E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > E90 ECU Rescue Team.. Calling all Coders..

07-10-2017, 11:25 AM   #45
FKingBear
Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i Sport+

Oh I'm in it to win it.. I just got a 3 car garage and a huge driveway plus a dog run that I would never put my dog in. Its a full steel cage not chain link either. Its beef and then some. Super flat concrete bottom I plan to stain and seal, then I'm parking my Integra in it covered nicely.

I'm just like that, one of those no project to big or small, plus I plan on bricking them all again possibly..
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2019, 06:07 AM   #46
FKingBear
Noob
United_States
Rep

I'm still here and an update is coming..

I recovered all of the modules except 2.. I'll explain how and what I plan to do next.. I'm finally setting up the car and laptop it has been a faithful joy to drive this whole time. Ive recently gotten a speeding ticket though because the speedometer does not work in the car and I SLOWED down to 90mph.. :/ Thought I was going 85mph and it was a 70mph limit road (I-5N) from LA to Oregon to visit my ill grandparents who have recovered completely I just paid the ticket Now to finish this..

Last edited by FKingBear; 09-25-2019 at 09:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 03:25 PM   #47
FKingBear
Noob
United_States
Rep

So I had physically broken or disconnected modules without realizing it. The steering clock got moved over a turn when I fixed the steering column lock and tore the ribbons to pieces. This was the reason for my wipers never shutting off. Just a ribbon of copper shorting the switch. Ive had the relay removed for almost a year . IDK where I even put the wipers but I know I have them here somewhere.

I updated my entire install of ISTA-P to a newer version after fixing the physically broken or disconnected modules and everything just fixed itself. I'm left with four modules left to do a manual entry on. I'll post a screen shot but it I'm confused as to what it wants from me I realize it wants part numbers but the WHOLE number or part or it? I can't figure this last part out.. Seems like it should be easy if I knew what to do.

Last edited by FKingBear; 09-25-2019 at 09:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 02:19 AM   #48
FKingBear
Noob
United_States
Rep

Talking Some pics of where I'm at..

So I used real OEM to find the part numbers for the (BASIC) modules thinking that was what I was supposed to do then for the (PROGRAMMED) modules it was asking for in pic one I looked at the module control tree in ISTA-P and used the numbers listed under the "details" tab.. Ill get a screen shot of that here in a min to add to it but the last 3 pics are of the error messages I'm' getting. Maybe it means something is unplugged? help if you can like if you hate.. stay if you like.. Its you're life don't let me tell you what to do, but you can tell me just about anything right now :D lol
Attached Images

Last edited by FKingBear; 09-25-2019 at 09:56 AM.. Reason: Smaller Pics
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 03:42 AM   #49
FKingBear
Noob
United_States
Rep

ISTA+

I should have been a little more clear when I said I fixed my car, I got the modules to come back to life, 2 of them but the other 2 were physically disconnected from cut wiring.
Previous owner had some kind of mod on the headlights and fogs that tapped into the LDM up in the front bumper. I didn't know this because it was all taped up like nothing was ever done. When I couldn't get the modules to respond I took my time and found each one in the car physically and checked all wires going to and from with OHMS.. found shorts, soldered and repaired everything I could find nice and clean so now they show up in ISTA-P..
Thinking after I solve every issue left in ISTA+ then I might have to use NFS or WinkFP and check force programming using my original ZB numbers. I found EVERY SP DATEN set in existence.. I have them all.
I'm piling them together to include all older files to create an SP Master collection and trying to bind INPA and the rest of those programs to the install for ISTA+ and P.. While the new stuff is shiny and nice WinkFP and manually flashing ZB numbers to the modules that were connected made them at least show back up with errors. Screen shots of where I'm at in ISTA+ coming before morning.
I'm doing all this for smog, so another question is.. can I mod my FA or VO and remove the active cruise and steering for a min to get my ECU to ready for smog.. I have NO check engine lights except for the active steering and LDM.. Im going to further inspect the LDM for damage here in a sec too I have the front bumper skin off might as well.. I noticed not all e90s have LDMs or at least not in the front grill where mine is.. Will edit this, add pics and sort sections after I return from garage adventures.

I figured most of this out using ISTA+ or D as Sensible had mentioned to me more in the beginning of this thread.. It gave me errors for voltage to certain modules and told me where to begin checking for shorts in the first place but having built bikes and Hondas before, this was my first time grasping something this immense as far as electrical goes. One wire at a time is how its done though.. My main issue I'm having at the moment is when I install (INPA,WinkFP,NCS,NFS) They interfere with the patched Edibias settings for ISTA+ and ISTA-P.. Its a work in progress but I want to get comfortable so I can really dig in.

