E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest > The IOWA thread

10-31-2008, 10:24 PM   #155
RuSport
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prez View Post
I slid through the muddy apex of 4 sideways and went off at 15 a good distance in the midfield. I went out way to wide got caught on tractionless rumble strips which got things loose.

Wasn't a good morning for me. Afternoon was great though.

Tomorrow I try and tackle muddy headliner.
I was going to guess the exit of 4, but I am not sure what 'went off at 15' means. Last time I was at MAM there were only 14 turns. Bummer about having to clean the INSIDE of your car.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2008, 12:01 AM   #156
Prez
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a few

Appreciate 0
      11-01-2008, 09:06 AM   #157
RuSport
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prez View Post
Oh wow, oppps...there is a turn 15. Never knew that.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 07:55 PM   #158
WERND
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92

"Well, I don't think I ... he did a great job. Thank God he didn't get in my way or we didn't collide. So a big thank you to him for staying out of the way," the McLaren driver said.
Guess that's what Tony doesn't like...
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 08:03 PM   #159
WERND
Captain
Rep

29 March Australia
5 April Malaysia
19 April China
26 April Bahrain
10 May Spain
24 May Monaco
7 June Turkey
21 June Great Britain
12 July Germany
26 July Hungary
23 August Europe (Valencia)
30 August Belgium
13 September Italy
27 September Singapore
4 October Japan
18 October Brazil
1 November Abu Dhabi

just posting so we have it
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 08:28 PM   #160
WERND
Captain
Rep

$913 to Munich during the Bahrain GP. If the dollar comes back on the Euro I might have to go for a week. That would be a noon race in Maranello so many cars would be out for it.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2008, 11:02 AM   #161
ando
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: i5 eDr40, G80 and F80

Garage List
2024 BMW i5 eDr40  [10.00]
2022 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
first f1 race

I went to my first f1 race sept14 at monza. It was a good experience except for the rain and the bad location for the voucher to ticket exchange by Grand Prix Tickets. Any live races for you?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2008, 06:30 PM   #162
WERND
Captain
Rep

Sadly not this year since the USGP is no more. Bernie is a dickhead so there won't be a Canadian GP next year to attend either. I think if the dollar gains on the euro I might just go for a weekend to see a race next year.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2008, 06:32 PM   #163
WERND
Captain
Rep

I'm very jealous BTW that you were at the Italian GP. Why that one? And what's with the proof being a picture of Hamilton on Monza? LOL
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2008, 09:10 PM   #164
Another White Car
Rep
Drives: BMW 330Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by ando View Post
I went to my first f1 race sept14 at monza. It was a good experience except for the rain and the bad location for the voucher to ticket exchange by Grand Prix Tickets. Any live races for you?
Many of the Iowa guys have been to several of the races, although only on this continent.

And I agree that Bernie is a dickhead!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2008, 08:23 AM   #165
WERND
Captain
Rep

Nobody has anything to say?

Looks like the STl chapter might not have their school the same weekend as ours next year. That would be cool as I thought that they were all pretty fun to hangout with, and Gateways not too bad to drive.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2008, 10:05 PM   #166
WERND
Captain
Rep

Veyron was finally on Topgear! Gotta say that it did not look all that special going around the track. However the new Pagani looked freakin awesome!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2008, 09:26 AM   #167
Prez
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a few

It's not GTR.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2008, 09:31 AM   #168
flukey
Go big or go home!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi

I get my car back soon guys! Don't know if any of you guys knew, but if you look at my thread history I wrecked my baby back in July! I'm getting it back in the next couple weeks (just in time for winter bleh...) with some new additions

- Vorsteiner Single Sided CF Hood
- Euro AHL Bi-Xenons
- FULL OEM Glossy Shadowline trim (including mirrors)
- Gold Powder-Coated 18x8.5 Rota Torques
- Rear H&R Sway
- OEM M3 Front Strut Bar
- Full OEM M-Tech kit with Splitters and Spoiler

We should do a meet sometime soon or something!
      11-25-2008, 05:02 PM   #169
WERND
Captain
Rep

Where in Iowa are you? The club has regular monthly socials.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2008, 06:13 PM   #170
flukey
Go big or go home!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi

I live in Iowa City! Where are the socials usually held?
      11-28-2008, 07:51 AM   #171
WERND
Captain
Rep

des moines
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2008, 03:44 PM   #172
WERND
Captain
Rep

SOOOOO going back

The ‘Photo Simulator' is an entertaining service dedicated to all those who experienced the Formula 1 Simulator at the Ferrari Store in Milan.

As soon as this feature will be available, just insert the code you received at the Ferrari Store in Milan and you will see the images showing you in a real Formula 1 car.

Then, all you have to do is decide whether to print and order the photo that you like, having first chosen the number of copies and the size.

Check this feature back!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 09:24 PM   #173
RuSport
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERND View Post
SOOOOO going back

The ‘Photo Simulator' is an entertaining service dedicated to all those who experienced the Formula 1 Simulator at the Ferrari Store in Milan.

As soon as this feature will be available, just insert the code you received at the Ferrari Store in Milan and you will see the images showing you in a real Formula 1 car.

