E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Track results after some more tuning 12.686@108.98

03-11-2007, 07:35 PM   #67
mayanh8
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walked U View Post

oh shit thats fast
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2007, 08:35 PM   #68
musc
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, 335is

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [10.00]
Quote:

oh shit thats fast
lol, man. I am going to yell VTEC when I shift from now on. That's got to be worth 20 hp.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2007, 09:48 PM   #69
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

[QUOTE=radgator1;762453][QUOTE=Driver72;761643]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post

Rflow, have you tried a run on your stock (or normal street) tires with your tune??
If you haven't, you should and post those results for comparison sake too.[/
QUOTE]

Well, he should run the car without DR's not to satisfy all the PROcede owners, but to see what the car does on normal street tires.

And you are wrong about saying no PROcede car has come anywhere close to that number at the track.My car ran a 13.0 @ 107.6

107.6 is no where near 111. Not sure what was wrong about that.

With DR's, PROcede's exhaust tune, and on 93 Octane I could of easily of knocked off .5 seconds and added 3-4 mph to my traps!

What's excalmation point for? To show how ridiculous you sound? I would think if anyone would know how worthless it is to talk about what you could easily run it would be the group that went to the track with CEA. His car did have DR and an exhaust and your car did have 93 octane in it. By this point you have to realize no one cares AT ALL what you think you could run, what have you run? Like I said rflow's slip is in a league of its own currently both in ET and Trap speed so please STFU about how you would have run a 12.5@111.7. If you think you can do it then do it and post the slip, but for all that is holy stop talking about coulda/woulda.

Oh, and I ask EVERYONE who does runs with their cars with DR's on what they got on STREET tires.
It would be like someone posting a timeslip while using a shot of NOS.

Totally silly statement. Tires dont add WHP. So far we have seen no good evidence that DR are making a big difference but if you think they are the end all get some rather than telling others not to use them.

Overall I was very impressed with your run considering it was in an auto (which I have). But no matter how you want to spin it rflow's car is the current record holder. That may or may not hold up. That is the only point I was making.

LOL, with all due respect you have no idea what you are talking about.
You haven't even raced your car...so you are internet racing.
If you don't think I could knock off .5 seconds and add 3-4 mph to my times with 93 Octane, exhaust tune, and DR's you are well inexperienced and ignorant.
My PROcede was NOT adjusted to 93 Octane when I ran. Read my results.
If you don't believe me ask CEA and the other dozen people that were there with me.
Have you ever even raced a car at the strip?

Shiv's times were at a much faster track.
Drew with his M3 trapped at 109+ at Sac Raceway.
At Famoso the day with me, he could only trap at 106+

Different tracks different times.
All I am saying is 12.6's on a customed tuned car with exhaust, and on 93 Octane plus running on DR's is no better than anybody else could get with a PROcede or with similiar set up. DR's in fact do help with ET's otherwise people would NOT use them.
It's a nice time for sure, but nothing for you to internet argue about considering you haven't even raced your car yourself.
You point out my "coulda/woulda" but you couldn't and didn't...so where does that leave you??

I guess for you, he could strap on a 100 shot and full slicks and pull a 12.o flat and then you'd argue his AA tuned car is faster than everybody else's and has the best ET's.
ET's mean squat (especially when using DR's or slicks)...it's the trap speed that shows power.

You say, "nobody cares what you could of run." Well again, at least I HAVE run. What nobody cares about is someone like you arguing timeslips and racing when you have no experience racing the car you are arguing over. Sorry but the hypocrisy and irony coming from you is just too funny.
Until YOU actually race a car, you are not worth debating this issue over.
Good luck, have fun.

Oh and thanks, I am quite happy with my times considering the conditions, the track, and the fact I really only have the PROcede and I am on street tires. Plus I have never raced an auto car at a race track before, much less the 335i before.

