E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Battery still good?

08-11-2018, 11:18 AM   #1
capun
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Battery still good?

Hello

I have a 2006 330i, I am leaving the car outside the garage due to the possible fire recall.

Yesterday it got very hot, over 100F. For some reason the automatic lights did not turn off (probably a different issue), they were on for about 7 hours.

When I tried to turn on the igniton, it did not work. I had AAA jump start the car (when thing go bad, they do it batches, my large jump starter is dead).

I drove the car for a bit to recharge the battery, turned off and on and it was working.

Today I went through a couple of on/off cycles running errands.

There is no battery warning light at all, I don't remember when I had the battery replaced.

So here's the question. Is the battery dead or going dead or it was just the battery drained due to the lights.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 09:41 AM   #2
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Drained due to lights, but EVERY BMW turns off the headlights and parking lights if the switch is set to full on, or in the Auto position. You must have had the switch set to parking mode.

And, what fire recall are you worried about?
Appreciate 0