E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > 2008 E90 M3 6MT - 39K miles

11-30-2020, 06:41 PM   #1
450RRR
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Silverstone E90 M

2008 E90 M3 6MT - 39K miles

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 28,000.00

Item Interest
Up for sale is my 2008 E90 Base M3 6MT. I’m going to start off by disclosing that this M3 is a 1-accident vehicle. It IS NOT a branded/salvage title and drives just as well as any other non-accident vehicle. I am including the CarFax that I received when I purchased the car just over a year ago.

Onto the car:
2008 BMW M3 Base Sedan 6MT – 39k Miles
Silverstone
Silver Novillo Leather
Carbon Leather Interior Trim
Single Hump - No NAV
No Sunroof

Add-ons:
M-Performance Alcantara Steering Wheel (Yellow Stripe)
M-Performance Exhaust
Weather Tech Floor Mats and Trunk Liner
Tint

I bought the car a little over a year ago from an Acura dealer in NJ. It was a great find, but I was also skeptical because of the accident on the CarFax. When I went to see the car, I found an old registration card from the previous owner. I reached out to the individual and he turns out to be an avid forum member (though his handle escapes my mind right now). He was the second owner and had only put a few thousand miles on the M3. He told me that the original owner was a doctor from MD, who was involved in the accident, and he ended up selling it because of back trouble. He explained that he got rear ended at a stop sign which caused damage, later found to be damage to the rear bumper (Fixed Properly and have a structural report from a third-party vendor). The vehicle sat for some time, so when the second owner (Forum member) bought the vehicle, he flushed all of the necessary fluids, including transmission, oil, brake, etc. He also installed new pads, new Michelin PS4S tires, M-Performance exhaust, and M-Performance Alcantara Steering wheel. That owner then sold the vehicle because he wasn’t using it much and was buying a house.

That’s when it comes into my hands. I bought it to use as my daily and for my long commute. About 4 months in I realized that I didn’t want to put the miles on it, so I bought another commuter and used this as a weekend car. Having a baby, a job where I travel often, and house renovations does not allow time for much of anything. I try to drive it once to twice a month, but that doesn’t always happen. I bought it with 27k miles on it and put 11-12k miles on it since.

The car absolutely brightens up your day. I always wanted the 6-speed manual sedan M3 and I finally got it. Unfortunately, I would much rather see someone else be able to actually drive it than to see it sit as much as it does.

The exterior is a 7/10. Minimal rocks chips in the front, but a few blemishes around the vehicle. I took pictures of those. 1 Scratch on the rear bumper on the drivers side, two blemishes on the driver’s side sideskirt, and 2 marks on one of the lines on the front passenger door.

Transmission feels great, tires have lots of tread, and handles extremely well. No rattles inside. I have not changed out the Rod Bearings (I feel its similar to the IMS issue with 911s….not as prevalent as the internet suggests – especially with the treatment and mileage)

I don’t NEED to sell the vehicle, but am not using it as often as I’d like. I’m a motivated seller but do not appreciate lowballers and I don’t need help selling the car. I believe the price is very reasonable in the market. Ask any questions. I'll be as honest and open as I can be.

My zip code is 18013. I’m an hour and change from NYC and 1:30 from Philly. The winter tire and wheel setup is not included, but we can work out a deal with the vehicle. The setup is VMR CSL Reps with Michelin Alpin tires.

Price: $28,000
Miles: 39K(May go up slightly)

Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf evo_cf.pdf (1.23 MB, 137 views)
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 11:38 PM   #2
carsofmass
Rep
Drives: 2016 Audi S3

Just PMed you!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 09:28 AM   #3
450RRR
United_States
Rep

VIN: WBSVA935X8E215102

Car is going in for inspection 12/10.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2020, 01:50 AM   #4
flbmr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

updates on inspection?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2020, 06:47 PM   #5
450RRR
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flbmr View Post
updates on inspection?
Yes. Annual PA inspection went through no issues. I have the PPI from the local Indy Shop (eMpower in Belvedere, NJ). I can send to anybody interested.