Last edited by Driver72; 03-11-2007 at 10:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2007, 10:23 PM   #70
ducati955
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: lifted tacoma on 38's & ducati

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
if i can get mine to perform like that i'll b plenty happy.... but racing in a straight line.... not my thang, good for seeing what it can do though!

nice 3's!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEW RIDE white GTR!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2007, 10:31 PM   #71
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati955 View Post
if i can get mine to perform like that i'll b plenty happy.... but racing in a straight line.... not my thang, good for seeing what it can do though!

nice 3's!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah drag strip times don't really show much, especially when people use DR's or slicks.
It allows for fast ET's which looks impressive and gives "bragging rights" but means nothing when you meet someone else on the street or highway and they walk away from you, even though their car did not have as good an ET at the track because they didn't have DR's or slicks on.

But you are correct, the fun begins when the wheel begins to turn.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 12:53 AM   #72
CASHBY
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335 "done up"

To say you can knock of .5 seconds off your 1/4 mile time with DR's (on your car, automatics) is never going to happen, sorry Driver72...

WALKED U pulled a 1.7 60ft on his street tires...so drag radials or not with those 60fts you will run a mid to low 12 all day long with a tuned 335

Of course 93 octane might help and exhaust...but if you put DR's on your car(automatics), and you try and launch it will fall on its face!... you cant rev your RPM's high enough to get the DR's to even try and spin...they would just stick and your car would bog hard....so drag radials on your car would be pointless

RFLOW's times are great and doesnt matter if he was on DR's or not.... you saw what happen to my car on DR's... i still had NO TRACTION whats so ever and got horible 60ft times like 2.4 and 2.6 60ft but still pulled a 13.2....but we were also on a HORRIBLE track. If i can pull a 1.8 60ft my car will 100% for sure run mid to low 12's on a good track all day long.

I want to make a drive out to sac raceway.... our cars should trap just as high as Shiv's did at that track and run mid to low 12's
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 12:58 AM   #73
CASHBY
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah drag strip times don't really show much, especially when people use DR's or slicks.
It allows for fast ET's which looks impressive and gives "bragging rights" but means nothing when you meet someone else on the street or highway and they walk away from you, even though their car did not have as good an ET at the track because they didn't have DR's or slicks on.

But you are correct, the fun begins when the wheel begins to turn.
Seriously, you have to get over this Drag Radials vs Street tires shit.... like i said walked u has the best 60ft times with the 335 and he was on street tires.

you had faster times at the track on your street tires than I did but on the highway I had no problem walking 1-2 cars on you EVERY SINGLE TIME...(except when my car went limp mode)

I havnt really seen Drag Radials be benificial on a 335 yet....specialy with guys on street tires hitting 1.7-2.0 60fts with no problem...and with drag radials on a non LSD 335...your not going to see lower 60ft times than what guys on street tires have already ran.... maybe it is just time we learn how to drive our car better on street tires and not spin them downt he track....it is posible
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 01:12 AM   #74
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEA 3 View Post
Seriously, you have to get over this Drag Radials vs Street tires shit.... like i said walked u has the best 60ft times with the 335 and he was on street tires.

you had faster times at the track on your street tires than I did but on the highway I had no problem walking 1-2 cars on you EVERY SINGLE TIME...(except when my car went limp mode)

I havnt really seen Drag Radials be benificial on a 335 yet....specialy with guys on street tires hitting 1.7-2.0 60fts with no problem...and with drag radials on a non LSD 335...your not going to see lower 60ft times than what guys on street tires have already ran.... maybe it is just time we learn how to drive our car better on street tires and not spin them downt he track....it is posible

Could be the case with DR's on certain cars, track prep is a reason too. It sux that you couldn't properly heat up the tires. But I still say DR's are your best bet for good ET's.

Driver72's car was moving very well last weekend up to Famoso and he got a decent run no doubt, but I will attest that after all the runs we've done this month with several different cars, your 335I (CEA 3) did pull better than the other tuned 335I's that we've ran with. Jackson, Karl, Mike, etc. will back me up on this, and it is true your car was acting weird on the way back and Reagan's 996 hung with you better than he should.
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.14s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690WHP/463WTQ
Shift-S3ctor E92 M3 - 1/2 Mile Trap Speed WR - 174.13 MPH
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 01:18 AM   #75
CASHBY
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
Could be the case with DR's on certain cars, track prep is a reason too. It sux that you couldn't properly heat up the tires. But I still say DR's are your best bet for good ET's.

