E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > NIB: G-Power SKII "Sporty Drive" supercharger kit for sale

05-14-2014, 12:39 PM   #1
PMKC
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, Supra Turbo 6sp

NIB: G-Power SKII "Sporty Drive" supercharger kit for sale

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 12,750.00

Item Interest
Well, here it is--possibly the only brand new G-Power SKII "Sporty Drive" in the country for sale. This one is the "TU" version, which stands for "Technical Update". This product usually takes 6-8 weeks to order, and the shipping from Germany is around $850, on top of the $16,500 price tag. This one is ready to be picked up in the KC area, or will be available for shipping anywhere in the USA (price to be determined, depending on location, but it is a very large, 112-lb box!). But if you know someone in KC area who could pick up, this is highly preferred, and you can save nearly 5 grand over a new kit!

The product is rated at "+190bhp" over stock, or 610bhp w/ 445 lb-ft of torque. It uses the newer ASA TI-523 supercharger (not the TI-522 from a few years ago). See picture for info of what is included in this kit.

This kit was meant for a show car that I will not be doing. Everything is still in the box (sorry, those other installed and CAD pictures are G-Power stock photos so you can simply see what it looks like). Unfortunately, everything is too neatly packaged in several boxes to take out, and I don't want to lose anything. And it would take me an hour to unpack, and possibly another 2 hours to pack back up. But I will guarantee everything is in there (check my feedback on either Bimmerforums or Supraforums as Vader M3).

For those that don't know about the ASA supercharger, this is the supercharger that Alpina uses not only for their street BMWs (ie the 7-series Alpina B7) but also in their IMSA factory racecars. New, the T1-523 is around $3500 alone(!). These blowers provide more torque than any other supercharger, per horsepower provided, due to its internal gearing allowing it to spin over 105,000 RPM (!!). Vortech-style superchargers spin to around 45000-65000 RPM, depending on the type, by comparison. As a result, you get the mid-range torque that is a little closer to a turbo (although not quite, of course). But compare these numbers pulled from several dyno graphs:

G-POWER:
600whp/440 lb-ft (73% torque vs HP)
480whp/350 lb-ft (73% torque vs HP)
503whp/365 lb-ft (73% torque vs HP)

ESS (vortech):
600whp/392 lb-ft (65% torque vs HP)
544whp/358 lb-ft (66% torque vs HP)
520whp/343 lb-ft (66% torque vs HP)

So, you can see, on a 600whp setup, the ASA makes nearly 50 more lb-ft than the Vortech, and lower-boosted G-Power cars provide similar torque as Vortech cars boosting over 60whp more (comparing 2nd line to each).
In the turbo world this may not sound like a whole lot, but considering these cars are only going up by around 100-130 lb-ft of wheel torque of wheel torque to begin with, that's a huge difference in the gain! So, more mid-range fun, and better acceleration exiting a turn. Note, I have nothing against Vortech or ESS--have driven a few ESS M3s, and they're great. This blower is just a higher level, providing a bigger midrange punch.

The E90/E92 M3 G-Power kit has also been thoroughly tested on Autobahn and Nardo, running 206mph for miles at a time. In fact, this car (a 570bhp version) was driven to Italy's Nardo track (from Germany), then driven on a road course, and back, on pump 93 octane:
Here's onboard video of another SKII on Nurburgring:

Check the picture with the packing list for what is included (to bring it up to a CS "ClubSport" version, you'd simply need to go with a cat-less exhaust setup).

For questions, you can reach me at pm332@hotmail.com, or call me at (913) 626-2038. PM's don't seem to reach my email for some reason. SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY, please. I also have a genuine GRUPPE M titanium cat-back with very little use (new is $6178 + shipping from Japan) for $3350, shipped! Thanks for reading.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 02:54 PM   #2
335iNavyGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 07 N54 E92

Is it really worth it over buying a twin turbo setup? Price seems crazy high for the gains, Really curious i dont know much about these
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 06:08 PM   #3
driving_impaired
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 650

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
is that Darth Vader driving around the 'Ring? :-p
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 11:02 AM   #4
Gambit3
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Comp G-Power SKII CS

This is a FAIR ask for a GREAT SC Kit! G-Power SK II CS TU

I know this post is old but as the title says, if you own a E92/E93 M3 and have the disposable cash ... you should own one of these kits.

I own and installed the version just before this kit (minus the TU) that gets me to 600bhp with an Akropovic Exhaust and secondary fuel pump. Sure, there are comparable kits ... VF, AW, ESS but I favored this kit (nothing wrong with the other offerings) from an engineering, cosmetic and customer service POV.

In speaking with G-Power, there are like less than a dozen of E9x SC kits installed the USA. So, that give E9x G-Power owners a sense of exclusivity.

In regards to the other post ... is this worth it for the price?

That is a rather more complicated question and it starts with what M3 do you prefer ... E46? E9X? F8X? Each generation is an improvement (on paper) over the previous and each generation has its pros/cons. SMG vs DCT, E46 more of visceral experience vs a heavier E9X, inline 6 vs v8 vs inline-6 with twin turbos, yada, yada.

For an E46 M3, a good used E46 in the market is about $20K and a SC kit is about $8K and that will get you about 480bhp with 435ftlb of torque.

With the introduction of the F8X series, the E9x series is now depreciating in price and made more affordable to a greater number of drivers. If you can live with the uniqueness of a NA V8 and all its pros/cons ... buy the E9x. If you have $$$ to get to the supercar 600-700hp club and just shy of 500ftlb of torque, go for it. With current market prices of $40K for used E9X and another $15K for a SC kit for that level of performance ... well, lots of ifs and should I?

As I write this, G-Power has a kit that is just a secondary ECU and exhaust ($9k)that will bring the current F8X Ms to about 520bhp but with 700ftlb of torque!!! (That is insane) All in all that will bring you to a price tag north of $90K USD with 2015 prices.

It all comes down to which M3 you prefer and what your wallet can afford.

:-)
Appreciate 0