E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Resetting Brake Light (?)

09-24-2013, 09:17 PM   #1
Kurt-06-325i
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Resetting Brake Light (?)

I recently got the warning to service the rear brakes. I knew they were getting thin so I replaced pads and rotors and sensor.
When I reset the code (using the method from the turn signal and pressing the odometer reset immediately after the service lights go off) I immediately started getting the message with the car on a lift in red and the "BRAKE" light in red.
I checked the sensors, both front and rear, and they are good (they are new sensors).
I am also getting the burned out bulb indicator that reads CCID-132. This is for the right front side light but it is working fine.

Any suggestions???

Thanks,

Kurt
2006 325i... KX64987
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 05:38 AM   #2
Kurt-06-325i
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Additional... I replaced the wear sensor at the same time. When I reset the code, It would reset but the mileage doesn't return to zero, it just shows ------ (dashes) instead of a new mileage.

Any thoughts?

I recently got the warning to service the rear brakes. I knew they were getting thin so I replaced pads and rotors and sensor.
When I reset the code (using the method from the turn signal and pressing the odometer reset immediately after the service lights go off) I immediately started getting the message with the car on a lift in red and the "BRAKE" light in red.
I checked the sensors, both front and rear, and they are good.
I am also getting the burned out bulb indicator that reads CCID-132. This is for the right front side light but it is working fine.

Any suggestions???

Thanks,

Kurt
2006 325i... KX64987
Appreciate 0