E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Adding only the chirp without prewire

03-15-2018, 08:13 PM   #1
TophDogg
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 328i

Adding only the chirp without prewire

First post here. All the searches have referred to adding alarm system. I’m really not concerned with having the alarm, but would like to have the audible chirp upon lock/unlock. I have access to wiring diagrams and have found the siren gets it signal through the blinky mirror, which I do not have. I know I can find a way to wire in the alarm to the hazard switch, but would like to know if anyone has any other ideas as to adding it without the full alarm/coding install. Thanks 🤙
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 01:23 PM   #2
e90yyc
Art Collector
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi (GM-delete 6MT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TophDogg View Post
First post here. All the searches have referred to adding alarm system. I’m really not concerned with having the alarm, but would like to have the audible chirp upon lock/unlock. I have access to wiring diagrams and have found the siren gets it signal through the blinky mirror, which I do not have. I know I can find a way to wire in the alarm to the hazard switch, but would like to know if anyone has any other ideas as to adding it without the full alarm/coding install. Thanks 🤙
99.9% sure that siren is required in order to output this beep/chirp. In order to make it work, you'd almost certainly just need to do the alarm retrofit unfortunately...

Just reviewed some of the technical documentation and all signs point to this.

Let me know if you discover otherwise, though!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 05:57 PM   #3
TophDogg
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 328i

I figured as much, but I’m sure there are other who would want this. The factory siren is pretty cheap on eBay so I think I’ll order it and play with some wiring to see if I can’t figure a clean way to install it without the entire retrofit.
Appreciate 0