E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > After you ordered your car, how long did it take to get its VIN #?

05-21-2008, 01:06 AM   #1
oilcrankinject
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: nothing

After you ordered your car, how long did it take to get its VIN #?

A buddy of mine in my unit ordered an M3 less than 2 weeks ago. He told me today that he will be getting his VIN # in 10 more days.

I was told by the same salesman that I wont get my VIN until late June as my car is being built in July. The M3 wont be built until August so how in the heck can by buddy get his vin before me?

Getting the vin would save me about $5000 in taxes once I get back to the staes.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 01:49 AM   #2
yoyeewee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW M6 coupe

Garage List
You get your VIN# when the car leaves 112 order-confirmation status and enters 150 production status. 150 production status is the FIRST stage of production/assembly.
2008 335i coupe Atlantic Blue with Black Leather Steptronic ZSP ZPP NAV PDC COMFORT ACCESS REAR SUNSHADE HEATED SEATS HD RADIO SIRIUS USB/IPOD 20" Klassen K5.1 3-piece wheels w/Toyo Tires Job Design Body Kit M3 Trunk Spoiler Eisenmann Exhaust Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 04:59 AM   #3
oilcrankinject
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyeewee View Post
You get your VIN# when the car leaves 112 order-confirmation status and enters 150 production status. 150 production status is the FIRST stage of production/assembly.
I cant use the OC or the 800 number, I ordered my car from BMW Military Sales at the BMW dealer here in Darmstadt Germany.

I would love to be able to track my car but all I can get is a order number, no production number.

Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 06:49 AM   #4
yoyeewee
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtfast View Post
I cant use the OC or the 800 number, I ordered my car from BMW Military Sales at the BMW dealer here in Darmstadt Germany.

I would love to be able to track my car but all I can get is a order number, no production number.

hmmm...that's interesting that even the BMW dealer in Darmstadt Germany can't give u the info. the production number is given by the dealer.
2008 335i coupe Atlantic Blue with Black Leather Steptronic ZSP ZPP NAV PDC COMFORT ACCESS REAR SUNSHADE HEATED SEATS HD RADIO SIRIUS USB/IPOD 20" Klassen K5.1 3-piece wheels w/Toyo Tires Job Design Body Kit M3 Trunk Spoiler Eisenmann Exhaust Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 06:51 AM   #5
yoyeewee
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtfast View Post

and with the production number, u can track to see what stage of the production process the car is in. again, it has to start rolling into the assembly line for a VIN to be assigned.
Appreciate 0