Things that came up:
1. Cabin Filters(I can replace)
2. Brake Fluid Change(based on mileage not actual records - changed before I bought it 12k miles ago)
3. Part of the under liner/wheel well drivers side is broken - just on the PPI, not something that is necessary.
4. Idle Control Module - I forget which bank. The computer brought it up that it was outside of its tolerance(no CEL ever and the car hasn't ridden rough). Said it hasn't failed but again, outside of the tolerance level.

2nd buyer fell through. Honestly thinking it's a sign to keep it, but if there's anybody that is seriously interested, contact me and we can talk/see the car in person.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 11:53 AM   #6
Zhpken14
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 Bmw 435i ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 450RRR View Post
Up for sale is my 2008 E90 Base M3 6MT. I’m going to start off by disclosing that this M3 is a 1-accident vehicle. It IS NOT a branded/salvage title and drives just as well as any other non-accident vehicle. I am including the CarFax that I received when I purchased the car just over a year ago.

Onto the car:
Silverstone
Silver Novillo Leather
Single Hump - No NAV
No Sunroof

Add-ons:
M-Performance Exhaust
Tint

I bought the car a little over a year ago from an Acura dealer in NJ. It was a great find, but I was also skeptical because of the accident on the CarFax. When I went to see the car, I found an old registration card from the previous owner. I reached out to the individual and he turns out to be an avid forum member (though his handle escapes my mind right now). He was the second owner and had only put a few thousand miles on the M3. He told me that the original owner was a doctor from MD, who was involved in the accident, and he ended up selling it because of back trouble. He explained that he got rear ended at a stop sign which caused damage, later found to be damage to the rear bumper (Fixed Properly and have a structural report from a third-party vendor). The vehicle sat for some time, so when the second owner (Forum member) bought the vehicle, he flushed all of the necessary fluids, including transmission, oil, brake, etc. He also installed new pads, new Michelin PS4S tires, M-Performance exhaust, and M-Performance Alcantara Steering wheel. That owner then sold the vehicle because he wasn’t using it much and was buying a house.

That’s when it comes into my hands. I bought it to use as my daily and for my long commute. About 4 months in I realized that I didn’t want to put the miles on it, so I bought another commuter and used this as a weekend car. Having a baby, a job where I travel often, and house renovations does not allow time for much of anything. I try to drive it once to twice a month, but that doesn’t always happen. I bought it with 27k miles on it and put 11-12k miles on it since.

The car absolutely brightens up your day. I always wanted the 6-speed manual sedan M3 and I finally got it. Unfortunately, I would much rather see someone else be able to actually drive it than to see it sit as much as it does.

The exterior is a 7/10. Minimal rocks chips in the front, but a few blemishes around the vehicle. I took pictures of those. 1 Scratch on the rear bumper on the drivers side, two blemishes on the driver’s side sideskirt, and 2 marks on one of the lines on the front passenger door.

Transmission feels great, tires have lots of tread, and handles extremely well. No rattles inside. I have not changed out the Rod Bearings (I feel its similar to the IMS issue with 911s….not as prevalent as the internet suggests – especially with the treatment and mileage)

I don’t NEED to sell the vehicle, but am not using it as often as I’d like. I’m a motivated seller but do not appreciate lowballers and I don’t need help selling the car. I believe the price is very reasonable in the market. Ask any questions. I'll be as honest and open as I can be.

My zip code is 18013. I’m an hour and change from NYC and 1:30 from Philly. The winter tire and wheel setup is not included, but we can work out a deal with the vehicle. The setup is VMR CSL Reps with Michelin Alpin tires.