Driver72's car was moving very well last weekend up to Famoso and he got a decent run no doubt, but I will attest that after all the runs we've done this month with several different cars, your 335I did pull better than the other tuned 335I's that we've ran with. Jackson, Karl, Mike, etc. will back me up on this, and it is true your car was acting weird on the way back and Reagan's 996 hung with you better than he should.
Yea i believe we found out what the problem was on my car.... falutly wire harness... i am putting hte new one on this week.

it went into limp mode again this weekend....we think there is a bad connection on the wire harness so we are putting a new one.

so no more acting up at random times.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 01:34 AM   #76
radgator1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
[QUOTE=Driver72;763075][QUOTE=radgator1;762453]
Quote:

LOL, with all due respect you have no idea what you are talking about.
You haven't even raced your car...so you are internet racing.
If you don't think I could knock off .5 seconds and add 3-4 mph to my times with 93 Octane, exhaust tune, and DR's you are well inexperienced and ignorant.
My PROcede was NOT adjusted to 93 Octane when I ran. Read my results.
If you don't believe me ask CEA and the other dozen people that were there with me.
Have you ever even raced a car at the strip?

Shiv's times were at a much faster track.
Drew with his M3 trapped at 109+ at Sac Raceway.
At Famoso the day with me, he could only trap at 106+

Different tracks different times.
All I am saying is 12.6's on a customed tuned car with exhaust, and on 93 Octane plus running on DR's is no better than anybody else could get with a PROcede or with similiar set up. DR's in fact do help with ET's otherwise people would NOT use them.
It's a nice time for sure, but nothing for you to internet argue about considering you haven't even raced your car yourself.
You point out my "coulda/woulda" but you couldn't and didn't...so where does that leave you??

I guess for you, he could strap on a 100 shot and full slicks and pull a 12.o flat and then you'd argue his AA tuned car is faster than everybody else's and has the best ET's.
ET's mean squat (especially when using DR's or slicks)...it's the trap speed that shows power.

You say, "nobody cares what you could of run." Well again, at least I HAVE run. What nobody cares about is someone like you arguing timeslips and racing when you have no experience racing the car you are arguing over. Sorry but the hypocrisy and irony coming from you is just too funny.
Until YOU actually race a car, you are not worth debating this issue over.
Good luck, have fun.

Oh and thanks, I am quite happy with my times considering the conditions, the track, and the fact I really only have the PROcede and I am on street tires. Plus I have never raced an auto car at a race track before, much less the 335i before.

Do you really have such poor insight as to not see it is you who is internet racing? Keep telling us what you "could have run", then take a look around, this is the internet. That is the definition of internet racing. I on the other hand have said nothing about what I could or couldn't run in my stock 335i.

I'm not sure why it is so offensive to you to hear that 12.68@109 is the best time by a significant margin a 335i has run in a 1/4 mile so far, and the mark to beat. If you dont believe me take a look here.

http://www.dragtimes.com/results.php...arch+DragTimes

There is a reason why they put that time at the top of the list.

Anyway, I fully expect more personal attacks but that doesn't bother me. But do us all one favor, try to edit your posts down a bit, they tend to run on. More words doesn't alway equal more meaningful content.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 08:58 PM   #77
rflow
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

The Video is up on dragtimes if anyone wants to see it.

http://www.dragtimes.com/2007-BMW-33...eos-11392.html
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 10:02 PM   #78
musc
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rflow View Post
The Video is up on dragtimes if anyone wants to see it.

http://www.dragtimes.com/2007-BMW-33...eos-11392.html

Good run Definitely could use an LSD though.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 10:25 PM   #79
DrM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Montego Blue E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by catm3 View Post
Good run Definitely could use an LSD though.
I agree. I am very surprised that the 335 can run a 12.68 without a LSD. I know that the drag radials help, but I wouldn't think that you could get enough traction to get it to hook with that much power.

My vette had about 550 ft-lbs at the crank and it would shred both tires even with the LSD up to about 40mph.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 11:01 PM   #80
musc
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [10.00]
He seems to be hooking up. The right rear will usually always hook with an open diff and DRs. Then all that power gets transfered to the left rear and thats when it usually blows the tires off. If the track prep is good, the left rear will hook too. It was hard to see with the smoke, but all I heard was a squeal and he took off.

