E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Misc. Car Items > Wtb: Auto Ship Service From Seattle To NYC

07-09-2018, 11:42 PM   #1
ThickBunz
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 328xi 9000+HP STOCK

Wtb: Auto Ship Service From Seattle To NYC

Hello,

I know this is a bit far-fetched, but is there anyone in the Seattle, WA area willing to get paid to drive my car/ship it to NYC? Looking to have it shipped within the next few days (time of posting 7/9). Offer up a price if you're willing.

These auto shipping companies are such a pain in the ass to deal with...

Car is a 2007 335i MT.

Thanks!

"Just sell it and get a 335" they say. Well I probably fucken should've. But if I do that now, I might just have to eat $.50 ramen for the next few months.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2018, 07:37 PM   #2
Certified Amateur
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Erratically

Myself (and a number of others on this board) ship cars all the time using a website/service called Central Dispatch. CD is not for human beings who buy a car here or there on eBay or bring a trailer or even e90post. CD is for dealerships and commercial enterprises. It's a subscription based service that we pay dearly for monthly subscription.

Central Dispatch is a clearinghouse for automotive carriers and those who use their services commercially. You will typically list a vehicle available for transport and be contacted within a day or two by a carrier either asking for the load or for more money. You agree on dates of service and then assign via the webform to the carrier.

Carriers are required to carry DOT Licensing and insurance to perform such services, but from time to time, accidents happen. The carrier is responsible, but in exchange for a much better $ than a uship. com or similar service, it's up to you to work with the carrier and their insurance carrier to work out any issues. For reference, I've shipped no fewer than 200 cars and have lost 1 (paid by carrier's insurance company) and damaged 1 (no big deal, replaced a bumper cover, I just ate the $.)

Current results on CD for generic pick-up and delivery door to door show a range in price of $1000 to $1200. Feel free to reach out by PM or whatever.
DT
Appreciate 0