E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > ***CarKing***

05-02-2008, 12:47 PM   #1
phatr1s
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2007 335i  [0.00]
2007 335i  [0.00]
Thumbs down ***CarKing***

Hi guys,

I just want to share my experience with Brad/Carking.
I had order the Hartge lip from Brad last month, then he sent me an email with the tracking number, at this point, I was very happy with his services, a week passed by and I got another email where he explained to me the box where the lip was in, it was returned by the shipping carrier because of the size, at this point I thought that he shipped plenty of this lips in boxes before why is a problem now, the next day I got an email that it will take him 3 more days to find a shipping company, a said find I just want to get the Fu*&%^ lip, finally the lip arrived on Monday of this week, it was wrap with plastic and bubble wrap with no box, I then proceed to removed the plastic and when I finally got in to the lip to my surprise the paint was crack in 4 different places, I mean big cracks.
I contact Brad and he was responding all my emails, I sent him pictures of the cracks and he offer me a refund for the cost of the paint, I told him that I will have to check with a body shop to see how much they will charge me, I had a quote of $390.00 to removed the existing paint an repaint it again, I sent an email to Brad asking him for a full refund since it is more expensive to re-paint this lip, I have not heard from him since Monday, I think that he had plenty of time to respond to my emails, today is Friday and nothing.
I just want you to be aware of this if you do business with him, I had open a dispute already, I hope that he will contact me and return the money.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 12:52 PM   #2
Kitz
Major
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: ex BMW

repainting for $390? it cost more than the lip itself? it usually runs for $150-$200 depending on the quality..
      05-02-2008, 01:05 PM   #3
phatr1s
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2007 335i  [0.00]
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitz View Post
repainting for $390? it cost more than the lip itself? it usually runs for $150-$200 depending on the quality..
Because of the paint cracks in different areas on the lip, they will have to removed the entire paint and re-paint it again, they can not just paint the crack areas.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 01:27 PM   #4
LOLrance
The Law.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatr1s View Post
Because of the paint cracks in different areas on the lip, they will have to removed the entire paint and re-paint it again, they can not just paint the crack areas.
umm, im not sure if you know how painting works but even if you are just repainting, you still have to remove the old paint before you repaint. Its not like just because you have paint cracks in some areas that its any harder to repaint then an already painted piece. Seems like the shop is just giving you some BS excuse.

General rule of thumb is its about $150 give or take a few dollars to paint a piece. FWIW, my vorsteiner lip had cracks on the actual piece and the clear coat was scratched up like hell and it only cost me $175 to paint AND repair it to look brand new. i say you go find another shop.
      05-02-2008, 01:54 PM   #5
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
you do know that painting for him is not the same as painting for you. its much cheaper to paint it in taiwan than in the states... lol. if anything i dont think hes obligated to pay for the painting. perhaps a full refund... in any case brad has always been very fair.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 02:05 PM   #6
Kit523
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F80 M3/FK8/C63S

Quote:
Originally Posted by l4wr3nc3 View Post
umm, im not sure if you know how painting works but even if you are just repainting, you still have to remove the old paint before you repaint. Its not like just because you have paint cracks in some areas that its any harder to repaint then an already painted piece. Seems like the shop is just giving you some BS excuse.

General rule of thumb is its about $150 give or take a few dollars to paint a piece. FWIW, my vorsteiner lip had cracks on the actual piece and the clear coat was scratched up like hell and it only cost me $175 to paint AND repair it to look brand new. i say you go find another shop.
well the cost is around right
i got many quotes in canada here
to remove the old paint and repainting it cost around 250-350
i dunno about us but in canada they cost around that much
coz sanding the old paint takes lots of time....
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 02:27 PM   #7
LOLrance
The Law.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
you do know that painting for him is not the same as painting for you. its much cheaper to paint it in taiwan than in the states... lol. if anything i dont think hes obligated to pay for the painting. perhaps a full refund... in any case brad has always been very fair.
im not sure if this post is directed towards me but either way, im not in taiwan
      05-02-2008, 02:44 PM   #8
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
painting something already painted is always going to cost more.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 03:06 PM   #9
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by l4wr3nc3 View Post
im not sure if this post is directed towards me but either way, im not in taiwan
brad is in taiwan if you know who carking is... and where he's from...

what im saying is if theres no way hes going to make a profit out of this, he is not going to give you money to pay for painting when it costs him less to paint it. if anything he'll issue a refund... cause it would be ridiculous for him to give the guy some 300 bucks to repaint it.

