E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > N54 blown headgasket

04-29-2024, 01:38 AM   #1
sifonix
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i N54

Garage List
N54 blown headgasket

Hello guys, my e92 n54 (450 crank hp) blew headgasket more than half year ago. The coolant was purging through reservoir cap so after replacing everything coolant related, my decision was to replace the headgasket. So the head was skimmed - 0,06mm, pressure tested, block cleaned, headgasket replaced with Elring 1,52 thicker one, bolts replaced and a valve job done. After first drive I saw there was a milkshake under the oil cap and coolant was missing and I immediately thought that I did something wrong. So just to be sure, ordered new headgasket and bolts and did all of that again. Went for a drive and when checking next morning, there was mayo on the oil cap and coolant missing again. The oil in the oil filter housing is really thin, just like water. There are no any other problems, car is running perfectly fine, no pressurizing of the coolant lines anymore, no misfires, etc.

So my question is, could it be the cracked oil filter housing itself or should I be worried about cracked block ?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2024, 04:44 AM   #2
335i54n
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e39 m5

with an open deck design more likely the block is the issue, would be wary of Not machining/testing both surfaces. with a bright light maybe look for cracks or use a straight end and check the engine deck but at this point probably just find a good donor motor
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2024, 07:39 PM   #3
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sifonix View Post
So my question is, could it be the cracked oil filter housing itself or should I be worried about cracked block ?
how much coolant was gone?
Appreciate 0