E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Bluetooth list showing empty, but phone is connected -EMOJI PROBLEM W USED CAR

12-07-2019, 01:00 AM   #1
NTG88
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i Coupe

Bluetooth list showing empty, but phone is connected -EMOJI PROBLEM W USED CAR

Hi,

I recently purchased a used 2011 328i and have my iPhone X connected as a device. First things first, the Bluetooth works. It plays music & I can control everything through my steering wheel and even all the song info shows on the dash. I can initiate phone calls, but only with phone in hand, but once the call connects I can use handsfree, speak to the car and they can hear me and vice versa. My contacts even show on the car.

My problem is my “Paired Devices” list shows empty on both the multimedia & telephone screen. I keep trying to connect but the screen times out. I’ve read numerous threads and watched dozens of videos, and it seems the consensus is that one of the previous owners had an emoji in their phone name that’s why the list shows as blank, because the phone w the emoji would have to connect and be deleted from the list. Well obviously this being a used car, I do not have access to the previous owners phones (purchased from dealership) so I can’t connect and delete the old devices. I’ve searched and searched and it doesn’t seem like there’s a way to factory reset my CIC. I’m at a total loss and don’t know what to do. It’s hella inconvenient, and just plain annoying I have to do everything separate from my phone because it won’t show up in the list. PLEASE HELP! I’m honestly very tech savvy and have done so much research but I don’t know what to do to fix this.

Here is an example of my problem:

Last edited by NTG88; 12-07-2019 at 01:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 05:18 AM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

There is an idrive sub forum.
Have you tried clearing the paired phone's list and repairing.
i don' think there is any kind of lock on paired phones but
I don't have idrive.
If your phone is paired it should show up.

Last edited by ctuna; 12-07-2019 at 05:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 11:00 AM   #3
NTG88
Rep

There’s nothing in the phone list. I found one YouTube video of what happens to me:

https://youtu.be/0u_3jVx5OOs

The guy had an update to this original vid and said, just like everyone else, that a previous device that was paired to the Bluetooth had an emoji in the device name. MY problem is I don’t have access to any of the previous phones cuz the car is used. So I just need to know if there’s ANY way else to fix the problem.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 12:06 PM   #4
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

I wonder if there is a reboot procedure that cleans the slate on
settings.
Did you try the simple logins like 1234.
Some of this stuff may be stored on the TCU , Mulf 2 hi or combox modules
if you have them.

Also the idrive sub forum guys are likely to know more about this.

google is your friend

https://www.google.com/search?client...W0DDQ8Q4dUDCAo

http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=122

https://www.e90post.com/forums/attac...9&d=1130589156
According to the above no code needed for deleting phone form list.

Last edited by ctuna; 12-07-2019 at 12:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 12:41 PM   #5
NTG88
Rep

Yeah I tried that, but since the list is showing as empty it’s like there’s nothing to delete even if my phone is connected. I posted in that forum, hopefully I can get some help. I saw that forum as well but it’s f30 and I have an e92 and even with my software all the way updated it’s different than the F30s, doesn’t have all the same “options” -_- So frustrating
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 02:29 AM   #6
NTG88
Rep

**UPDATE** I recently upgraded my iPhone to an 11 Pro from the X and everything now works properly!!! Literally within the 1st minute of connecting my new phone, the previous owner’s list of phones showed up and I was finally able to delete them and connect this new phone perfectly, because it actually showed up. So at the end of the day it ended up being an iPhone X issue. I really can’t believe it!
Appreciate 0