but yeah its funny how the shipping company sent it back to him... thats pretty odd when he probably sells a bunch of them and uses the same type of boxes

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 03:39 PM   #10
sfcu
Rep
Drives: 07 335i Coupe Sil/gray

I bought a Hartge lip spoiler for $299 painted from Brad and it came within a week. It was perfect. no issues at all. Sorry to hear that.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 04:15 PM   #11
triton.
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Honda Fit

Garage List
2009 FIT  [2.00]
Man you guys are lucky. Painting around me is really expensive. It would cost at least $400 around here to strip it down and repaint around here.

My E90 OEM Front/Side Bumpers for Sale -Here
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 05:42 PM   #12
phatr1s
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2007 335i  [0.00]
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit523 View Post
well the cost is around right
i got many quotes in canada here
to remove the old paint and repainting it cost around 250-350
i dunno about us but in canada they cost around that much
coz sanding the old paint takes lots of time....
That's exactly why they quote me that price, the owner told me that sanding the old paint it will take a while and then re-paint the lip.
I'm just telling what happen to me and I hope that Brad will give me a full refund, that's what I want.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 05:50 PM   #13
phatr1s
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2007 335i  [0.00]
2007 335i  [0.00]
One more thing, the owner of the body shop was very impressed with the quality of the paint and he did not understand why the paint crack.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 06:33 PM   #14
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
my personal experience with the lip is that its gonna get jacked up not matter what! understandably you should receive a product free of any defects but i suggest just touching up the cracks and take a partial refund from the seller and all goes happy...i dont know how other members can prevent the lip from getting roughed up with rock chips, dirt, cracks and bugs, but mine was really really bad after 3 months of use....
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 07:05 PM   #15
Soni
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Just a car

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [9.00]
I had a paint crack on my m3 trunk spoiler, the shop charged me $80 total..to sand down the old paint, reprime, and repaint. So I think you should find other body shop!!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 07:56 PM   #16
///sniper
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F30 [AW/Coral Red]

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatr1s View Post
That's exactly why they quote me that price, the owner told me that sanding the old paint it will take a while and then re-paint the lip.
I'm just telling what happen to me and I hope that Brad will give me a full refund, that's what I want.
He's lying and wants to take you for as much as money as he can. It's business so it's understandable why he'd do so...

Post some pics of the damage. If it's real bad, you can most likely sand it yourself and have it painted for $100-$150...
      05-03-2008, 01:04 AM   #17
Kit523
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F80 M3/FK8/C63S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///sniper View Post
He's lying and wants to take you for as much as money as he can. It's business so it's understandable why he'd do so...

Post some pics of the damage. If it's real bad, you can most likely sand it yourself and have it painted for $100-$150...
dude sanding a primed part takes time....*remember u need to sand it right, and sand it till all the paint are gone....*
he only got a small crack that is why it takes even more time to sand,,,,
painting a new lip is cheaper....
the most expensive part is sanding it....

think this way....
if u bought a BRAND NEW item from someone
it came with cracked paint....will u waste ur time to sand all the paint off*the hartge lip is so freaken big, so it will take longer* and ask someone to repaint it?

to the OP i don't think he will refund u the price for repainting it....
coz the repainting job is actually cause as much as the actual lip
if i were u i will ask him to refund the org paint price and get some touch up paint and touch it up urself man...
save the trouble....at least u get sth back....instead of getting nothing back...
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2008, 03:56 AM   #18
carking
Banned
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 320i

First, full refund has been made.

Second, we fully refunded to this buyer is not because he posting bad things about us. We refunded him because we "know" he is asking full refund.

During this case, we sent mail to him after we know the paint cracked during the delivery. We wanna know if he needs replacement or refund. yet no reply. then 2 days later we found dispute in paypal.

I have to apologize for not replying all the pm very soon because I am the only sales handle business overseas in our company. And we only have one selling thread here so I belive there would be no many things going to be handle here. However, as long as I receive request from forum members, we do it without any hesitation. If there is any one, any, not happy with our product and we didn't do anything about it, plz let me now.

I also wanna clarify the replacement issue about the E92 Aero front lip here.
The mold is done and we send all the replaement to the paint shop for the paint job. We are waiting for it and will start sending the replacement from Next Monday. We appreciate all the members who are still willing take this front lip. We feel very happy that we can still do business with you guys.

