E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > Chelsea FTW!

05-05-2021, 04:11 PM   #1
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Chelsea FTW!

Champions League Final and FA Cup Final baby. That is all, carry on...
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 04:21 PM   #2
blackbird_f32
Shima Tatsuya
Rep
Drives: F32 435i Msport

KTBFFH!
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12786.50
      05-05-2021, 04:30 PM   #3
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

I love to see how well Pulisic has been playing. When he's healthy he is unstoppable!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 04:45 PM   #4
Merami fan
めらみぽっぷ fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i xDrive

Just wish our squad was fully available and fully fit... We really did look old and tired today, much like last time vs City. Just outmatched physically and unable to play our game. If we had Carvajal or Vasquez available and Valverde providing some pace and energy higher up, it would have been a better contest.

Would have been happy to put money down under better circumstances, but it is what it is. Chelsea has been impressive under Tuchel. Deserved to go through by a larger margin than it was, to be honest. Please beat City and save us some face...
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1w...1L3y6cmPEyGSoI
Appreciate 2
TiMSport12786.50
jesm203.00
      05-05-2021, 05:26 PM   #5
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Gonna be a tough ask to beat that city team. BUt good luck to ye.
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12786.50
      05-05-2021, 05:38 PM   #6
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

What the hell are y'all talking about
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 05:44 PM   #7
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekidM2C View Post
Gonna be a tough ask to beat that city team. BUt good luck to ye.
Yes it will but they've got a ton of momentum on their side. BTW, Chelsea beat Man City the last time they met not long ago.
Should be a great game though. Two Premier League teams playing for the Euro championship is impressive no matter what.

What a difference a good manager makes (Thomas Tuchel) will be the first one to take two different teams back-to-back to the Champions League finals. Last year he took PSG but lost. Hopefully he'll turn it around this time!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 05:46 PM   #8
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merami fan View Post
Just wish our squad was fully available and fully fit... We really did look old and tired today, much like last time vs City. Just outmatched physically and unable to play our game. If we had Carvajal or Vasquez available and Valverde providing some pace and energy higher up, it would have been a better contest.

Would have been happy to put money down under better circumstances, but it is what it is. Chelsea has been impressive under Tuchel. Deserved to go through by a larger margin than it was, to be honest. Please beat City and save us some face...
Yeah Chelsea missed so many opportunities and should've scored more goals but I'll take it. The depth of Chelsea is incredible and Tuchel has done a great job balancing the different egos on that team. A lot of good young players coming through their academy, especially Mason Mount. He and Pulisic play well together.

I do hope they beat Man City for sure!!
Appreciate 1
      05-05-2021, 06:58 PM   #9
LaVitaEBella
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Now that's exciting, I hope that they'll win it's been a while since I've watched UEFA Champions League.
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12786.50
      05-05-2021, 08:22 PM   #10
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaVitaEBella View Post
Now that's exciting, I hope that they'll win it's been a while since I've watched UEFA Champions League.
I especially like the fact Pulisic is the first American male to take part in the Champions League final. He scored an incredible goal in the 1st leg and had a sweet assist in today's 2nd leg against Real Madrid. He's in good form right now! I can't wait for that Final!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 08:43 PM   #11
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

#10 Christian Pulisic (USA) and #19 Mason Mount (England) after scoring the final goal. I have a feeling these two guys have a bright future playing together on the pitch.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
GERMAN M34176.50
      05-08-2021, 10:56 PM   #12
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

CHELSEA DOES IT AGAIN!! They beat Man City for the second straight time and they did it in their yard. They will meet one more time in the UEFA Champions League Final and I can't wait.

Thomas Tuchel is the man!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 12:44 PM   #13
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
What the hell are y'all talking about
Football

Oh, wait, Soccer
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 12:52 PM   #14
e90Nate
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
glad to see some more Chelsea supporters here! I am a big fan of TT and what he has done since taking over for Lampard, I never thought a manager could make that much of a difference but just looking out how composed our final 3rd is now speaks volumes.

Not enough respect has been put on Mount and Pulisic they have been playing fantastic, the same can be said about Havertz and Werner. I wonder how the season for Havertz would have looked had he not gotten covid at the beginning of the season. And I cant wait until Werner starts getting his confidence back and putting the ball in the net! His work ethic is amazing and he is setting up chances every game!

