E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Helix DSP - please help!

01-27-2014, 11:50 AM   #45
MBMW
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 650i GC

http://www.audiotec-fischer.de/lng/e...s/?language=en

Just download the Sound Setup file from the manufacturer for you car using the link above
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 02:38 PM   #46
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_Orange View Post
My understanding was that Musicar have all these specific components specifically tuned for the E92 cabin??
Generally, yes. Tuning files should match exactly your configuration.

This appears to be an error.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 09:57 PM   #47
Morally Gray
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AMG C63s Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by taibanl View Post
Generally, yes. Tuning files should match exactly your configuration.

This appears to be an error.
Well again if anyone can get hold of them to explain this story of woe... that would be appreciated.

Still waiting to hear from them....
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 01:15 AM   #48
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

This is a custom setup

This is a custom setup
The only thing that might be of use is the signal delays.
This is not the unit that Agent Orange mentioned at the start
of this thread I believe.
If it was me I would start out bypassing the processor and seeing
if I could get good sound that way .
Adjusting this thing to reasonable settings shouldn't be that bad.
really tuning it might be something else.
But I thought the cal procedure should be documented by Helix .
You would need a high quality Microphone to carry it out.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 01:19 AM   #49
Morally Gray
Lieutenant
Rep

Just reading through the emails Musicar sent me before I purchased, Pre-Programmed... yeah right.

"We do have an option we need to add to our website for the Level Three - the DSP option. This uses a DSP processor, driven by the Toslink output of the converter, to correct in the time and amplitude domains for differing speaker distances, as well as for the cabin response. We have the DSPs preprogrammed for your car for the Level Three system. If you decide to go this way, the DSP option is $750, prepped, harnessed, programmed, and ready to install."
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 11:53 AM   #50
MBMW
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 650i GC

have you tried the link that i sent you post45?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 12:24 PM   #51
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_Orange View Post
Just reading through the emails Musicar sent me before I purchased, Pre-Programmed... yeah right.

"We do have an option we need to add to our website for the Level Three - the DSP option. This uses a DSP processor, driven by the Toslink output of the converter, to correct in the time and amplitude domains for differing speaker distances, as well as for the cabin response. We have the DSPs preprogrammed for your car for the Level Three system. If you decide to go this way, the DSP option is $750, prepped, harnessed, programmed, and ready to install."
your frustration is understandable. so far you don't have everything you paid for. If you're not happy ask for a refund, but I can tell you that if you let Ken get your DSP set, you will me more than satisfied from an SQ standpoint. Ken is a victim of his own success and he tends to get buried due to how busy he is.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 10:29 PM   #52
Morally Gray
Lieutenant
Rep

I've worked in customer service all my life including 14 years at maccas. Errors will happen, we're all human, they can be a good thing even... A second chance to impress a customer.

But it's how you handle customer issues which represents your dedication to customer service. In this case... Well after this thread.. And mathematics personally reaching out to them.. All that's happened is they sent me a messed up file and wasted more of my time.

Thanks to Don it's sounding ok at the moment.... But don't try to defend these guys in anyway to me at least. They keep treating customers this way they won't have to worry about having too much work regardless of how good their product might be.

- no invoice provided
- unable to confirm my components
- DSP not configured
- unable to contact them for 3x months
- had to get someone in the states to at least get the file
- sent the wrong file
- still haven't heard from them

Completely unacceptable!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 10:36 PM   #53
Morally Gray
Lieutenant
Rep

The car will also feature in some local and OS publications and I won't be giving them any credit.

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 11:27 PM   #54
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_Orange
I've worked in customer service all my life including 14 years at maccas. Errors will happen, we're all human, they can be a good thing even... A second chance to impress a customer.

But it's how you handle customer issues which represents your dedication to customer service. In this case... Well after this thread.. And mathematics personally reaching out to them.. All that's happened is they sent me a messed up file and wasted more of my time.

Thanks to Don it's sounding ok at the moment.... But don't try to defend these guys in anyway to me at least. They keep treating customers this way they won't have to worry about having too much work regardless of how good their product might be.

- no invoice provided
- unable to confirm my components
- DSP not configured
- unable to contact them for 3x months
- had to get someone in the states to at least get the file
- sent the wrong file
- still haven't heard from them

Completely unacceptable!
Dont get me wrong. I would not run the business the same way but DESPITE his communication troubles he is extraordinarily successful. I guess you can pit it this way. If his customer service is as poor as you say. His systems must speak for themselves (save yours).
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 12:48 AM   #55
Morally Gray
Lieutenant
Rep

Ohh I'm sure it'll be great.. people just need to know they'll have to roll the dice and hope they get one configured.. god help them if you needed warranty help or any after sales service.

