Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > ITM copy TPMS voided my warranty!!!

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

02-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #23
Kalidian
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW '09 E90 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Flyn View Post
Yep:
-new receiver
-new sensors
-programming
-labor
-mount balance(sensor install)
Including parts and labour all that should come out to about half of what you paid AT MOST. And even then it'd still be a huge ripoff.

Since you paid already there's not much else to be done except call BMWNA and at least try to get your warranty reinstated. Also yea like previous post said acquire the "fried" parts from those guys. If they refuse to hand them over I swear to god call a lawyer.

And of course find yourself a new dealer. This experience sounds worse than buying from ebay and craigslist crooks.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 11:57 AM   #24
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeerfield View Post
i have the TR TPMS sensors as well with no issues.
Just to clear up any possible confusion among those reading this thread.

The OP does not have "TR" sensors. TireRack only sells original BMW TPMS sensors.

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #25
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalidian View Post
So not using their "OE" tpm sensors has somehow voided warranty coverage on ALL electronics in your car? Sounds like your stealership is feeding you a gigantic crock of steaming bs.
The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975 protects consumers from having their warranty "voided" in this manner.

Read up :

http://www.impalaclub.com/naisso/magmoss.htm

Now if the OP willingly paid the dealership a bunch of money to "fix" a problem caused by aftermarket TPMS sensors... that is another story.

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 12:08 PM   #26
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 G01 X3M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary@TireRack View Post
Just to clear up any possible confusion among those reading this thread.

The OP does not have "TR" sensors. TireRack only sells original BMW TPMS sensors.
Sorry about that Gary. I didnt realize the ones i purchased from you are OE BMW
      02-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #27
romanonj
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 DCT

Quote:
The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975 protects consumers from having their warranty "voided" in this manner.

Read up :

Now if the OP willingly paid the dealership a bunch of money to "fix" a problem caused by aftermarket TPMS sensors... that is another story.
Your dealership cannot VOID warranty, this is the law I was referring to in my earlier post. Unless they can prove in court that your modification caused component failure, then the repair is not covered. However, your warranty remains in tact!!!!
2011 e92 335is 2007 X3 122k miles 2006 e90 330i 132k miles
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 03:43 PM   #28
Kalidian
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW '09 E90 328xi

Quote:

Read up :

Ah great that this is actually codified law - OP should definitely print that out and make his stealership eat it.

And I need to find the Canadian version for personal future reference.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #29
tofu-
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i Jet Black/Coral Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanonj View Post
Your dealership cannot VOID warranty, this is the law I was referring to in my earlier post. Unless they can prove in court that your modification caused component failure, then the repair is not covered. However, your warranty remains in tact!!!!
this is brought up a lot, but in the real world they can generally do what they want.

godspeed taking them to court.
Appreciate 0