Would you be interested in some sort of trade for a 2016 435i ZHP with low miles? Amazing car man!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2021, 08:39 AM   #7
450RRR
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhpken14 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 450RRR View Post
Up for sale is my 2008 E90 Base M3 6MT. I'm going to start off by disclosing that this M3 is a 1-accident vehicle. It IS NOT a branded/salvage title and drives just as well as any other non-accident vehicle. I am including the CarFax that I received when I purchased the car just over a year ago.

Onto the car:
Silverstone
Silver Novillo Leather
Single Hump - No NAV
No Sunroof

Add-ons:
M-Performance Exhaust
Tint

I bought the car a little over a year ago from an Acura dealer in NJ. It was a great find, but I was also skeptical because of the accident on the CarFax. When I went to see the car, I found an old registration card from the previous owner. I reached out to the individual and he turns out to be an avid forum member (though his handle escapes my mind right now). He was the second owner and had only put a few thousand miles on the M3. He told me that the original owner was a doctor from MD, who was involved in the accident, and he ended up selling it because of back trouble. He explained that he got rear ended at a stop sign which caused damage, later found to be damage to the rear bumper (Fixed Properly and have a structural report from a third-party vendor). The vehicle sat for some time, so when the second owner (Forum member) bought the vehicle, he flushed all of the necessary fluids, including transmission, oil, brake, etc. He also installed new pads, new Michelin PS4S tires, M-Performance exhaust, and M-Performance Alcantara Steering wheel. That owner then sold the vehicle because he wasn't using it much and was buying a house.

That's when it comes into my hands. I bought it to use as my daily and for my long commute. About 4 months in I realized that I didn't want to put the miles on it, so I bought another commuter and used this as a weekend car. Having a baby, a job where I travel often, and house renovations does not allow time for much of anything. I try to drive it once to twice a month, but that doesn't always happen. I bought it with 27k miles on it and put 11-12k miles on it since.

The exterior is a 7/10. Minimal rocks chips in the front, but a few blemishes around the vehicle. I took pictures of those. 1 Scratch on the rear bumper on the drivers side, two blemishes on the driver's side sideskirt, and 2 marks on one of the lines on the front passenger door.

I don't NEED to sell the vehicle, but am not using it as often as I'd like. I'm a motivated seller but do not appreciate lowballers and I don't need help selling the car. I believe the price is very reasonable in the market. Ask any questions. I'll be as honest and open as I can be.

My zip code is 18013. I'm an hour and change from NYC and 1:30 from Philly. The winter tire and wheel setup is not included, but we can work out a deal with the vehicle. The setup is VMR CSL Reps with Michelin Alpin tires.

Would you be interested in some sort of trade for a 2016 435i ZHP with low miles? Amazing car man!
[/QUOTE]
Would you be interested in some sort of trade for a 2016 435i ZHP with low miles? Amazing car man![/QUOTE]

Hey I appreciate the offer. Very nice car you have too. Unfortunately, just trying to consolidate a bit right now.

If anything I'd be just looking at a tool for the job kind of car and not another committed 4-seater.

Thanks though
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2021, 11:07 AM   #8
mgmavant
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi, 2023 X5M50

Interested in the car if it's still available - sent you a DM.

Spike
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 03:55 PM   #9
jonnyL23
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i GC / MPPSK

Exclamation

I am highly interested in this car if it isn't already sold. I cannot pm because I dont have enough time on the forums but my phone number is 313-600-0199. My email is jlulgjuraj05@gmail.com. I am extremely interested please give me a call or text and we will get on it!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 07:09 PM   #10
Soden82
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyL23 View Post
I am highly interested in this car if it isn't already sold. I cannot pm because I dont have enough time on the forums but my phone number is 313-600-0199. My email is jlulgjuraj05@gmail.com. I am extremely interested please give me a call or text and we will get on it!
Lol this post is a year old. Doubt the car is still available but shoot your shot
MHD tuned
VRSF Race IC
DCI
ATM exhaust
Appreciate 1
F80_Katz764.00