E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Car booked in to BMW yet AGAIN~!!!!!!

05-17-2007, 01:23 AM   #1
LEA69
BORRIS the BMW!
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 MSPORTS & BMW E34 535i

Garage List
Unhappy Car booked in to BMW yet AGAIN~!!!!!!

Yesterday was cold here in Melbourne, had the heater running and windscreen forged up so I switched the front dimisters on.... BANG BANG BANG SHUDDER SHUDDER SHUDDER .... the car went!

On full speed fan setting, the dash is vibrating like no tomorrow and makes a loud (painfull!!) sound when it's on. Its something to do with the fan for the air-con/ heater under the glove box area.

So I ring BMW Doncaster and explain the situation, guy says to 'describe' the sound it makes when fan is on full blast, I was in my car anyhow so just switched it on for him. And he said it sounded like a V8 engine revving away in the microphone. OK, so he agrees with me its stupidly loud.

Then he asks me: "DO you park your car under trees at all?"

What the?? He explains that sometimes leaves or twigs can fall through the vents near the wiper blades in car!!!??? COME ON???? Will a leaf in the vent/ fan box thingie make that much noise????????????????????????

So Doncaster told me not to use fan untill they see to the problem. Problem is, they could only book my car in for June 6!!! Thats 3 weeks away!!

Mornington BMW can see me next week but they are yonks away from Rowville (in peak traffic...i'll be looking at 1 and a half) , same for city. The service doesnt bother me, I'm just annoyed that I seem to be having so many little problems with this car!!!!!

First airbags lights come on for no reason, then oil needed changing when dealer said its not due but computer was telling me to change oil at 10,000kms and now this blooming fan!!!

Sorry, just needed to type my frustrations out. Hmph... A Stupid Leaf.....???!!!!
      05-17-2007, 01:26 AM   #2
LEA69
BORRIS the BMW!
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Not to mention that I seem to hear so much creaking noises form within the cabin... the seatbelt clip/ holder creaks when I move a little in my seat, the dash vibrates here and there... the sunroof whistles when its on tilt... I dont know. Maybe I got bionic hearing!!!!!!!!!!!
      05-17-2007, 02:07 AM   #3
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
lemon?
      05-17-2007, 02:09 AM   #4
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 Carrera S

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEA69 View Post
Yesterday was cold here in Melbourne, had the heater running and windscreen forged up so I switched the front dimisters on.... BANG BANG BANG SHUDDER SHUDDER SHUDDER .... the car went!
I think I know this problem. I saw the same thing in a movie but it went CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG. Hmmmm….. I don’t think it was a BMW though.

Quote:
What the?? He explains that sometimes leaves or twigs can fall through the vents near the wiper blades in car!!!??? COME ON???? Will a leaf in the vent/ fan box thingie make that much noise????????????????????????
You could try spraying some water into the noisy vent. If it’s a leaf, the water might help it break up or change the sound.

Quote:
So Doncaster told me not to use fan untill they see to the problem. Problem is, they could only book my car in for June 6!!! Thats 3 weeks away!!
Perhaps there are a lot of people who park under trees in Doncaster waiting for their "leaf service"?

Quote:
Sorry, just needed to type my frustrations out.
That’s why we are here Lea. To hear your grievances and then offer you stupid advice. You came to the right place.

Quote:
Not to mention that I seem to hear so much creaking noises form within the cabin... the seatbelt clip/ holder creaks when I move a little in my seat, the dash vibrates here and there... the sunroof whistles when its on tilt... I dont know. Maybe I got bionic hearing!!!!!!!!!!!
I’ve seen a TV program on bionics too. Go outside and see if you can jump up on to the roof. If you can, you are worth 6 million dollars. Sell the car and buy a Veyron. Problem solved.

Cheers.

P.S. Please don't hate me Lea.

