E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > 335i Down Pipes

02-08-2017, 01:13 PM   #1
BMW Steve
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 535D & e93 335i Highline

335i Down Pipes

Bit of a "Advise / Tech Question regarding my e93 335i

I Get the car back tomorrow after having the performance mods all fitted and the repairs carried out,

I got the phone call to say it was all done, New Fan Shroud, New Turbo Boost Pipe, new Intercooler, New Catless Down Pipes, New charge pipe and induction kit although the 2 cone filters are being removed very soon for some thing better.

I popped in this evening to have a look and I turned the car over, she sounds a lot better and you can hear the boost or turbo spooling through the back end.

Now the main thing is, at the moment there are no errors on the dash apart from the service light and that go's away after turning the engine over,

NOW do I need to code some thing out or turn some thing off or if I take it for a run (Doing that tomorrow evening) then will I find I have some error come up on my dash, I am looking at getting it mapped but not yet, I was going to run the car with the mods first and then get it mapped at a later date.

I am still learning about this car so any help / advise will be received gratefully

Steve

Last edited by BMW Steve; 02-08-2017 at 01:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2017, 03:31 AM   #2
john81uk2
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i e92 DCT M-Sport High-line

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Steve View Post
Bit of a "Advise / Tech Question regarding my e93 335i

I Get the car back tomorrow after having the performance mods all fitted and the repairs carried out,

I got the phone call to say it was all done, New Fan Shroud, New Turbo Boost Pipe, new Intercooler, New Catless Down Pipes, New charge pipe and induction kit although the 2 cone filters are being removed very soon for some thing better.

I popped in this evening to have a look and I turned the car over, she sounds a lot better and you can hear the boost or turbo spooling through the back end.

Now the main thing is, at the moment there are no errors on the dash apart from the service light and that go's away after turning the engine over,

NOW do I need to code some thing out or turn some thing off or if I take it for a run (Doing that tomorrow evening) then will I find I have some error come up on my dash, I am looking at getting it mapped but not yet, I was going to run the car with the mods first and then get it mapped at a later date.

I am still learning about this car so any help / advise will be received gratefully

Steve
Read the errors if you can. If you had decat down pipes fitted you will find you may get error codes caused by the o2 sensors. These can be removed by either getting an o2 emulator fix or getting remapped where that error code is disabled.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2017, 06:32 AM   #3
AndyS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i touring pre lci.

I have a brand new unused o2 emulator and £40 would make it yours if you need it.
E91 335i. 220 wheels. Active Autowerkes intercooler. Custom Performance Engineering charge pipe. Tial bov. Bms dci. Bilstein b14 coilovers. Roof rail delete. Secondary cat delete. Custom remap. 420 bhp

Last edited by AndyS; 02-25-2017 at 06:34 AM.. Reason: Misprint
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 02:43 AM   #4
BMW Steve
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by john81uk2 View Post
Read the errors if you can. If you had decat down pipes fitted you will find you may get error codes caused by the o2 sensors. These can be removed by either getting an o2 emulator fix or getting remapped where that error code is disabled.

Thanks John, the car has now been mapped, I now need to replace a lambda sensor, that being done today. Then its going back to get re mapped as the faulty sensor was causing a slight fuelling issue and a lumpy idle and I will ask him if the error code was read and then disabled. I think it was as he knows his stuff
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 02:44 AM   #5
BMW Steve
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
I have a brand new unused o2 emulator and £40 would make it yours if you need it.
Hi Andy, have you a picture of this, I think one was supplied with the catless down pipe's I purchased and I need to go back and check the box to see if it's still there
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 09:10 AM   #6
AndyS
Private First Class
Rep

If you let me know your email I'll send you a picture. I'm a bit rubbish with this sort of thing and I can't figure out how to post images here. I bought it with some downpipes but decided to go a different route.
E91 335i. 220 wheels. Active Autowerkes intercooler. Custom Performance Engineering charge pipe. Tial bov. Bms dci. Bilstein b14 coilovers. Roof rail delete. Secondary cat delete. Custom remap. 420 bhp
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 10:58 AM   #7
BMW Steve
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
If you let me know your email I'll send you a picture. I'm a bit rubbish with this sort of thing and I can't figure out how to post images here. I bought it with some downpipes but decided to go a different route.
PM you my email ,,, Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 11:11 AM   #8
AndyS
Private First Class
Rep

Email sent. Cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2017, 04:10 AM   #9
BMW Steve
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Email sent. Cheers
Andy, thanks for the photo, I wouldn't know how to wire that thing so its a good job its had a map to iron out that particular problem.

But there must be others carrying out the same mod so its available, PM AndyS if your interested.
Attached Images

Last edited by BMW Steve; 02-28-2017 at 04:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2017, 01:41 AM   #10
AndyS
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks for the picture and the ad Steve.
Appreciate 0