E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Retrofitted: Fully electric leather heated seats with memory

11-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #23
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreye90 View Post
Thanks makkan00 do you know any one ho can make me the cables? Thanks
If you can take the photos of the new seats where it shows all the pins and the colours of those cable, then send me those via pm.

Next step would be bringing the car to me, so I can have a look and tweak it if necessary.

Thanks.
      11-11-2013, 05:19 PM   #24
Andreye90
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 320i

Hi

This is the pic . Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2013, 05:20 PM   #25
Andreye90
Rep

Hi

One mor
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-12-2013, 01:49 AM   #26
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

I cant see seat box or heating box there. Are you sure that they are heated seats?
      11-12-2013, 02:31 AM   #27
Andreye90
Rep

Hi

This the pic
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-12-2013, 02:33 AM   #28
Andreye90
Rep

Hi

Can i have your post code ? I live in London as we'll. thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2013, 02:53 AM   #29
chargingbear
Private
Rep
Drives: E91 330D

Just installed heated seats myself but having problems lowering/getting to the fusebox to connect the harness into the correct fuse slots to the rear. Any pointers on how to do this?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2013, 01:17 AM   #30
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargingbear View Post
Just installed heated seats myself but having problems lowering/getting to the fusebox to connect the harness into the correct fuse slots to the rear. Any pointers on how to do this?
missed it somehow. You need to take the fuse box out and run the wires from the back if you are after OEM approach.
      11-22-2013, 08:20 AM   #31
oldbilly
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330d e91 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
The big box in the photo above is a seat module. It can be used to code the heating + heating network added.

However there is a heating module as well. As in the photo above, heating / seating module is missing on the passenger side, therefore it non-heating.

It may not make sense to you but BMW has two options
1- Seat module
2- Heating module

If both seats have seat modules (E93 usually), then it has heating.
If driver seat has seat module and passenger side has heating module, it has heating.
If driver side has seat module and nothing on the passenger side, they are without heating (example above).
On my e91 330d I have a yellow connector under both front seats, does this mean I have heated seats?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2013, 10:03 AM   #32
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbilly View Post
On my e91 330d I have a yellow connector under both front seats, does this mean I have heated seats?
All the connectors which connects the car side harness to seat has yellow tabs on it.
If you had any other boxes, other than the yellow tabs, that could be heating or seating module but not the yellow connectors itself.
      12-04-2013, 07:41 AM   #33
Najt
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92 325D 2008

Hi guys,
I have a question. I have sport textil heated semi electric seats without memory.

I bought full electric heated sport leather seats with memory... do I need some special harnes? or is it plug and play?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 07:25 PM   #34
tontow
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90

Makkan,

I currently have the cloth seats which are part electric (manual back and forward movement).

I have sourced some leather seats which are fully electric, memory and heated.

Would you be willing to fit them (obviously for a price)?

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 03:22 AM   #35
largeproject
Rep
Drives: e91

I have a problem with mine retrofit electric seats.

From the factory, mine E91 equipped with leather and heated seats .
Now I have bought electric seats upholstered seat without heating.
So I have the lining where my car is delivered with factory converted to electric seats .
For the installation , I have both seats tested on the operation , it worked .
Now the passenger seat works perfeckt , the seat and the adjustments work fine .
Only the drivers seat is not that the seat heater would not work I already knew , because it was not present on the purchased electrsiche chair that will be a matter of coding I think.
The drivers seat worked fine yesterday ( except for seat heating) but today he does nothing except the air pump from the back angle ( lorodose ? ) .
Could it be that this is a matter of coding ?
The problem now is that I can dismount this seat because I can not come touch the bolts on the rear of the seat.

I hope you understand what I writing, made this translation with google.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 03:44 AM   #36
muffking
Regular user
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330D M-Sport Auto

Garage List
I'd just like to say well done for taking on (and succeeding with) such a big job. I upgraded my seats earlier this month (see http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=924523 ), but although mine were LCi seats into a pre-LCi, they were not electric, therefore the job for me was much simpler.
      12-27-2013, 04:45 AM   #37
largeproject
Rep

Nice seats, that is something for the further for mine car.