We will handly this well. Like what I said, we won't take your money and run away. that's not our style. We are business people, we are not liar.

We are considering leaving this forum for a period of time because we really don't have enough ppl to help me handle pm and other things on this forum. I am so tired because there is only me can do this in our office and I still need to take care of the trading order. I wanna focus on our trading business in the near future.

Selling items here is a very interesting experience. ppl here are more willing to test new items and I met many good friends here. to be honest, the profit of selling items on eBay is much better than selling items here because you guys are too good at bargaining. in every transaction, more or less, we offer you discount and that's why my boss ask why the price on e90post is so low everytime.

however, our eBay store will be there for you. as long as you send me message and state that you are forum member, I will give you discount.

Brad/CarKing Tuning
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2008, 08:26 AM   #19
yamazaho
Wang D.D.S.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 14' WRX, 15' W205

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.76]
+1 on finding yourself another bodyshop dude. I had my AW OEM front bumper sent to the only BMW dealer authorized bodyshop for repaint (to remove several scratches and one small crack) for $350 here in New Orleans.

I understand that people really want their products ASAP for there bimmers, but I really think the OP really should give carking some MORE time for response. A 4 days delay is seriously not a big deal. Carking has been on the forum for quit sometimes and Brad is not known for ultrafast replies. Honestly, posting this thread here when the seller had refunded the money make you look like a little whinnying kid. In the end, you have got a FREE defected product which can still be repaired as good as new. I think this issue can really be done through PMs and not through another whole new thread.

Believe me, I am mostly on the victims' sides whenever there are issues that come up with the sellers, but this time I really think the OP ought to be more patient. I am glad to see you got your money and hopefully you will have better luck with the next seller you come across.

Last edited by yamazaho; 05-03-2008 at 08:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2008, 09:27 AM   #20
jumpingjz
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i Coupe

Glad you came in and explained, please don't leave until you came out with a luma roof spoiler rp or M3 side skirt rep please lol

JZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by carking View Post
First, full refund has been made.

Second, we fully refunded to this buyer is not because he posting bad things about us. We refunded him because we "know" he is asking full refund.

During this case, we sent mail to him after we know the paint cracked during the delivery. We wanna know if he needs replacement or refund. yet no reply. then 2 days later we found dispute in paypal.

I have to apologize for not replying all the pm very soon because I am the only sales handle business overseas in our company. And we only have one selling thread here so I belive there would be no many things going to be handle here. However, as long as I receive request from forum members, we do it without any hesitation. If there is any one, any, not happy with our product and we didn't do anything about it, plz let me now.

I also wanna clarify the replacement issue about the E92 Aero front lip here.
The mold is done and we send all the replaement to the paint shop for the paint job. We are waiting for it and will start sending the replacement from Next Monday. We appreciate all the members who are still willing take this front lip. We feel very happy that we can still do business with you guys.

We will handly this well. Like what I said, we won't take your money and run away. that's not our style. We are business people, we are not liar.

We are considering leaving this forum for a period of time because we really don't have enough ppl to help me handle pm and other things on this forum. I am so tired because there is only me can do this in our office and I still need to take care of the trading order. I wanna focus on our trading business in the near future.

Selling items here is a very interesting experience. ppl here are more willing to test new items and I met many good friends here. to be honest, the profit of selling items on eBay is much better than selling items here because you guys are too good at bargaining. in every transaction, more or less, we offer you discount and that's why my boss ask why the price on e90post is so low everytime.

however, our eBay store will be there for you. as long as you send me message and state that you are forum member, I will give you discount.

Brad/CarKing Tuning
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2008, 09:51 AM   #21
ZuerstBMW
¡Viva España!
Rep
Drives: 2023 230i Mineral White

Brad is a VERY busy man. He has never left anyone that I know of in an unhappy situation. He always trys his best to make things right. I know as a seller (on Ebay) that it is impossible to make everyone happy in this world.
He trys. He is a good guy, not like some sellers on here that ran off with our money never to be heard of again.
Thanks for offering your products on here Brad.
      05-03-2008, 09:58 AM   #22
MyE92
El Presidente
United_States
Rep
Drives: your mom wild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjz View Post
Glad you came in and explained, please don't leave until you came out with a luma roof spoiler rp or M3 side skirt rep please lol

JZ
haha +1 on the M3 side skirts....
Appreciate 0