Then, all you have to do is decide whether to print and order the photo that you like, having first chosen the number of copies and the size.

Check this feature back!
Ooooh, I hope Las Vegas Ferrari Store has this...going back in January.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2008, 08:53 AM   #174
Another White Car
Rep

WOW----BIG NEWS ALL!!

Formula One world has been turned upside down by Honda's decision to pull out of the sport effective immediately.

Efforts are being made to find an outside buyer for the team as a going concern. In effect, Honda is willing to give it away--as Ford did with the Jaguar team in 2004--as long as the new owner has blue-chip backing and can guarantee that it can cover future operating costs.

The Honda decision happened very quickly in the course of this week, and was confirmed at a press conference in Tokyo on Friday morning.

Like other motor manufacturers, Honda has been forced to make cuts in all areas, but it was regarded as the least likely to quit the sport. Honda's involvement stretches, on and off, back to 1964. The company has always used F1, not just for marketing purposes, but for genuine engineering reasons as well.

Company president Takeo Fukui said: "Honda must protect its core business activities and secure the long term as widespread uncertainties in the economics around the globe continue to mount. We will enter into consultation with associates of Honda Racing F1 and its engine supplier Honda Racing Development regarding the future of the two companies. This will include offering the team for sale."

Honda had two disastrous seasons in 2006 and 2007, coinciding with its eco-friendly "Earth dreams" campaign. The cars ran without any overt Honda identification, leading skeptics to wonder just what the company was gaining from the arrangement.

The lack of sponsors was obvious, but recently the team signed a $20-million-a-year deal with Brazilian petroleum company Petrobras, formerly a Williams sponsor.

Honda F1 CEO Nick Fry says there are some credible buyers knocking on the door.

"In the last 12 hours we've had three serious people come and suggest they'd like to buy the team," he told the BBC. "We're one of the best-funded teams and have the best assets and resources in the pit lane--we'll be quite a desirable asset for somebody.

"We're very hopeful, as are most commentators, that we'll take a big step up. It's a big opportunity for somebody. We have 700 people working for the team. It's business as usual--we have to go through the usual three-month consultation period with staff to decide the future of the company and during that period, we're hoping we'll find a buyer."

If the team does not continue then Fry, team principal Ross Brawn and Jenson Button will all be looking for jobs, along with more than 600 staff members at the team's base in Brackley, England. The team did not have a second driver confirmed for 2009 but had been expected to sign up Bruno Senna, nephew of legend Ayrton, who drove several Honda-powered cars during his stellar F1 career.

The news brought a quick response from FIA boss Max Mosley, who is pushing for teams to use a standard engine and gearbox package from 2010. He says that Cosworth, out of F1 since its last season with Red Bull in 2005, had been awarded tender to provide it. Teams can also build their own copies of the standard engine or run their current engines in a restricted form. He says all teams will have to use the same gearbox, provided by a joint venture between Xtrac and Ricardo.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2008, 09:42 AM   #175
Another White Car
Rep

HOLY CRAP---HERE GOES ANOTHER ONE!!!!

In what can best be described as a surprise, Audi said on Friday that it will not be represented by its factory team, Audi Sport North America, in the 2009 American Le Mans Series. The company said it has decided instead to concentrate its motorsports efforts on the new R15 TDI sport prototype for the 24 Hours of Le Mans race. Also, Audi has reworked the racing A4 to compete in the German Touring Car series (DTM), and the company will focus its efforts on the newly developed R8 LMS for customer use in the GT3 class.

Even though it is pulling out of the ALMS, Audi said it will compete in next year’s Sebring 12-hour event on March 21, where it will debut the all-new Audi R15 TDI sports prototype. The race, to be contested by Audi Sport Team Joest, is traditionally regarded as excellent preparation and a final test-race for the 24 Hours of Le Mans in France in June.

Audi entered the American Le Mans Series in 2000 and since then has been instrumental in building the series. The ALMS is recognized internationally and is regarded as the world’s best sports-car championship.

“The decision to withdraw was a very difficult one for these reasons. Furthermore, with the Champion racing team, we had a partner that operates at the highest level. The extraordinary dedication and precision of Team Champion was the key to Audi’s victories over the last few years in America,” said Wolfgang Ullrich, the head of Audi Motorsport, in relating the difficult decision by Audi AG to call off ALMS participation next year. “We achieved an unprecedented winning series together. Since the 2000 season, Audi has won the LMP1 title nine times in succession in this high-caliber sports-car championship. Our brand dominated the circuit last season by taking seven wins in 11 races.”

Ullrich also noted how technology developed for Audi’s racing efforts in ALMS and elsewhere is turning into benefits for U.S. consumers. “TDI Technology in racing supported the market launch of Audi TDI Technology in the U.S. perfectly,” he said.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2008, 09:58 PM   #176
WERND
Captain
Rep

That's probably going to keep Senna out of F1. Ferrari needs to quickly put Ross Brawn in charge but they won't. Barrichello is obviously done. Not good for F1 at all, not sure if this gives more power to the teams to demand more money, or more power to the FOM to demand cost savings
Appreciate 0