The reason I do not immediately mount electric sports seats is that I could get this electric chairs free and was hoping for a plug and play, because the + and - ,canbus high and low were already present under the seat because I already had seat heating.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 12:38 PM   #38
largeproject
Rep

Update, I have noticed that if the power is diconect some minuts from the seat, then it will move again, so I sepose that it is a canbus problem.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2013, 04:25 AM   #39
Drrncour
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M Sport

Quote:
All the connectors which connects the car side harness to seat has yellow tabs on it.
If you had any other boxes, other than the yellow tabs, that could be heating or seating module but not the yellow connectors itself.
Hi mate,

Just checked under my seats (leather full electric memory) and I have a black com box under each. Both same/ similar boxes. Is this just for the electric seats Or can I buy the wire harness and buttons and they would be heated? If so how much would you charge to fit the wire and code for me, I will get the buttons? (Pm if needed)

Thanks
Darren
Cree angel eyes - 19" 313 OEM alloy wheels - 15mm rear spacers - Black performance Grilles - Alloy pedals - Tinted windows - Shadowline trim - M3 rear Spoiler - Tail light mod - LED interior lighting - k&n panel Filter - Performance Diffuser - Carbon Badges alround - Bluetooth - Air intake scoops - Painted Calipers - Custom Stainless Exhaust

Last edited by Drrncour; 12-28-2013 at 04:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2013, 07:23 AM   #40
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drrncour View Post
Hi mate,

Just checked under my seats (leather full electric memory) and I have a black com box under each. Both same/ similar boxes. Is this just for the electric seats Or can I buy the wire harness and buttons and they would be heated? If so how much would you charge to fit the wire and code for me, I will get the buttons? (Pm if needed)

Thanks
Darren
If they are two small boxes, and similar in sizes on both seat, then they are heated seats.
Can you kindly pm me your vin, the specs of the seats and the specs of new seats (if you know them)?
thanks.
      12-28-2013, 07:24 AM   #41
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by largeproject View Post
Update, I have noticed that if the power is diconect some minuts from the seat, then it will move again, so I sepose that it is a canbus problem.
Some wirings may be at wrong position and have you coded the car?
      12-29-2013, 04:09 AM   #42
largeproject
Rep

Update: after I connect the high en low from the can bus systeem everything works fine, also the seat heating.

No coding,I can do that for the key, but I am the only driver from this car.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 03:40 PM   #43
0zzy
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2 E92 (3series coupe) '08, '11

Quote:
My car had cloth seats. Retrofitting leather seats was on my list and finally a pair came to my local breaker. The only problem was that it was fully electric and heated with memory.

Fitting that to a car which had manual seats was a challenge and I love challenges. Google search revealed that it is possible, however most of the members had some sort of wirings already in their seats. They had to just add K-Can wiring.

Well I bought the seats and started working on it. The parts and the new wirings only cost around £75 which was at the top of the expenses for the leather seats.

So, when it comes to fitting these seats, I had to strip the car including the central arm rest. Stripping that, laying new wires and making sure things worked, took me good 8 hours. I made sure that everything was done properly and no shortcuts!

A photo for reference (Guess what is in the photo)

Next comes coding, which took about 1.5 -2 hours and finally I am happy to say that I have retrofitted full electric heated seats with memory. Everything works and now car is even more pleasure to drive.
Hey mate,

I have two BMW 3 serie coupes (E92). One is a feb '10 320D auto with manual black seats. Before I sell the '07 plate 320i coupe I need to move the car's cream leathers (electronic) into the '10 plate model.

I've encountered so many problems with doing this, no mechanic is willing to try.

I recently found a part-time mechanic who lives down the road. He is very capable in most areas of auto-works. However in the electrical department he isn't so skilled.

I just read this thread and of course it appears that not only have you done this but are also very skilled in the field.

I was wondering if you were willing to give me your number and as he starts the work if he were to run into some issue he could call you for tips and guidance?

Please get back to me, cheers.

0zzy.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2014, 04:26 AM   #44
0zzy
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2 E92 (3series coupe) '08, '11

Update - sometimes the solution is under your nose !

A chap who lives on my street did the swap and charged me £150 but he has not done the coding. I need to get that done now.

He had to lay new wires etc but it is looking ... fantastic !!!
Appreciate 0