Not sure what the torque increase is with the AA catback tune. It may have less bottom end torque which would help ease the launch. The PROCede just makes a lot down real low, which is great if you can harness it. WalkedU's 1.7x on Nitto street tires is a testament to that. Track prep is such a huge factor. I am sure rflow can shed some light on it, but it looks to be a pretty good track. I am sure the So Cal guys will get hooked up and be in the 12s soon once they get to a decent track.

I had the same problem with an LSD to where I was spinning with slicks leaving with a transbrake. It hooked once, then the next pass it hooked again and sheered teeth off the ring gear and cracked the whole posi unit in half. I went to a spool after that.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 11:17 PM   #81
Walked U
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Too many to list

Awww could someone send me the plug in for that video. I cant see it
Ferrari 575 SA, 458 Italia
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 12:14 AM   #82
musc
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [10.00]
Quote:
Awww could someone send me the plug in for that video. I cant see it
http://e90post.musc.us/rflow12sec.wmv

try that
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 09:35 AM   #83
Omar@ActiveAutowerke
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrM View Post
I agree. I am very surprised that the 335 can run a 12.68 without a LSD. I know that the drag radials help, but I wouldn't think that you could get enough traction to get it to hook with that much power.

My vette had about 550 ft-lbs at the crank and it would shred both tires even with the LSD up to about 40mph.
hmm Maybe its the tuning.... jk.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 10:41 AM   #84
CASHBY
United_States
Rep

Quote:
He seems to be hooking up. The right rear will usually always hook with an open diff and DRs. Then all that power gets transfered to the left rear and thats when it usually blows the tires off. If the track prep is good, the left rear will hook too. It was hard to see with the smoke, but all I heard was a squeal and he took off.
I think what shiv is working on for launch control is to control the bottom end tourqe so we can stomp it on the launch and not have peak tq right away at 2500-3000 RPMs in first gear, but all the other gears will be normal.

That would work out and really help out with the launch..
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 11:17 AM   #85
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEA 3 View Post
I think what shiv is working on for launch control is to control the bottom end tourqe so we can stomp it on the launch and not have peak tq right away at 2500-3000 RPMs in first gear, but all the other gears will be normal.

That would work out and really help out with the launch..
This sound like a very promising solution.
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 11:18 AM   #86
CASHBY
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD View Post
This sound like a very promising solution.
yea i cant wait... more for the guys with manual, but he said it will be offered for both step and manual.

should help out alot.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 11:44 AM   #87
rflow
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:

Not sure what the torque increase is with the AA catback tune. It may have less bottom end torque which would help ease the launch. The PROCede just makes a lot down real low, which is great if you can harness it. WalkedU's 1.7x on Nitto street tires is a testament to that. Track prep is such a huge factor. I am sure rflow can shed some light on it, but it looks to be a pretty good track. I am sure the So Cal guys will get hooked up and be in the 12s soon once they get to a decent track.

I had the same problem with an LSD to where I was spinning with slicks leaving with a transbrake. It hooked once, then the next pass it hooked again and sheered teeth off the ring gear and cracked the whole posi unit in half. I went to a spool after that.
Moroso is an okay track. The only problem is someone always oils the track and ruins the test and tune. I only got two passes last time out so I had to make them count. If i lean on the convertor some more it will get high 1.7's to 1.80. I don't see anybody getting 1.7's on street tires at Moroso. Just my 2 cents.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 11:49 AM   #88
CASHBY
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rflow View Post
Moroso is an okay track. The only problem is someone always oils the track and ruins the test and tune. I only got two passes last time out so I had to make them count. If i lean on the convertor some more it will get high 1.7's to 1.80. I don't see anybody getting 1.7's on street tires at Moroso. Just my 2 cents.
that is the worst thing about test n tunes....people and their beat "drag cars" break on the track and it shuts down for 45 minutes at a time to clean up their POS's mess.

think how many runs you would get if none of that would ever happen..
Appreciate 0