E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Mob17's E92 335d - 422bhp - 1M BUMPER

05-01-2015, 03:48 PM   #45
mr-modster
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 aw e92 335d m sport

Id love tk go santa pod this sunday!. Not sure if the misses would be up for it though 😄
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2015, 04:31 PM   #46
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-danGT View Post
I could be interested in going to pod, obviously I don't know you but have the same interest and a bmw of course. Would love to take a look at this car up the strip if that's your plan. Also talk about it some more!

I am seriously considering trading my 330d for a 335d. That power and torque is absolutely savage!
No problem, would be good to meet up if you're there when i am.

But to be honest i think im going to give this Sunday a miss, rain is forecasted. Then next 2-3 weeks im in Spain.

The 335D engine is astonishing. You've seen how much power you can get out of it. Only drawback is economy but for a performance car its great. What other car has over 400bhp and over 600ft.lbs of torque and returns nearly 50mpg? Perhaps the newer 335d's when modded up!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2015, 07:16 PM   #47
AlanYoro35i
Senior Troll
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Coming soon-718 Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Yeah the guys at Ecotune are great.

Very chuffed mate really enjoying it. Haven't taken it off the performance map yet

Yeah would be great to go together and compare! But to be honest my launches are probably shite right now, need some practice under my belt.

You ran 415? What do you mean, bhp? Do you have an LSD?

I probably won't go either, rain is scheduled. I live only 10 miles from Santa Pod so will try and go in the coming weeks.

yeah 415bhp, My 0-60 was 4.9 secs too the best i got...i dont have lsd and the car tries to go sidewall under accerlation..if i got LSD i would be going sideways...into the wall!! i rather like my traction control saving my ass haha

Now: 718 Cayman GTS / F83 M4
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2015, 05:45 AM   #48
Iforb
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F31 330D/E92 335D

What a cracking car. The wheels are fantastic and the work under the bonnet has given me a few ideas too!

Nice one.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2015, 06:31 AM   #49
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoro35i View Post
yeah 415bhp, My 0-60 was 4.9 secs too the best i got...i dont have lsd and the car tries to go sidewall under accerlation..if i got LSD i would be going sideways...into the wall!! i rather like my traction control saving my ass haha
Haha same here I only drive with one press of DTC. Not a good enough driver to turn it completely off! Maybe in the future after i get a lsd and have more track experience...

You know theres an American on this forum who got 3.6s!!! But he had some drag tyres. Shows there's a lot of improvements to be made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iforb View Post
What a cracking car. The wheels are fantastic and the work under the bonnet has given me a few ideas too!

Nice one.
Thanks mate. I am growing fonder of the wheels each week. Have had a lot of compliments.

Only thing i want to do is try and get BMW centre caps made as the originals don't fit.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2015, 08:06 AM   #50
Dan-danGT
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d M-Sport

Quote:
No problem, would be good to meet up if you're there when i am.

But to be honest i think im going to give this Sunday a miss, rain is forecasted. Then next 2-3 weeks im in Spain.

The 335D engine is astonishing. You've seen how much power you can get out of it. Only drawback is economy but for a performance car its great. What other car has over 400bhp and over 600ft.lbs of torque and returns nearly 50mpg? Perhaps the newer 335d's when modded up!

Yeah, if you do go anytime soon do make a post as I would like to see it in person. It looks an animal! If it's raining then I won't bother either as it spoils the day really.

I was thinking that the 335d xdrive with your power would be Faster still as it could get grip! I have been loooking on ecotune website now for a hybrid can achieve around 350 with no dpf so that could be a damn good increase over standard!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2015, 02:43 PM   #51
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, if you do go anytime soon do make a post as I would like to see it in person. It looks an animal! If it's raining then I won't bother either as it spoils the day really.

I was thinking that the 335d xdrive with your power would be Faster still as it could get grip! I have been loooking on ecotune website now for a hybrid can achieve around 350 with no dpf so that could be a damn good increase over standard!
Do you go on track days? Really want to go Bedford next month.

Yeah the Xdrive would definitely have better traction!

For your 335d they do a great stage 2 with a dpf delete pipe (same one as in this thread). Sounds really good at start up, idle and when you give it some.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2015, 02:58 PM   #52
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

I showed the guys at work Mo your dyno results. They were impressed.

