E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > bmw inpa install guide

01-30-2019, 04:08 AM   #1
Steven66
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Post bmw inpa install guide

hello guys, I just found a post that says how to install the bmw inpa software step by step. I think it can help brothers who don't know how to install the software like me. Here is the link:
http://blog.vxdas.com/inpa-bmw-software-download/
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 04:22 AM   #2
bluewater328
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 bluewater 328i LCI sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven66 View Post
hello guys, I just found a post that says how to install the bmw inpa software step by step. I think it can help brothers who don't know how to install the software like me. Here is the link:
http://blog.vxdas.com/inpa-bmw-software-download/
So sir spam-a-lot-after-joining....sigh

Don't give this guy attention and just install Bimmergeeks version as its the easiest and they're not looking for subscribers...

Act now and you'll even get the rest of the BMWtools suite for free! Nobody but a Megadownloads site is standing by....
Appreciate 1
      02-08-2019, 12:24 PM   #3
Pinscher
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewater328 View Post

Don't give this guy attention and just install Bimmergeeks version as its the easiest and they're not looking for subscribers...

Act now and you'll even get the rest of the BMWtools suite for free! Nobody but a Megadownloads site is standing by....
Bimmergeeks just offers the software, and don't have and instructions on how to use or install the tools.

Took me 3 hours of trying different instructions just to get the whole software suite working.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2019, 08:18 PM   #4
bluewater328
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinscher View Post
Quote:

Bimmergeeks just offers the software, and don't have and instructions on how to use or install the tools.

Took me 3 hours of trying different instructions just to get the whole software suite working.
wut? https://www.bimmergeeks.net/store

Install instructions are in the download files, so I have no idea what you are talking about. Tool usage is all over this forum and Youtube.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2019, 05:35 PM   #5
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LMB 335is

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Quote:

You need to try a little harder. Pic of the BG Standard Tools zip, unzipped.
Attached Images

02-11-2019, 01:54 PM   #6
Pinscher
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Install instructions are in the download files, so I have no idea what you are talking about. Tool usage is all over this forum and Youtube.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMB335IS View Post
lol, ya so I'm implying that once "installed" the programs actually function with your car, which isn't the case.

You have to get the daten files, and figure out how to load those in along with a bunch of other jargon to make the magic happen and the software know how to communicate with your specific vehicle.

None of those install instructions are provided and the both of you would know that if you had done it your self.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 02:04 PM   #7
bluewater328
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
lol, ya so I'm implying that once "installed" the programs actually funciton with your cat, which isn't the case.

You have to get the daten files, and figure out how to load those in along with a bunch of other jargin to make the magic happen and the software know how to communicate with your sepcific vehicle.

None of those install instructoins are provided and the both of you would know that if you had done it your self.
Really....

Would you like to see a screenshot of a working copies of BG Tools: INPA, NCS Expert, WinKFP, Tool32, Coding tool (here's a big hint you should associate this particular one with DATENs). Use Coding tool "Select SP-source" and "Update SP-daten". If you installed properly, that's all you need.

I recommend that BG version because that's the very one I used and it's working on an XP and a Win10 machine.

Reading here I've updated DATEN files, coded my VO, radio, lights, alerts, DISA tested, as well as did a 3-stage conversion. Heck I asked the question myself on half those threads.

All this info is readily on this site.
Appreciate 1
LMB335IS1295.00
      02-11-2019, 02:48 PM   #8
joeinsd
Captain
Rep
Drives: Stock 2010 e92 335i M Sport

02-11-2019, 03:31 PM   #9
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Quote:
lol, ya so I'm implying that once "installed" the programs actually function with your car, which isn't the case.

You have to get the daten files, and figure out how to load those in along with a bunch of other jargon to make the magic happen and the software know how to communicate with your specific vehicle.

None of those install instructions are provided and the both of you would know that if you had done it your self.
Lol, now I'm having a hard time even taking you seriously. I've installed it on dozens of laptops, in person and remotely, then used the software for everything and anything. You don't need the daten files unless you plan on using Winkfp for flashing. Once unzipped, I can have it installed and functional in about 10 minutes, 15 if it's a old, slow laptop. This isn't some new shit that just came out, it's been around for at least 10-12 yrs in the public domain. It's free software for fuck's sake. If you want spoon fed, pay someone to do it for you.

There's literally hundreds of install and use tutorials out there. If it's over your head, find someone that knows what they're doing and step off.
      02-11-2019, 07:32 PM   #10
Pinscher
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Lol, now I'm having a hard time even taking you seriously. I've installed it on dozens of laptops, in person and remotely, then used the software for everything and anything. You don't need the daten files unless you plan on using Winkfp for flashing. Once unzipped, I can have it installed and functional in about 10 minutes, 15 if it's a old, slow laptop. This isn't some new shit that just came out, it's been around for at least 10-12 yrs in the public domain. It's free software for fuck's sake. If you want spoon fed, pay someone to do it for you.

