E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > what is the ugliest Audi ever made?

12-08-2009, 09:32 AM   #45
S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi A4 / 91 Track Miata

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
I really, really like the looks of the new gen TT. I convinced my brother into getting it but it's more than his budget. Once I find something I might sell him my car and get the TT.

Yeah..I like the new TT more than the original one...especially the TT-S and TT-RS

Car is now gone .... :-(
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 12:01 AM   #46
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4to335 View Post
You sir, are an idiot. That is probably a new Q5. I like it. I like lots of cars. There are lots of boring cars in terms of styling...I dont think any Audi is "ugly"....boring in some cases..but not "ugly".

What is ugly? Pontiac Aztec. I really dont like the Z3..but it isnt ugly...its just not for me.
Aztec: ugly
Acura TL new front end: ugly
Audi A8: weird..odd?
Z3: unappealing
Audi TT: BUTT UGLY
keep in mind...look of a car is subjective....in my eyes: TT is
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 12:04 AM   #47
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2012 View Post
i only think the S5 is mildly pleasant to look at, other than that all the audis are ugly.
completely agree....the S5 is nice looking but those damn LED lights....over kill...over played!
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 12:04 AM   #48
domobrown
Banned
Austria
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5 S-Tronic

Quote:
You sir, are an idiot. That is probably a new Q5. I like it. I like lots of cars. There are lots of boring cars in terms of styling...I dont think any Audi is "ugly"....boring in some cases..but not "ugly".

What is ugly? Pontiac Aztec. I really dont like the Z3..but it isnt ugly...its just not for me.
Q7 V12 TDI
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 05:11 AM   #49
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by domobrown View Post
Q7 V12 TDI
Funny, though I've owned a Q7 in the past it's the Q7v12TDI that's the only one I truly do like and would probably own given half a chance, but it's a bit overkill to hand to the wife as a school runabout.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2009, 08:01 AM   #50
E90 Skye
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Audi's designs have not been bad over the years at all. their more recent designs I think are all winners for their particular category. The only one that was questionable was the original TT, but that I think is b/c we look with hindsight 20/20 and see what could of been created instead. But as design studies go, their either loved or hated...
but I love audi's current designs. Shopping for a small suv for my fiance currently, and my original choices were X1 or X3, and perhaps check out the Acura RDX, and Audi q5. After seeing more of each, I think hands down the q5 gets my vote, by far the prettiest of the group.
CURRENT - E36 M3 Alpine White | BC Coils | FROMERLY - 2006 Jet Black 330i | Premium Package | ZF AT | LUX 4.0 | Jlevi M3 Front Bumper | CF Mtech spoiler | Gloss Black Grill | Msport wheel | Blacklines | Koni FSD + Eibach Pro-kit | BMS PBX
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2009, 08:06 AM   #51
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 Skye View Post
Shopping for a small suv for my fiance currently, and my original choices were X1 or X3, and perhaps check out the Acura RDX, and Audi q5. After seeing more of each, I think hands down the q5 gets my vote, by far the prettiest of the group.
I didn't realize how expensive the lil SUVs were. It'd be hard for me to choose these lil guys over a MDX (which is the same price as an X3)
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2009, 08:29 AM   #52
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Audi's designs have not been bad over the years at all. their more recent designs I think are all winners for their particular category. The only one that was questionable was the original TT, but that I think is b/c we look with hindsight 20/20 and see what could of been created instead. But as design studies go, their either loved or hated...
but I love audi's current designs. Shopping for a small suv for my fiance currently, and my original choices were X1 or X3, and perhaps check out the Acura RDX, and Audi q5. After seeing more of each, I think hands down the q5 gets my vote, by far the prettiest of the group.
Up until the X1 came along it would also have been the best handling one too but it does take the prize for that. Though the X1 has an awful ride quality, I don't know what BMW are playing at, they insist on promoting handling at the expense of ride and frankly the person that has already decided on an SUV is really looking for a sportscar, just something that rides well, handling OK and is practical.