On the subject of 335d and Xdrive we've got one plus I've also been in a development re mapped 335d X drive which I understand is one of the first on these shores, re pure power, sheer pull away traction, torque etc from the passenger seat it made a real impression as it just dug in and shot off it is a development car and was pushing out(rolling road verified as it was mapped live on the road)around 380bhp the torque figure I can't remember but it was immense (this car will be featured in a few magazines in the next few months)but as the work we do is in a tight knit sort of community and we assist re issues require genuine BMW diag assistance and correction we got to sample the car while we were doing another job tie them and their name is well known

But I admire what you've done Mo and I'll remember to gingerly pull over if I see your car in my rear view mirror as it'll be one hell of a lost cause with all that torque you've got
      05-03-2015, 03:08 AM   #53
D5TMW
Private
Rep
Drives: 335D

near enough the same spec as mine. Fun isnt it
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2015, 03:40 AM   #54
anielsen71
Lieutenant Colonel
Denmark
Rep
Drives: F36 435xd

Garage List
Quote:

Hi there
I'm running a hybrid turbo from turbo dynamics, Wagner FMIC and an Ecotune down pipe. And then a custom map from BR performance in Belgium.
And it does "only" give me 330hp and 715nm. Not 350hp

But reading about this I'm really considering changing the E91 330d with an E92 335d and that power package

Ex: E46 330d, E91 330dA
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2015, 04:19 AM   #55
Dan-danGT
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Do you go on track days? Really want to go Bedford next month.

Yeah the Xdrive would definitely have better traction!

For your 335d they do a great stage 2 with a dpf delete pipe (same one as in this thread). Sounds really good at start up, idle and when you give it some.
I have only done a couple. I did croft and donington in the bmw. Also blyton in an ac cobra. So no stranger to them. Going to croft this year again in the Cobra. If the group does a track day I might be interested!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2015, 05:07 AM   #56
Martin32
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Suzuki Swift Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by D5TMW View Post
near enough the same spec as mine. Fun isnt it
Would be good to see your dyno graph to see comparison across three cars with ecotune stage 3...
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2015, 10:04 AM   #57
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post
I showed the guys at work Mo your dyno results. They were impressed.

On the subject of 335d and Xdrive we've got one plus I've also been in a development re mapped 335d X drive which I understand is one of the first on these shores, re pure power, sheer pull away traction, torque etc from the passenger seat it made a real impression as it just dug in and shot off it is a development car and was pushing out(rolling road verified as it was mapped live on the road)around 380bhp the torque figure I can't remember but it was immense (this car will be featured in a few magazines in the next few months)but as the work we do is in a tight knit sort of community and we assist re issues require genuine BMW diag assistance and correction we got to sample the car while we were doing another job tie them and their name is well known

But I admire what you've done Mo and I'll remember to gingerly pull over if I see your car in my rear view mirror as it'll be one hell of a lost cause with all that torque you've got
Thanks for the comments Steve, impressing your garage isn't easy!

Re the Xdrive it will always have more traction, especially from 0-30mph. But IMHO rear wheel drive is one of the beauties of driving a BMW, which is why i don't think i'll ever enjoy a 4wd. Even though traction will be immense!

I've always wondered how these cars get into magazines? Do you have to do a lot of work into the car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anielsen71 View Post
Hi there
I'm running a hybrid turbo from turbo dynamics, Wagner FMIC and an Ecotune down pipe. And then a custom map from BR performance in Belgium.
And it does "only" give me 330hp and 715nm. Not 350hp

But reading about this I'm really considering changing the E91 330d with an E92 335d and that power package
I think the guy was talkng about a DPF delete on a 335d?

A stage 3 335D is an absolute monster. Even the sound of the engine and exhaust is better

Quote:
I have only done a couple. I did croft and donington in the bmw. Also blyton in an ac cobra. So no stranger to them. Going to croft this year again in the Cobra. If the group does a track day I might be interested!
I'm a complete newbie, but tbh i love driving like i'm on a track (somedays on private roads )

We should run a forum track day at Bedford. That would be awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin32 View Post
Would be good to see your dyno graph to see comparison across three cars with ecotune stage 3...
+1 would love to see a dyno. Peak power doesn't mean anything!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2015, 12:44 PM   #58
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Quote:
Thanks for the comments Steve, impressing your garage isn't easy!

Re the Xdrive it will always have more traction, especially from 0-30mph. But IMHO rear wheel drive is one of the beauties of driving a BMW, which is why i don't think i'll ever enjoy a 4wd. Even though traction will be immense!

