from them.
      10-22-2011, 12:55 AM   #78
firstbimmer
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 e92 M3 & '15 f15 X5 35i x

Went into the dealership once to get service on a window issue I was having while in the city. They treated me like crap.

Went back to my regular dealer and was amazed at the night and day difference!

Given the number of BMW dealers I drive by on a daily basis during my work commute, I say BMW of SF would be my last choice.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 07:51 AM   #79
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

should have thrown down a deposit bro - that sucks though
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 08:18 AM   #80
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep
Drives: 335ix

I am baffled by the amount of people that believe that a deposit (without an agreement signed by both parties) is actually going to do anything.

When dealing with a "less than honest" dealer, all that would mean is that he is out not only his airgare and tavi, but they would probably also be holding his deposit hostage.

Like I've said before - up until the time of a properly signed agreement, the only value of a deposit is as a psycholgical tool to bind you closer to the purchase.
A deposit merely signals "I'm really interested" but until you have a signed piece of paper in your hot little hand that says "we'll hold the car for you" then there is no legally binding agreement on their part.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 11:30 AM   #81
xjarhed
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

"Really?" That is a lame move on their part. The people who bought your car must have accepted the first pencil. Unacceptable!
      10-22-2011, 01:45 PM   #82
michaelthepsycho
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 11 Montego Blue E90 335i Step

Similar thing happened with an Audi dealer in Riverside. Sold the car that we had the sales contract printed out on... I don't hold it against them, though. Business is just business.