E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > Atlanta Hawks are for real!

06-30-2021, 08:30 PM   #23
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Giannis doubtful for G5 but Trae is questionable which means he’ll play. Pivotable game for sure as it could decide the series. If Giannis doesn’t return for the playoffs, Hawks should be in the drivers seat for the finals.

Hard to believe.
I'm almost thinking that the Hawks should rest Trae, especially if Giannis isn't going to play game 5. They can win without him. Other concerning news for the Hawks is Clint Capela is also questionable.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 09:03 PM   #24
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Once again they've taken away home court advantage for the THIRD straight playoff series and they've been huge underdogs in each of those series. HOW ABOUT SOME DAMN RESPECT?!?

Trae Young is ballin' and no one can stop him.
48 points and 11 dishes tonight at Milwaukee's house!!

Where's Luka Doncic? Oh yeah, sitting on his couch watching the playoffs.
Not only that but the Hawks have some talent and are young. I say keep the coach and everything as-is. Great jobs Hawks.
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12786.50
      06-30-2021, 09:55 PM   #25
lakefront
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Macan GTS

Well, at this point I think the Bucks are done. Giannis is prolly out for the rest of the playoffs but the way the team came out last night showed how gutless they are. Check out the analysis by Kenny Smith after the game. Zero preparation by the Bucks....why wasn't Holiday pressuring the ball all the way up the floor from the beginning? Hawks have no real ball handlers beside Young. No ball movement, no defensive pressure at all, jacking up 3s all night and missing them. Coach has to go after this, but the players have to take some responsibility too. Great opportunity to go up 3-1 and go back home and you take the night off? Completely gutless move to me. This series is over as far as I'm concerned.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 10:02 PM   #26
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Well that was a disappointing effort by the Hawks. Couldn't pull their heads out of their ass all night.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 10:44 PM   #27
lakefront
Captain
Rep

If the Bucks had come out in Game 4 with this attitude, the series would be over.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 07:14 AM   #28
Der_Wolf
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G82 Comp

Quote:
Well that was a disappointing effort by the Hawks. Couldn't pull their heads out of their ass all night.
Bucks certainly looked good from the box seats last night
Bobby Portis best player in nba history
Attached Images

///M
Appreciate 2
TiMSport12786.50
lakefront556.00
      07-02-2021, 09:01 AM   #29
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Haha, congrats on a good game last night. We'll get you tomorrow night in the ATL and make for another exciting game 7!
Appreciate 1
Der_Wolf887.00
      07-02-2021, 09:10 AM   #30
Der_Wolf
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Haha, congrats on a good game last night. We'll get you tomorrow night in the ATL and make for another exciting game 7!
Haha, thanks! I think Trae will probably be back tomorrow, and that will be terrible for Milwaukee, especially if Giannis is still out. I'm sure Nate will have his guys prepared for the paint presence the Bucks had last night. I look forward to another exciting game!

///M
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 10:00 AM   #31
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der_Wolf View Post
Haha, thanks! I think Trae will probably be back tomorrow, and that will be terrible for Milwaukee, especially if Giannis is still out. I'm sure Nate will have his guys prepared for the paint presence the Bucks had last night. I look forward to another exciting game!
I don't think they were prepared or expecting Brook Lopez to play like he did. Portis has been a PIA to be sure. They really need Trae back with his ability to penetrate the paint and hit floaters or lob for dunks if he's not hitting 3s. Hawks should've been able to take advantage of Lopez defending the perimeter but sadly they didn't. Too many sloppy turnovers and they didn't bring the same level of energy last night. Looking forward to them bringing it tomorrow in their house.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 10:11 AM   #32
Der_Wolf
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I don't think they were prepared or expecting Brook Lopez to play like he did. Portis has been a PIA to be sure. They really need Trae back with his ability to penetrate the paint and hit floaters or lob for dunks if he's not hitting 3s. Hawks should've been able to take advantage of Lopez defending the perimeter but sadly they didn't. Too many sloppy turnovers and they didn't bring the same level of energy last night. Looking forward to them bringing it tomorrow in their house.
It's amazing how different the games are, based on coaching adjustments. I mean, it's the same players and only 48 hours later, but games 4&5 were complete opposites. Hawks led the whole way in 4 and protected the inside like fort knox, and Bucks led the whole way in 5 and were able to get inside like they knew the code. I have much more faith that Nate will make the proper adjustments in game 6 than I have in Bud.

How about a friendly Sig bet? If the Hawks win the series, then I will put 2021 ATLANTA HAWKS ARE THE BEST TEAM IN THE NBA HISTORY in my sig until after the finals, and you do the same with the Bucks if they win the series

///M
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 11:58 AM   #33
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
It's amazing how different the games are, based on coaching adjustments. I mean, it's the same players and only 48 hours later, but games 4&5 were complete opposites. Hawks led the whole way in 4 and protected the inside like fort knox, and Bucks led the whole way in 5 and were able to get inside like they knew the code. I have much more faith that Nate will make the proper adjustments in game 6 than I have in Bud.

How about a friendly Sig bet? If the Hawks win the series, then I will put 2021 ATLANTA HAWKS ARE THE BEST TEAM IN THE NBA HISTORY in my sig until after the finals, and you do the same with the Bucks if they win the series
I know! I suppose it keeps fans interested, lol. Obviously it's frustrating when you're at the losing end of it though.

As for the Sig bet, alright you're on! God I hope the Hawks win. LOL.
Appreciate 1
Der_Wolf887.00
      07-02-2021, 12:18 PM   #34
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Being from Atlanta, it is very difficult being an Atlanta ____________ fan.

