E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Crohns & Colitis Foundation

05-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
jm3as
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 328i

Crohns & Colitis Foundation

Outside of the NW Forums, you may not know who i am. But my girlfriend Aara & I have registered to participate in our first ever Triathlon which will be held in San Diego, CA, sponsored by Land Rover, on September 9, 2012.

We have a very hefty goal of over $8,800 to reach by this time. Neither my girlfriend nor I live with Crohn’s or Colitis disease, but this shouldn’t be a reason for us not to give back to those who live with this un-curable auto-immune disease. My girlfriend was recently diagnosed with an auto immune disease known as Alopecia.

I pray that our future children do not have to live a life with a life altering disease; but if such an event happens, I hope that those who reach out and see the importance of giving back aren’t only those who become directly affected. Any support or donations are deeply appreciated. It's time for us to give back to those in need.

Anything will help!!

http://www.active.com/donate/nwseattletri/aaraandjmeas

facebook.com/jmeasphotography | jmeas.4ormat.com | IG: jmeasphotography

Last edited by jm3as; 05-10-2012 at 03:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #2
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI

my mom was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis 6 years ago, this actually caught my attention very quickly. She was diagnosed with another autoimmune disease called hemolytic anemia in December 2011. No one should ever have to live with this disease as i have seen all of her struggles. This past friday she finally had surgery to remove her entire colon and spleen. Her condition got to a point where surgery was the only option and it had to be performed rather immediately. She is recovering well and should be back on her feet within a couple of months, I wish your girlfriend the best in her fight with alopecia.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #3
jm3as
Brigadier General
Rep

i'm really sorry to hear, i hope her fast recover. i was actually very oblivious and didnt even know what colitis and crohns was before yesterday's registration. but again, i believe those that open up and give back shouldn't be solely based on the fact that they live with the disease.

hopefully you can donate a dollar or anything to our charity!

and thank you for the kind words for my gf. its rough because shes 24, and a dance performer and teacher and loves performing on stage. the "last resolution" to have her buy a wig is a scary but realistic thought for her. thanks again BK

Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 10:08 PM   #4
jm3as
Brigadier General
Rep

anything would help guys. so far there's been 62 views. if we could each donate even $1, we'd be $62 closer. please please help the foundation.

my gf and i plan to get married next year. every dollar that we are short of 8800, will come directly out of our wedding funds, but its a risk we are willing to take to help others. i'm not going to lie, i've always felt like i've lived a pretty selfish life, and i'm money hungry. its my turn to do something worth working towards, i hope someone can donate anything at all. thanks again.

Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 10:14 PM   #5
jm3as
Brigadier General
Rep

if you have any questions, or want to read more about the legitimacy of the CC Foundation of America, you can check this link out.

http://www.ccteamchallenge.org/

Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 10:38 PM   #6
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm3as View Post
i'm really sorry to hear, i hope her fast recover. i was actually very oblivious and didnt even know what colitis and crohns was before yesterday's registration. but again, i believe those that open up and give back shouldn't be solely based on the fact that they live with the disease.

hopefully you can donate a dollar or anything to our charity!

and thank you for the kind words for my gf. its rough because shes 24, and a dance performer and teacher and loves performing on stage. the "last resolution" to have her buy a wig is a scary but realistic thought for her. thanks again BK
its all really tough to deal with but it gives a great perspective of how precious life is. Your gf is young, she can fight it! Just make sure she stays positive and ensure that she has a great support group. Once my mom comes back from the hospital and our family is all back in order we are definitely planning on donating money. Im also a regular blood donor because i know how precious blood can be for people with colitis. My mom had over 9 blood transfusions over the past 4 months and finding blood was a real struggle. Since my mom is virtually cured of this disease we know the struggles of this disease. I want to make sure that no one ever has to go through this in their life. If you ever need someone to talk to im here man. I know im a stranger but sometimes having someone who knows what you are going through can help. You can PM me anytime you like. I wish your GF the very best!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 11:10 PM   #7
jm3as
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKap08 View Post
its all really tough to deal with but it gives a great perspective of how precious life is. Your gf is young, she can fight it! Just make sure she stays positive and ensure that she has a great support group. Once my mom comes back from the hospital and our family is all back in order we are definitely planning on donating money. Im also a regular blood donor because i know how precious blood can be for people with colitis. My mom had over 9 blood transfusions over the past 4 months and finding blood was a real struggle. Since my mom is virtually cured of this disease we know the struggles of this disease. I want to make sure that no one ever has to go through this in their life. If you ever need someone to talk to im here man. I know im a stranger but sometimes having someone who knows what you are going through can help. You can PM me anytime you like. I wish your GF the very best!
i really appreciate that. it's really tough, although her alopecia isn't life or death, its definitely life altering. i wish your family the best, i'll definitely reach out to you here and there. thanks again!!!

Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 02:43 AM   #8
beamerblitz
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

Sorry for asking, but what kind of alopecia? There's kinds of it thats why, and does she has secondary disease?
Crohns is pretty bad, imagine your large intestine it looks like a burrito, not fun at all

ps: saw some cases already on this types of diseases, and you dont want to see it, not for the weak heart.
      05-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #9
jm3as
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamerblitz View Post
Sorry for asking, but what kind of alopecia? There's kinds of it thats why, and does she has secondary disease?
Crohns is pretty bad, imagine your large intestine it looks like a burrito, not fun at all

ps: saw some cases already on this types of diseases, and you dont want to see it, not for the weak heart.
alopecia areota is patches of balding to total balding of the entire body, eyebrows, eyelashes. theres no cure and no explanation or pattern as to why it happens. this happens to relatively very healthy people. my gf is a choreographer, dance and acting teacher, 24 yrs old, and very active in the gym and daily life.

because this happens to healthy people, the medical board doesn't see it as a disease that needs much focus. the result of that is very little support, or money towards any clinical research. a lot of doctors actually know little to nothing about what it is or how to treat it.

a friend of ours went to medical school and told us their text book literally had no more than 2 sentences going over alopecia. thankfully, my gf doesn't have any life threatening disease, but its definitely life altering. for a beautiful woman like herself who lives on stage and lives to perform and teach others, yet to deal with balding and possibly wearing wigs for the rest of her life and tattooing her eyebrows. its heart wrenching for me to see her like that.

i plan to propose to her next month. since she's been diagnosed, she keeps wondering if i still want to be with her. without a doubt in my mind, her engagement ring is almost done mounting as we speak

heres a picture of us . sorry, that explanation turned into a long winded read.

Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 02:37 PM   #10
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep

your a good guy my friend
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #11
jm3as
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKap08
your a good guy my friend
Why try to be anything else, but a person you yourself, and someone else can respect.

I'm trying to be someone she deserves. Appreciate all your words and support BK

Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #12
jm3as
Brigadier General
Rep

If you can pass my donation link to any of your co workers, friends or family I would really appreciate it. I'll be down in San Diego w her from sept 7-10. Not sure how far you are from san Diego. But a quick meet up n beer would be awesome

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #13
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Prius

I have chrons disease and am very interested in this
      05-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #14
jm3as
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPWINCH View Post
I have chrons disease and am very interested in this
i actually knew nothing about this disease until the day i registered. I'm sorry to hear your circumstances. Check out www.ccfa.org if you haven't already.

i'll be competing in the Rock San Diego Triathlon.

if you can donate even a buck, my direct team donation page for my gf and i is located here:

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #15
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Prius

Quote:
i actually knew nothing about this disease until the day i registered. I'm sorry to hear your circumstances. Check out www.ccfa.org if you haven't already.

i'll be competing in the Rock San Diego Triathlon.

if you can donate even a buck, my direct team donation page for my gf and i is located here:

thanks. i donated 100 bucks. Glad I can help. I appreciate you raising awarness
      05-04-2012, 01:55 PM   #16
edirtaynine
Major General
Rep
Drives: e92

done. best of wishes and fortune to her and you both. if you're ever in la, hit me up and ill take both of you out to lunch. i would do the same thing if i were in your shoes. props to doing what you can for those you love.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 02:11 PM   #17
jm3as
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by edirtaynine View Post
done. best of wishes and fortune to her and you both. if you're ever in la, hit me up and ill take both of you out to lunch. i would do the same thing if i were in your shoes. props to doing what you can for those you love.
wow, thank you so much for donating. even though my lady doesn't have this exact immune disease, to see these large amounts being sent to such a foundation makes us feel thankful that there are people around who care.

last night, after day two, she asked me if she thinks we got in over our head with trying to raise this much money. it was before any donations came in. i'm calling her right now to let her know we gathered 4 in the past 24 hours!

thanks again edirtaynine. i can't tell you enough. i was actually born in Houston, and have been to LA once, with the cars i've seen you post down there, and people like you, i hope to one day visit again. thanks again friend

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #18
jm3as
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPWINCH View Post
thanks. i donated 100 bucks. Glad I can help. I appreciate you raising awarness
i dont even know what to say to you and Edirtay....i asked in the other forums for even $1 from the amount of people that viewed, and you two come through BIG. way to give back! deep down, i know i've been blessed with probably more than i deserve, so i'm trying my best to give back. thank you two so much again

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #19
edirtaynine
Major General
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
wow, thank you so much for donating. even though my lady doesn't have this exact immune disease, to see these large amounts being sent to such a foundation makes us feel thankful that there are people around who care.

last night, after day two, she asked me if she thinks we got in over our head with trying to raise this much money. it was before any donations came in. i'm calling her right now to let her know we gathered 4 in the past 24 hours!

thanks again edirtaynine. i can't tell you enough. i was actually born in Houston, and have been to LA once, with the cars i've seen you post down there, and people like you, i hope to one day visit again. thanks again friend

houston! if you're from houston, you're coo with me. i have a personal sentiment for that city. holla when you're in town. drinks on me fo sho.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 03:41 PM   #20
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep

moms back at home now, made a generous donation
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #21
jm3as
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKap08 View Post
moms back at home now, made a generous donation
wow. talk about really supporting us. can't thank you guys enough...i wish your mom a speedy recovery buddy

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 05:34 PM   #22
jm3as
Brigadier General
Rep

please keep the support coming! if you only have $1, thats more than enough!!

Appreciate 0