All they do is take some OEM brackets and pre mount some speakers, isn't rocket science and if I was them I wouldn't get complacent.

Their value prop is experance, is their expert tuning.. without that I'm not sure why anyone would use them.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 12:16 PM   #56
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Ohh I'm sure it'll be great.. people just need to know they'll have to roll the dice and hope they get one configured.. god help them if you needed warranty help or any after sales service.

All they do is take some OEM brackets and pre mount some speakers, isn't rocket science and if I was them I wouldn't get complacent.

Their value prop is experance, is their expert tuning.. without that I'm not sure why anyone would use them.
I guess its that there are very VERY few audio shops that know how to do BMW properly.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 01:19 PM   #57
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

The value is they did research to find the best stuff

The value is they did research to find the best stuff.
And there is almost no one else who does.(at least for BMW)
I think if you do stuff at a distance you need to have some DIY
ability or access to a trusted expert that does locally.
I would agree that there should be a list of components and some
instructions included.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 10:19 PM   #58
Morally Gray
Lieutenant
Rep

This was sent to musicar again.

If anyone has contact with them I would really appreciate you raising it with them.

I ask again.

1. What components have I been sent?
2. Can I please have the correct DSP file sent?
3. What should the settings on the amp be set to?
4. What should the factory EQ be set to?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 03:19 AM   #59
Morally Gray
Lieutenant
Rep

I tried to message them via FB and write on their wall... They seem selective about the reviews they post it seems.

If anyone can contact them with the above questions it would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 10:20 AM   #60
mathematics
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 328i e93 alpine white

Who gives a sh!t about how successful someone is when their customer service AFTER a sale is garbage? I question how "busy" someone is when it comes to not responding to a customer, post sale, from one of your customers when you have plenty of time to post on Facebook all day. just sayin'.
iPhone 6 Plus (iTunes library/iTunes radio/Waze, etc) to Airport Express via AirPlay. Toslink out of Airport Express to Helix P-Six DSP. PHD AF 1.C tweeters, PHD FB 4.1 midranges. Jehnert Door Cards and mid-bass'.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 02:56 PM   #61
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathematics
Who gives a sh!t about how successful someone is when their customer service AFTER a sale is garbage? I question how "busy" someone is when it comes to not responding to a customer, post sale, from one of your customers when you have plenty of time to post on Facebook all day. just sayin'.
Well. To be fair. Ive had as much trouble getting into see Don PRE sale as ive had with Ken post sale. That being said Don has returned many more emails (not 100% though). ;-).
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 03:41 PM   #62
mathematics
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 328i e93 alpine white

having trouble getting to see someone or hear back from someone BEFORE a sale is different than them being there every step of the way up to a sale and then disappearing right after it with no support.

Quote:
Well. To be fair. Ive had as much trouble getting into see Don PRE sale as ive had with Ken post sale. That being said Don has returned many more emails (not 100% though). ;-).
iPhone 6 Plus (iTunes library/iTunes radio/Waze, etc) to Airport Express via AirPlay. Toslink out of Airport Express to Helix P-Six DSP. PHD AF 1.C tweeters, PHD FB 4.1 midranges. Jehnert Door Cards and mid-bass'.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 06:03 PM   #63
Morally Gray
Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks mathematics! And everyone who's helped this far. Hopefully soon we all hear from them and I can put this very frustrating saga behind me.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 06:35 PM   #64
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks mathematics! And everyone who's helped this far. Hopefully soon we all hear from them and I can put this very frustrating saga behind me.
I do hope you will be impressed once you get the end result, that being said I do agree with you that the delay has been both unfortunate and un acceptable
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 12:03 AM   #65
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' YMB/Blk F82

hmmm.

Last edited by mact3333; 02-05-2014 at 12:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 04:36 AM   #66
6spdcoupe
tends to get irritable
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 F15,18 M550,20 Highlander

Quote:
Oh shit, I missed some ? Sorry bud, were they recent ones ?

AC Schnitzer/Eibach/M Performance/RaceChip/Compustar/Drone/BimmerTech/FireTV/Helix/Dynaudio/Micro-Precision/Jehnert/Audiomobile
Appreciate 0