E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Rough startup and sometimes idle 2D06

03-08-2024, 11:01 AM   #1
Perendinate
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2010 x5, 2009 328i

Rough startup and sometimes idle 2D06

Hi y’all, I got an 09 328xi and I’ve been having a weird issue lately. When I start the car it runs really rough and the idle jumps around, it eventually settles mostly and runs okay with some random rpm stumbles. If I unplug the MAF sensor it seems to start and runs fine but then I get a CEL presumably due to the MAF being unplugged.

I scanned the car with my scanner with the MAF plugged in and the only code related to the engine in was a 2D06(Air mass system code).

I first tried cleaning the sensor and the contacts with a bit of MAF cleaner but that didn’t seem to change anything. I then swapped out the MAF sensor with one from an 13 e92 but nothing seemed to have changed either.

I also got the starter replaced 2 months ago, Recently replaced belt and tensioner and replaced the VCG and OFHG last summer if any of those may make a difference.

Any input would be appreciated!
Appreciate 0