We better demolish Arsenal today!
      05-12-2021, 07:02 PM   #15
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90Nate View Post
glad to see some more Chelsea supporters here! I am a big fan of TT and what he has done since taking over for Lampard, I never thought a manager could make that much of a difference but just looking out how composed our final 3rd is now speaks volumes.

Not enough respect has been put on Mount and Pulisic they have been playing fantastic, the same can be said about Havertz and Werner. I wonder how the season for Havertz would have looked had he not gotten covid at the beginning of the season. And I cant wait until Werner starts getting his confidence back and putting the ball in the net! His work ethic is amazing and he is setting up chances every game!

Well that was a total disaster! I can't believe Chelsea lost to Arsenal. What a joke that was. Complete domination of possession and that idiot Jorginho screwed them with that awful back pass. They could've gotten back to 3rd place in the PL but now they are hanging on to 4th for now.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 07:21 PM   #16
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Woohoo! Go Arsenal!!!!!
      05-12-2021, 09:04 PM   #17
e90Nate
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Quote:

Well that was a total disaster! I can't believe Chelsea lost to Arsenal. What a joke that was. Complete domination of possession and that idiot Jorginho screwed them with that awful back pass. They could've gotten back to 3rd place in the PL but now they are hanging on to 4th for now.
This was a huge opportunity that we have wasted! Jorghino is overrated in my mind, never moves the ball forward. I honestly wonder if we were resting players for the FA cup final.
      05-12-2021, 09:18 PM   #18
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
This was a huge opportunity that we have wasted! Jorghino is overrated in my mind, never moves the ball forward. I honestly wonder if we were resting players for the FA cup final.
Yes, Thomas Tuchel blamed himself for this outcome. He rested some key players, but that's not a good excuse. Chelsea is stacked with very good players and they just couldn't close this one. Here's a perfect example of where Chelsea actually struggles. Their finishing. They outshot Arsenal 19-5 and yet had zero goals to show for it. Can't blame it on Werner this time, lol. Havertz had a golden opportunity and blew it.

But yeah, to your point they were resting players such as Kante, Rudiger and Mendy. This match should've been a 0-0 draw at worst. Oh well, they still control their destiny but they need to beat Leicester City next.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 09:21 PM   #19
e90Nate
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, Thomas Tuchel blamed himself for this outcome. He rested some key players, but that's not a good excuse. Chelsea is stacked with very good players and they just couldn't close this one. Here's a perfect example of where Chelsea actually struggles. Their finishing. They outshot Arsenal 19-5 and yet had zero goals to show for it. Can't blame it on Werner this time, lol. Havertz had a golden opportunity and blew it.

But yeah, to your point they were resting players such as Kante, Rudiger and Mendy. This match should've been a 0-0 draw at worst. Oh well, they still control their destiny but they need to beat Leicester City next.
Yeah finishings has really been our issue, havertz could have walked around Leno but skied it.
And you are right our bench is amazing and there is no excuse. I wonder if the rumors of going after Lukaku are true. We need a prolific goal scorer. I know Haaland was on the radar but that price tag is ridiculous!
      05-13-2021, 08:21 PM   #20
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Woohoo! Go Arsenal!!!!!
Boooooo!
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614808.50
      05-13-2021, 08:25 PM   #21
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Yeah finishings has really been our issue, havertz could have walked around Leno but skied it.
And you are right our bench is amazing and there is no excuse. I wonder if the rumors of going after Lukaku are true. We need a prolific goal scorer. I know Haaland was on the radar but that price tag is ridiculous!
They absolutely need someone that can finish. It's pathetic watching Chelsea's forwards missing again and again. Throw someone like Ronaldo's caliber in there and that shit is hitting the back of the net pretty much EVERY time. I love the hustle of Werner but damn he can't finish if his life depended on it. Not sure if the Lukaku rumors are true but I'll be happy if they land a reliably consistent scorer.

Oh and by the way, I agree Jorginho is overrated. I just remembered who they really miss lately and that's Mateo Kovacic. The more I watch him play, the more I realize how much he has helped the midfield move forward effectively and with pace, especially lately. His passing is outstanding. It's a huge blow for Chelsea that he got injured but I hope he can return soon.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 08:39 PM   #22
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Boooooo!
I used to have a colleague at work who was a huge/smug Chelsea fan. It was fun to razz him whenever Arsenal beat Chelsea.

I should probably be rooting for Manchester United, since I am a very small minority owner. Not enough to score free passes at Old Trafford, though.....