I've been to probably hundreds of Braves games, a LOT of Falcons games (including every home game and playoff game of our infamous 28-3 season), and probably a dozen or so Hawks games.

Without fail, I am let down. Good luck Hawks!
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12786.50
      07-02-2021, 12:27 PM   #35
Der_Wolf
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post

I've been to probably hundreds of Braves games, a LOT of Falcons games (including every home game and playoff game of our infamous 28-3 season), and probably a dozen or so Hawks games.

28-3 season was miserable as a Packers fan. You guys absolutely embarrassed us that playoff game. Julio and Matty Ice were on one that day.

BRING BACK THE THRASHERS

///M
Appreciate 1
      07-02-2021, 12:34 PM   #36
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post

I'm a transplant to Atlanta but I can definitely feel your pain. Coincidentally I went to a few playoff games when Budenholzer was the coach of the Hawks but was of course left disappointed ultimately.

I've been really hoping that this Cinderella-like Hawks team this season can bring some respect to the Atlanta sports scene and at least make up for "some" of the past failures of Atlanta sports. Being from Seattle, I feel good about former Sonics player Nate McMillan taking over as the head coach this season and I truly hope they sign him on for good. They'd be stupid if they didn't but I'm sure it'll be up to Nate in the end. I think he likes this club and sees potential with the great, young core they've got now mixed with solid veterans. This might actually be their best chance to make it to the Finals, luck or not.

Yeah don't remind me of the "28-3" debacle. I thought the Seahawks choked when they played the Pats but the Falcons took the cake.

Let's hope for a good result tomorrow night!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 12:45 PM   #37
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
28-3 season was miserable as a Packers fan. You guys absolutely embarrassed us that playoff game. Julio and Matty Ice were on one that day.

BRING BACK THE THRASHERS
Ha, I remember that season. I was flying back to Atlanta on a business trip and there were a ton of GB fans on the plane who were just obnoxious the entire flight and blabbing away about how they were going to kick the shit out of the Falcons. I was thinking the whole time, nah the Falcons are gonna tear you guys a new one and sure enough, they did. Lol.
Appreciate 1
Der_Wolf887.00
      07-02-2021, 02:37 PM   #38
lakefront
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Ha, I remember that season. I was flying back to Atlanta on a business trip and there were a ton of GB fans on the plane who were just obnoxious the entire flight and blabbing away about how they were going to kick the shit out of the Falcons. I was thinking the whole time, nah the Falcons are gonna tear you guys a new one and sure enough, they did. Lol.
It's hard to believe any Packer fan thought we were gonna win that game. The secondary was starting street free agents and I knew we were gonna get shredded. That amazing finish against Dallas had some fans believing GB was better than they were.....that and a lot of booze.
Appreciate 2
TiMSport12786.50
Der_Wolf887.00
      07-02-2021, 02:50 PM   #39
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakefront View Post
It's hard to believe any Packer fan thought we were gonna win that game. The secondary was starting street free agents and I knew we were gonna get shredded. That amazing finish against Dallas had some fans believing GB was better than they were.....that and a lot of booze.
Lol. Yeah booze will certainly impact the brain cells.
Appreciate 2
lakefront556.00
Der_Wolf887.00
      07-03-2021, 09:21 PM   #40
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

What a fucking disgrace. Playing at home and they are embarrassing themselves. About to throw a brick through my TV.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2021, 08:57 AM   #41
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Well, hats off to the Bucks for pulling it out against my Hawks. Can't believe they were able to do it without Giannis in the lineup. Experience showed up last night and the Hawks just folded. So frustrating to watch that game. Trae was clearly bothered by that ankle injury and they would've been better off playing Lou Williams more but he didn't exactly have a great last couple of games either.

I can only hope that ATL will be better next season and be healthy. They've got a strong core of young players that should be hungry after a bitter taste of defeat being so close to the Finals. They weren't supposed to have gotten this far this season so I guess I can't complain too much.

Good luck against the Suns. It should be a good series.

I'm a man of my word so I will live with the humiliation in my sig until the Finals are over. LOL.
Appreciate 1
Der_Wolf887.00
      07-05-2021, 08:16 PM   #42
Der_Wolf
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well, hats off to the Bucks for pulling it out against my Hawks. Can't believe they were able to do it without Giannis in the lineup. Experience showed up last night and the Hawks just folded. So frustrating to watch that game. Trae was clearly bothered by that ankle injury and they would've been better off playing Lou Williams more but he didn't exactly have a great last couple of games either.

I can only hope that ATL will be better next season and be healthy. They've got a strong core of young players that should be hungry after a bitter taste of defeat being so close to the Finals. They weren't supposed to have gotten this far this season so I guess I can't complain too much.

Good luck against the Suns. It should be a good series.

I'm a man of my word so I will live with the humiliation in my sig until the Finals are over. LOL.
That was a rough game for the Hawks, and Trae was clearly hampered by his injury. Its an unfortunate end of the season for you guys, but a very promising future awaits.

Thanks for being a good sport and I thoroughly enjoyed chatting on here about the series over the past week or so.

PS: I love your sig!

///M
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12786.50
      07-05-2021, 09:48 PM   #43
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
That was a rough game for the Hawks, and Trae was clearly hampered by his injury. Its an unfortunate end of the season for you guys, but a very promising future awaits.

Thanks for being a good sport and I thoroughly enjoyed chatting on here about the series over the past week or so.

PS: I love your sig!
Yeah someone had to lose I guess, doh. The good news is Atlanta signed Nate McMillan to a 4 year contract! They'll be future battles to come.

Of course you love the sig, it was your idea! LOL.
Appreciate 1
Der_Wolf887.00
      07-05-2021, 10:26 PM   #44
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List