On their current SUVs they have really lost the plot.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2009, 12:10 PM   #53
E90 Skye
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndon_h View Post
I didn't realize how expensive the lil SUVs were. It'd be hard for me to choose these lil guys over a MDX (which is the same price as an X3)
MDX is a great SUV. I used to have one, 2003 model. The newer ones are so much better than even that, and for the price you can't really beat it in the luxury/sporty suv category, but i'm pretty sure my fiance wouldn't want to drive something that big around. Shes used to her mazda 3 for a couple years now and she says thats big enough for her haha, thats why I'm trying to sell her on the q5 rather than another car.
CURRENT - E36 M3 Alpine White | BC Coils | FROMERLY - 2006 Jet Black 330i | Premium Package | ZF AT | LUX 4.0 | Jlevi M3 Front Bumper | CF Mtech spoiler | Gloss Black Grill | Msport wheel | Blacklines | Koni FSD + Eibach Pro-kit | BMS PBX
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2009, 12:25 PM   #54
S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
MDX is a great SUV. I used to have one, 2003 model. The newer ones are so much better than even that, and for the price you can't really beat it in the luxury/sporty suv category, but i'm pretty sure my fiance wouldn't want to drive something that big around. Shes used to her mazda 3 for a couple years now and she says thats big enough for her haha, thats why I'm trying to sell her on the q5 rather than another car.
I saw a white Q5 with the Sline package that looked very very nice. I would definitely have that as a second car.

Here is a pic of it:

And I got to drive this for 2 weeks courtesy of Audi of America (I am still finishing an article on it)

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2009, 05:02 PM   #55
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19 View Post
Audi Allroad
+1. I don't feel like counting the A2.
Quote:

Dude...before you call him an idiot you have to realize that you're wrong. It's a Q7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Up until the X1 came along it would also have been the best handling one too but it does take the prize for that. Though the X1 has an awful ride quality, I don't know what BMW are playing at, they insist on promoting handling at the expense of ride and frankly the person that has already decided on an SUV is really looking for a sportscar, just something that rides well, handling OK and is practical.

On their current SUVs they have really lost the plot.
I want to respectfully disagree. It depends on what you'd consider "awful" ride quality. People have different preferences. I've never driven an X-Bimmer that has what I'd consider an awful ride. I also appreciate their relatively sporty demeanor, but I could chalk that up to my younger age.
Quote:
I saw a white Q5 with the Sline package that looked very very nice. I would definitely have that as a second car.

Here is a pic of it:

And I got to drive this for 2 weeks courtesy of Audi of America (I am still finishing an article on it)

That looks worlds better with the S-Line package. It's a bland-mobile without it.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2009, 12:21 AM   #56
E90 Skye
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

love that q5
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2009, 01:32 AM   #57
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndon_h View Post
audi may have had a some odd looking cars, but they've definitely hit a stride. Furthermore, they are kicking BMW's ass as far as design goes.
I respectfully disagree. Th new 7 is so much nicer looking then the New A8. The new 5 is also amazing looking.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2009, 01:35 AM   #58
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkahtropolis View Post

Dude...before you call him an idiot you have to realize that you're wrong. It's a Q7.

I want to respectfully disagree. It depends on what you'd consider "awful" ride quality. People have different preferences. I've never driven an X-Bimmer that has what I'd consider an awful ride. I also appreciate their relatively sporty demeanor, but I could chalk that up to my younger age.

That looks worlds better with the S-Line package. It's a bland-mobile without it.

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2009, 07:15 AM   #59
S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

I call him an idiot for his overall comments on anything. Yes, I see that it is a Q7...but I also like the styling of the Q7. If I had the money right now I would be owning a Q7 or Q5 as a second car.

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2009, 07:38 AM   #60
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I take it you have travelled in an X1 as a rear seat passenger? If not then you really need to, because it's awfully bouncy and harsh, if you have then either your roads are as smooth as a baby's bottom or your age is seriously the deciding factor.

As for the rest, well I don't rate the X6 that highly as you may already know but my brother who has one rates it even less, in fact he dislikes it that much he's wanting to buy himself out of his contract 15 months early.

Now I like sporty cars as much as the next person but the simply fact is that you can get both together, even in an SUV as Porsche has shown. Even the Q5 has made a better fist of things and Audi aren't as renowned as BMW for producing great handling that is still supple. I blame run-flats but it may well be more than just that.
Appreciate 0