I've always wondered how these cars get into magazines? Do you have to do a lot of work into the car?

!
WE thought it was insane actually Mo but it must be a bloody monster which in the clothing its bolted onto must be a great thing to have you can just sneak up on people and play with them then flick em away when your finised playing.... kinda like that.

Re cars magazines there a bit of courting going on they'll be emails the odd phone call but the idea of this Xdrive 335d was to show the latest cars can be done and this is rolling proof of that, its still being refined I dare say by the time its all sorted it'll feature
      05-04-2015, 07:44 AM   #59
Martin80k
Rep
n/a
Drives:

liste man, reading this, i can't even imagine, since i am battling power loss for almost a year, then gearbox problems, then everything is covered in oil.......so u get the story
BUT THE MAIN QUESTION HERE IS WHY THE HELL DON'T U POST A VIDEO OF THIS CAR, ITS SOUND AND 0-60 TIME???
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 01:04 PM   #60
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post
WE thought it was insane actually Mo but it must be a bloody monster which in the clothing its bolted onto must be a great thing to have you can just sneak up on people and play with them then flick em away when your finised playing.... kinda like that.

Re cars magazines there a bit of courting going on they'll be emails the odd phone call but the idea of this Xdrive 335d was to show the latest cars can be done and this is rolling proof of that, its still being refined I dare say by the time its all sorted it'll feature
Yeah it really is astronomical on the roads. I love it when other drivers think i'm driving a 2litre, a few seconds later all changes Just want to see a 335i/d driver now

It is worrying me a lot about my driving manner. Obviously i don't drive dangerously in urban areas, but it just takes a police car to spot me blasting down the road. Really need to start tracking.

But then that brings up other mods such as m3 arms, subframe bushes and lsd. Its never ending, and i have a baby coming in a few months, so priorities will have to change!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin80k View Post
liste man, reading this, i can't even imagine, since i am battling power loss for almost a year, then gearbox problems, then everything is covered in oil.......so u get the story
BUT THE MAIN QUESTION HERE IS WHY THE HELL DON'T U POST A VIDEO OF THIS CAR, ITS SOUND AND 0-60 TIME???
Sorry to hear about your problems. Hope you get it sorted.

Reason why i haven't posted a video yet is a) no one asked, b) time. I've been busy recently with work and i'm travelling to Spain in a few days. So a video of the exhaust and 0-60 is low down on my priorities at the moment. But i will do for you once i get back from Spain.

Also re 0-60, a drag strip would be best. I am planning to go sometime this year.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 05:50 PM   #61
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Taking this animal to Spain tomorrow. Really must resist the urge to "try out" the local roads there.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2015, 02:45 AM   #62
Dan-danGT
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

I would be up for a group day at Bedford, would be nice to see some other cars and meet people.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2015, 03:36 AM   #63
Ajs_435d
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 435d m sport m performance

Ah man makes me want another ha. I'm saving up for a 435d with a remap and dpf delete they are making around 415bhp so ecu has already been cracked by ecotune, it's a xdrive I'm after as Mpg is actually better etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 02:08 AM   #64
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs_335d View Post
Ah man makes me want another ha. I'm saving up for a 435d with a remap and dpf delete they are making around 415bhp so ecu has already been cracked by ecotune, it's a xdrive I'm after as Mpg is actually better etc.
That sounds great. I had a 420 as a loaner, i like the looks. Only thing i didnt like was the steering! Its way too light.

Anyways i made it to Murcia, Spain last night. I switched to the Eco map for the first time (roughly 350bhp). I could definitely feel the power drop, didn't feel as crazy on WOT! But my god i love this car. I think i have fallen in love with it again. It did miles like they were nothing and never skipped a beat. It's got power, handling, economy, comfort, badass looks and a great aftermarket audio system. Can't think of any other car i would rather have. Mods were all worth it just for this trip!

It was a joy doing 85mph on open motorways with no traffic, and getting 40mpg back! For a constant 85mph, up hilly terrain too, 40mpg was unbelievable. Before the upgrade i could get 47mpg but that was driving at 70mph.

The amount of flies on the front bumper is sickening! I brought my cleaning supplies with me so looking forward to cleaning it in the evening.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 09:34 AM   #65
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Excellent on the road trip down to Spain. Good to stretch her legs and see how she performs in the different map settings.
      05-12-2015, 11:42 AM   #66
BionicYeti
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 335D

Amazing motor
Appreciate 0