There's literally hundreds of install and use tutorials out there. If it's over your head, find someone that knows what they're doing and step off.
We all know youR first time around setting the stuff up wasn't childs play either so why pretend that it was. Knowing which files to load and where isn't straight forward in the least.

keep tooting your whistle byh al means and thanks for the major attitude.
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2019, 08:52 PM   #11
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Quote:
Quote:

We all know youR first time around setting the stuff up wasn't childs play either so why pretend that it was. Knowing which files to load and where isn't straight forward in the least.

keep tooting your whistle byh al means and thanks for the major attitude.
Then apparently I'm quite a bit more intelligent than you since I managed to do this 5 or 6 years ago with far less developed or install friendly software pkgs, in less than a day and have it fully functional.

Sweet baby Jesus, you need to copy and paste three folders, NCS, EC-APPS, and EDIABAS to the C Drive, three files to Windows/syswow64, and register them with command prompt exactly as it shows in the directions. You don't need to think, there's nothing you need to do but follow the simple directions. And yes, even challenged individuals manage to do this on their first try in under a day because it is so simplified at this point.
Stay in your lane bro.
de Witt18.00
      02-12-2019, 03:35 PM   #12
Pinscher
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Then apparently I'm quite a bit more intelligent than you since I managed to do this 5 or 6 years ago with far less developed or install friendly software pkgs, in less than a day and have it fully functional.

Sweet baby Jesus, you need to copy and paste three folders, NCS, EC-APPS, and EDIABAS to the C Drive, three files to Windows/syswow64, and register them with command prompt exactly as it shows in the directions. You don't need to think, there's nothing you need to do but follow the simple directions. And yes, even challenged individuals manage to do this on their first try in under a day because it is so simplified at this point.
Stay in your lane bro.

You're simply over simplifying the process of getting the software to work with the car. Yes, The installing of the applications is as straight forward as any other pirated software, but the rest isn't straight forward.

Getting datens in place, installed and configuring the software to speak to your car is far from straight forward. Even the fact that the files don't list E90, but as E89 isn't clear to new users.

It's clear you're more into trolling people that actually being helpful which make me wonder why you're even posting on a threat about install instructions in the first place. It's just destructive.

I agree, you are clearly the more intelligent person...after all, you had a BMW first and a need to get the software set up than someone who has just come across it presently. *slow clap*

Are you done? Can we close this thread now?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 08:02 PM   #13
DylanTs
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 330i e90

Cool!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 06:13 PM   #14
badapl
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 428 , 2011 BMW 328 ,

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [0.00]
2014 BMW 428i   [0.00]
update via remote install

Quote:

What would you charge to remotely install? Honestly a little confused and don't have a ton of time to do it myself. Trying to help a friend on his PC just dont want to mess it up.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 06:54 PM   #15
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by badapl View Post
Quote:

What would you charge to remotely install? Honestly a little confused and don't have a ton of time to do it myself. Trying to help a friend on his PC just dont want to mess it up.
PM me
      09-07-2019, 04:54 PM   #16
CycleVIN
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i w/ iDrive

If a picture is worth a thousand words, a video has got to be worth a million. Here is a step by step D.I.Y how to video showing the way I installed INPA and the BimmerGeeks Standard Tools suite on my Windows 10 (64 bit) Laptop. You can thank me later:

Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 10:57 AM   #17
JBPBeast
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Xdrive

I can't seem to get much straight when it comes to all this, I tried many moons ago with no success and now I'm getting ready to try again. BG's tool suite or whatever is a dead link for me. Not sure if someone can direct me to current versions for Windows 7.

I've found it easy to get confused reading threads and watching vids because it's hard to nail down a basic walkthrough. Or at least that's been my experience thus far. Mind you I don't get a ton of time to go at these things.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 11:40 AM   #18
coxster
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 Alpineweiss 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycleVIN View Post
If a picture is worth a thousand words, a video has got to be worth a million. Here is a step by step D.I.Y how to video showing the way I installed INPA and the BimmerGeeks Standard Tools suite on my Windows 10 (64 bit) Laptop. You can thank me later:

Why isn't this the top google search result? Thanks CycleVIN!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 09:50 AM   #19
edirty6
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 97 318ti(M52)&09 328i(N51)

Quote:
PM me
im gonna PM you if your services are available still my friend. once i unlock the ability to pm that is...
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 04:17 AM   #20
L3GeNDaRY
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 320d

i have question does anyone by chance have a guide on how to update software on my cas and dde
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 10:42 AM   #21
Dirty Jim
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i, LS400, LC100

Bookmarked. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 02:22 PM   #22
PatriciaPetterson
Registered
Rep