E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Thinking of upgrading to LOGIC7 Pro

12-22-2007, 01:44 PM   #23
Bumps
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 320i M Sport

Garage List
I really hope that this is the real deal
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 03:43 PM   #24
DaveC
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330 Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed View Post
From what I have read .. this is not the full 6fl. It's the dealer fit, CD changer, ipod connector with the addition of a USB port.

The USB does not provide the ipod compatability that you get with 6FL.
If its got a USB connector, and iPod connector, what else is there?

Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 03:53 PM   #25
Serjames
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i M-sport

Garage List
It's not as simple as a usb connection unfortunatley

You need the actual interface I think (software)

SJ
      12-22-2007, 04:09 PM   #26
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
If its got a USB connector, and iPod connector, what else is there?

6fl lets you directly navigate the structure of the ipod (when you have the right cable).

The dealer fit ipod connector is slower and it emulates a CD changer with 6 different playlists instead of 6 discs.

The USB retrofit seems to be a dealer fit ipod connector plus a USB which will read a USB drive, but not allow you to connect and navigate an ipod.

Everyone who has said they were getting retro fit 6FL has ended up getting the above or nothing.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 05:46 PM   #27
DaveC
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed View Post
6fl lets you directly navigate the structure of the ipod (when you have the right cable).

The dealer fit ipod connector is slower and it emulates a CD changer with 6 different playlists instead of 6 discs.

The USB retrofit seems to be a dealer fit ipod connector plus a USB which will read a USB drive, but not allow you to connect and navigate an ipod.

Everyone who has said they were getting retro fit 6FL has ended up getting the above or nothing.
Sorry I'm not getting you, maybe I've had too much christmas cheer but you say its got an ipod connector but you can't connect and navigate and ipod - you're not making any sense.

Besides which, why the hell would you want an ipod connector if you could use a USB drive?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 06:34 PM   #28
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Sorry I'm not getting you, maybe I've had too much christmas cheer but you say its got an ipod connector but you can't connect and navigate and ipod - you're not making any sense.

Besides which, why the hell would you want an ipod connector if you could use a USB drive?
With 6fl you can control the ipod using idrive almost as easily as via the click wheel.

The ipod connector interface isn't anywhere near as good. It's slower and it's playlist based.

In answer to your second question - I would want a proper ipod connection like 6fl because I have an 80 gig ipod with around 40gig of music on it and I would like to control it via the car.

The dealer fit ipod connector is actually worse than just plugging the ipod into the aux in and controlling it with the clickwheel.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 03:01 AM   #29
DaveC
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Ahh christmas cheer has worn off this morning. I didn't realise you got an improved iPod interface with the 6FL.

I have the factory fit iPod interface and although it is an infuriating piece of half finished junk I find it far better than hitting other cars while trying to read the tiny text on the iPod display. Yes its poor but I think it's still worth it.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 03:51 AM   #30
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Ahh christmas cheer has worn off this morning. I didn't realise you got an improved iPod interface with the 6FL.

I have the factory fit iPod interface and although it is an infuriating piece of half finished junk I find it far better than hitting other cars while trying to read the tiny text on the iPod display. Yes its poor but I think it's still worth it.
It is probably slightly better than crashing into other cars

I don't see much point in paying for the dealer fit system as a retro, but if the 'proper' 6fl system was available I would be right there.
Appreciate 0