Last edited by CaptOz; 05-17-2007 at 05:33 AM.. Reason: To beg for mercy.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2007, 05:22 AM   #5
walbjj
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: s2000

thats terrible service. i know that when my father had his e39 528i, the dealer he bought it from new, would see him immediately with regards to any problems. sure, bring it in. half an hour, ok, we can get a techo to look at it, see what it might be.

in fact, u should seriously look at finding a good independent rather than a stealership
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2007, 05:36 AM   #6
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep

Being serious for a moment .... perhaps the noise might go away in a few days if it is a leaf?

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2007, 07:05 AM   #7
LEA69
BORRIS the BMW!
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptOz View Post
I think I know this problem. I saw the same thing in a movie but it went CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG. Hmmmm….. I don’t think it was a BMW though.

You could try spraying some water into the noisy vent. If it’s a leaf, the water might help it break up or change the sound.

Perhaps there are a lot of people who park under trees in Doncaster waiting for their "leaf service"?

That’s why we are here Lea. To hear your grievances and then offer you stupid advice. You came to the right place.

I’ve seen a TV program on bionics too. Go outside and see if you can jump up on to the roof. If you can, you are worth 6 million dollars. Sell the car and buy a Veyron. Problem solved.

Cheers.

P.S. Please don't hate me Lea.
HAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA! Top one CaptOz... I needed a laugh!
      05-17-2007, 07:07 AM   #8
LEA69
BORRIS the BMW!
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by walbjj View Post
thats terrible service. i know that when my father had his e39 528i, the dealer he bought it from new, would see him immediately with regards to any problems. sure, bring it in. half an hour, ok, we can get a techo to look at it, see what it might be.

in fact, u should seriously look at finding a good independent rather than a stealership
Yeah, hence Im trying out Mornington. They are heaps smaller than Doncaster and so far, (over the phone) experiences are very good.... Donaster just serve BMW Eastern & Sth Eastern owners... thats a large area. Next closest is Sth Yarra but still far from me...wouldnt mind if i had the day off but id be leaving home at 6pm to drop car off and get to work for 9am... no good.... oh well. CRAP happens!!
      05-17-2007, 07:09 AM   #9
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
HAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA! Top one CaptOz... I needed a laugh!
You came to the right place Lea!!

I hope it all works out ok. Keep us informed.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2007, 07:10 AM   #10
LEA69
BORRIS the BMW!
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Hey guys, when you take your car in for service etc and you get a loan car, do you pay for your loan car or is it free?
      05-17-2007, 07:15 AM   #11
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Hey guys, when you take your car in for service etc and you get a loan car, do you pay for your loan car or is it free?
Warranty work at any dealership, or even just service at the dealership you bought the car you should receive a courtesy car.
BMW E46 325Ci M Clubsport Carbon Black
BMW E36 318i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2007, 07:17 AM   #12
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Whenever I took my first two cars back to the selling dealer they always gave free loaners.

I've had a 320i, 325i, 525 and a 530d. It's great - long term test drives.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2007, 05:56 PM   #13
VGR00
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 430i Gran Coupe

Quote:
My experiance is that loan cars are free if they are dealing with a warrenty issue and they will try to charge you something small ($30) if it's just in for a service.

Again my experiance has been that any warrenty issue is dealt with really fast but if you want a loan car to go with that, then it could take 2 - 3 weeks to get seen as they only have so many cars to give out each day. I had my bluetooth issue sorted a couple of weeks ago and they would have attended to me the next day after my call even though they were booked up but I had to wait 2 weeks for the first available loan car.

Even if the car is out of warrenty and you suffer a breakdown causing the car to be undrivable, they will do their best to get you going same day or the next.

Don't dispair Lea .... it's a motor car and no matter what brand, they all suffer an issue from time to time. It will get fixed. While it's in for the fan issue, get them to fix the squeeks and all.

