E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Flash DSC Update to Add eLSD (Limited Slip)

08-26-2019, 02:31 AM   #67
MarciusB
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d AT E90 TiAg

Garage List
I know this is an old thread, but maybe someone will find this useful and relevant, since I read many forums to gather all information. I have a 330d 2006-06. I had DSC software ZUSB 6775387. I was looking for a way to get the eLSD option, as my friends with newer E90s have. They said they have a diff_lock option in NCS (this has 3 values, wert02 means it is ON. Set to wert00 and wert01 to turn it off, especially if you have an actual LSD). So, I opened up WinKFP and flashed to 6775389. At first I got some errors in INPA, that I had no idea how to clear, but after some researching thanks to a hint from a smart guy, I had opened up NCSexpert and coded an empty MAN file to reset the module. That cleared most of the errors in INPA. Then in INPA I went to the DSC module and went to Active menu and went through the calibration procedures. And that cleared the remaining faults. Then I went to NCS expert to check if that allowed me to have the diff_lock option modified, but sadly no. That did not give me eLSD.
Next idea was to buy a second-hand DSC controller (I got one with the whole pump actually), which is from a newer model 330d. I think the model does not matter, but the year of the module was 2008-05. So after installation and brake bleading, I thought I know the frustrating process of coding this so it should not be a problem. I updated the DSC module with my VIN and some software number which was not the same as was written before, but it was offer by WinKFP as I selected the Update procedure. Then I went to NCS and coded an empty MAN file to the DSC and tried to calibrate with INPA, but the when doing the same calibrations, I could not do 1 of them it gives an error and does not go further. So at the moment I have all 3 abs/dsc yellow lights on the dash and I think I should just do a calibration of the steering wheel angle sensor and DSC module with more powerful software, like ISTA. Nevertheless, I checked the in NCS, I now have the diff_lock function with wert02 parameter already set, but it does not work. I will do an update when I get the errors cleared.

Edit: Calibrations have finally been done through ISTA, but one fault remains - 5D8E falscher sensorcluster (wrong sensor cluster). Can anyone elaborate on this? Currently the hypothesis is that the DSC module swap either needs additional hardware or it will simply not work because of incompatibility with other stuff in the car, for example, the DME. A solution would be very much appreciated.

Last edited by MarciusB; 09-02-2019 at 04:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 03:21 PM   #68
juld0zer
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Prev 135i 7DCT, Now 130i 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciusB View Post
I know this is an old thread, but maybe someone will find this useful and relevant, since I read many forums to gather all information. I have a 330d 2006-06. I had DSC software ZUSB 6775387. I was looking for a way to get the eLSD option, as my friends with newer E90s have. They said they have a diff_lock option in NCS (this has 3 values, wert02 means it is ON. Set to wert00 and wert01 to turn it off, especially if you have an actual LSD). So, I opened up WinKFP and flashed to 6775389. At first I got some errors in INPA, that I had no idea how to clear, but after some researching thanks to a hint from a smart guy, I had opened up NCSexpert and coded an empty MAN file to reset the module. That cleared most of the errors in INPA. Then in INPA I went to the DSC module and went to Active menu and went through the calibration procedures. And that cleared the remaining faults. Then I went to NCS expert to check if that allowed me to have the diff_lock option modified, but sadly no. That did not give me eLSD.
Next idea was to buy a second-hand DSC controller (I got one with the whole pump actually), which is from a newer model 330d. I think the model does not matter, but the year of the module was 2008-05. So after installation and brake bleading, I thought I know the frustrating process of coding this so it should not be a problem. I updated the DSC module with my VIN and some software number which was not the same as was written before, but it was offer by WinKFP as I selected the Update procedure. Then I went to NCS and coded an empty MAN file to the DSC and tried to calibrate with INPA, but the when doing the same calibrations, I could not do 1 of them it gives an error and does not go further. So at the moment I have all 3 abs/dsc yellow lights on the dash and I think I should just do a calibration of the steering wheel angle sensor and DSC module with more powerful software, like ISTA. Nevertheless, I checked the in NCS, I now have the diff_lock function with wert02 parameter already set, but it does not work. I will do an update when I get the errors cleared.

Edit: Calibrations have finally been done through ISTA, but one fault remains - 5D8E falscher sensorcluster (wrong sensor cluster). Can anyone elaborate on this? Currently the hypothesis is that the DSC module swap either needs additional hardware or it will simply not work because of incompatibility with other stuff in the car, for example, the DME. A solution would be very much appreciated.
Yes mate, you need the yaw sensors to match that DSC module. It is found under the left front seat. You don't need to remove the seat but just pull up the carpet. Of course removing/elevating the seat gives you a ton of room. Don't choose a donor car that has been in a flood or wet carpet.

Keep us updated as I want eLSD too. Did you need to code any other modules?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 07:42 PM   #69
wololo7
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 335d 2008

I have a 2005 E90 320d with DSC ZB 6778164. I want to update it to have the EDIFF functionality. However, I am struggling to find which ZB is the latest to my module. Or even whether my DSC supports that feature. Can somebody help me? Or only changing the DSC itself is the solution?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2022, 04:00 PM   #70
Raimund
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciusB View Post

Did you ever get this to work fully?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2022, 07:54 AM   #71
MOD.Works
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 130

I remembered that 2008 and newer euro 135i and 335i are E-lsd by default.

The DSC software also has settings related to brakes, etc., which should be coded off if you drive on a track. Especially if the brakes have been upgraded.

For example, calculated overheating of the brakes. This cuts power from the engine if the car thinks the brakes are too hot. Also brake booster changes based on the calculated brake fluid temperature.
Appreciate 0