E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Need help changing vins in modules

09-04-2019, 11:34 PM   #23
chaseb9
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.opt View Post
Hi I need help please! So I bought a wrecked 2009 BMW E92 328i with no key! I got a key guy to make the key, he did but the car wouldn't start so I figured the key was not made right, I called dealer and ordered the key with my vin and when it arrived no start or anything, same thing I had a key and slash and wouldn't do anything, I then found out the key guy screwed the Cas trying to make the key! So I went on ebay bought a dme, Cas, ecu and key from a identical vehicle once I installed it fires right up and no check engine light car runs very good but I live in California and need to smog the vehicle and they say the vehicle does not communicate with the smog machine!!! So I don't know what the hell to do at this point. All the help would be appreciated, looking for the cheapest route possible! Thanks
That baffles me that the smog machine can’t communicate with the car. Have you tried communicating with your car using a OBD reader and not have any problems or errors? If you have any piggybacks disable those because that interrupts singles from the obd port causing it to not communicate.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2019, 11:13 AM   #24
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Where the Vin numbers in the new Hardware changed to
the Vin number of the original chassis?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 01:26 AM   #25
A.G BMW
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92

Can someone post a guide or PM me the steps in changing the VIN on EGS module
I’ve got a K+DCAN cable and BMW tools(WinKFP, INPA, Tool32) but I can’t seem to work it out :/
Cheers
Appreciate 0