Regards .....
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2007, 06:42 PM   #14
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d

Sorry to hear this Lea but there is a solution. Glad Wrap yor car from the attacking leaves. Hence no more V8 noise from fan (don't glad wrap door handles its hard to get in car afterwards, YES i know from personal experience damn friends!!)
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2007, 09:16 PM   #15
manyways
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Not to mention that I seem to hear so much creaking noises form within the cabin... the seatbelt clip/ holder creaks when I move a little in my seat,
Hey Lea,

I've got the same annoying creaking issues coming from the seat and dash, my 335i is only 2 weeks old

Its taking Sth Yarra til end of the month before i can bring the car in, and no loan car promised cos they are booked out til mid-june

sigh
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2007, 02:56 AM   #16
LEA69
BORRIS the BMW!
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by manyways View Post
Hey Lea,

I've got the same annoying creaking issues coming from the seat and dash, my 335i is only 2 weeks old

Its taking Sth Yarra til end of the month before i can bring the car in, and no loan car promised cos they are booked out til mid-june

sigh
Thats bad hey...But places like Sth Yarra and DOncaster, they are spread out far apart (not including the 2 or 3 dealers in the city itself) and so have to attend to the whole non-city BMW owner population.. It sucks. Thats why im going for a scenic drive to Mornington to Bib Stillwell there. Plus, the sales rep is actually coming to my house to drop off the loan car this coming wed and taking my car in for service Thursday and return my car Thursday evening. So I now dont even have to go to mornington! Now that's what I call service!! :rocks:

The creaking sounds mainly come from the leather seats near the seatbelt holder. And its annoying! But really... what can we do about it? Im hoping when the leather softens it might just shut up!!!
      05-18-2007, 03:39 AM   #17
docbeemer
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 SG 335i

I feel for you lea. I just got my car back from doncaster bmw last thursday to replace my faulty high pressure fuel pump. When I booked it in I insisted on a loan car so they made me wait 3 weeks (ie next available) before the car could be serviced.

There was no charge for the loan car (of course- warranty claim on new car + I was furious that I had to wait 3 weeks) which was a new E90 323i M sport.

Did you buy your car new? In my experience, the sales side were more helpful than the service guys, so maybe speak to the guy who sold you the car to try and fast track you.
      05-18-2007, 08:32 AM   #18
manyways
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335i M-Sport

Quote:
The creaking sounds mainly come from the leather seats near the seatbelt holder. And its annoying! But really... what can we do about it? Im hoping when the leather softens it might just shut up!!!
have u tried showing the dealership the noise issue? i mean it cant be normal for a bmw to creak that much, its really annoying!!!

i'll let u know how it goes when i take my car in for the checkup
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2007, 07:57 PM   #19
scheps
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TTMK2

hey lea, just ot make you feel better. my previous 3 series had
1. cut in leather wheni picked it up
2. air bag light on for no good reason
3. tail light blown
4. indicator light not working

all within about 3-4 weeks of getting it, and was new yes...

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2007, 10:27 PM   #20
LEA69
BORRIS the BMW!
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheps View Post
hey lea, just ot make you feel better. my previous 3 series had
1. cut in leather wheni picked it up
2. air bag light on for no good reason
3. tail light blown
4. indicator light not working

all within about 3-4 weeks of getting it, and was new yes...

Thats aweful Scheps!
      05-19-2007, 02:47 AM   #21
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by docbeemer View Post
I feel for you lea. I just got my car back from doncaster bmw last thursday to replace my faulty high pressure fuel pump. When I booked it in I insisted on a loan car so they made me wait 3 weeks (ie next available) before the car could be serviced.

There was no charge for the loan car (of course- warranty claim on new car + I was furious that I had to wait 3 weeks) which was a new E90 323i M sport.

Did you buy your car new? In my experience, the sales side were more helpful than the service guys, so maybe speak to the guy who sold you the car to try and fast track you.
Hey Doc. Have you posted piccies of your interior? The colour combo sounds interesting.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2007, 03:04 AM   #22
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptOz View Post
Hey Doc. Have you posted piccies of your interior? The colour combo sounds interesting.

Cheers.
see the showroom thread