I plan to mod the modules themselves and add sensors or other hardware down the road. I plan on adding a Rotrex and methanol down the road, installing a 335i mechatronic sleeve in my ZF trans and M3 limited slip diff.. I want it to all work like factory added options.

Im a stickler for OEM everything even on Hondas. I never really fit into the Honda crowd. I was the guy pleading with them to not stretch their tires. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate well built added features or performance but it TRULY must be better than OEM for me to buy into it.

Oh I have Discord if anyone wants to get a better idea of what I'm doing, even for entertainment at this point, just message me I'll send Discord info.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 09:20 PM   #50
FKingBear
Noob
United_States
Rep

So I replaced the DSC with a known good used one. Still getting the same errors I attached a PDF of the printout, if anyone needs I can turn it into a picture as well and crop it down a bit, Just ask and thy will be done. I'm almost certain now that I have a physical wire broken still or disconnected. Im poking through the service manual and saving pages of Electrical pin-outs and the connector paths they take for further testing. Here's to hoping its a wire
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 20191008_195323_Operations_report_VIN7-PS12938.pdf (43.6 KB, 252 views)

Last edited by FKingBear; 10-08-2019 at 10:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 10:18 PM   #51
FKingBear
Noob
United_States
Rep

I am using an ICOM NEXT I said in the beginning Im certain its a clone. I did also upgrade the ISTA-P loader to 6.4ver and I read somewhere that only 6.1ver includes the ICOM emulator?? not sure if its even relevant but for giggles Im downgrading the launcher and trying it again. Did notice that when I first turn on my car the wipers never stop until the car is started.. Not sure if that's just because programing is all screwed up or again due to a shorted circuit.. if I remove the relay they stop.. I think if the downgrade doesn't prove fruitful I'm headed back into the steering column its the place Ive done the most work so I feel that's my next area of mass inspection.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 10:38 PM   #52
FKingBear
Noob
United_States
Rep

Was thinking.. KOMBI ZB number is 9242396 pretty sure this is for the 335i I think I may have wrong firmware on some of these modules and I may need to go back and flash them in WINK with correct ZBs before the DSC can respond. Might also be the reason my wipers have been doing this since the day I flashed them all with the wrong firmware files. I have the bottom half of my cluster working and blinkers work but the wiper functions and speed, tach do not work. Even if the wipers turn off after the car is started the column switch does not turn them back on. More to come, don't be shy if you have any ideas.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 05:28 PM   #53
FKingBear
Noob
United_States
Rep

Its a short, wiring short or fuse short. pin data logged on same car at DSC end shows my cars is speaking retard to the DSC.. I now know where to look.. I can run a jumper wire and everything works great.. I have no engine splash guards.. and something like 400k miles LOL HARD HARD miles.. Something under the DCS (wire or connector) is just partially screwed up and when I tested stuff it may have had a decent connection for a second. Will post the culprit when I find it.
      03-21-2021, 04:25 AM   #54
nZmsan
Rep
Drives: 2005 E90 325i

Hey mate,
Sorry to resurrect an old thread - but I have the EXACT SAME ISSUE as you! Thank all things Holy that you decided to document your entire experience, even when nobody was responding to you.

My situation is slightly different to yours:
- 2006 E92 323i Manual
- Purchase vehicle not running due to Waterlogged DME; replacement 2nd hand DME included in sale, requires coding with vehicle systems.
- Initial read 12 modules; saved UIF page for all modules
- KDCan > OBDII Cable w/ Switch (Red plug; works with all programs incl MHD, ISTA+ etc)
- Flashed ZUSB Updatge to JBBF87 module with WinkFP as initial trial run
- Software/s now only read 1 module: JBBF module with YYYYYYY ZUSB and 255.255.255 for almost all other columns.
- No other modules can be found
- ISTA P cannot extract VO from anywhere
- ISTA D cannot make communicate with vehicle's ECU
- Winkp does not recognise any other modules; when trying to adding a new module via ZUSB update, response is 'FLASH ERROR/MODULE OK'
- INPA displays IFH-009 or IFH-010 errors

I've been reading and researching for days, however every solution seems to be dependant on the ability to read CAS/FRM, or extract VO/VIN, none of which I have been able to facilitate with any success.

After 8 days of banging my head against a wall, installing/uninstalling/reinstalling every program at least 3 times, I've finally come to the conclusion...that....

I HAVE REACHED THE LIMIT OF MY ABILITIES AND I NEED HELP

If OP is reading this, any and all advice will be tremenedously appreciated; or if any other member has experience and can help, or even willing to Remote access my laptop, I would be happy to pay any reasonable amount.

This is my first post here; Moderators if i have violated any forum rules please let me know.

Otherwise,

I eagerly wait a response from anyone

This community rocks; thank you all in advance!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 01:07 PM   #55
elthox
Private
Rep
Drives: E91 330xd stage 1

This is attributed to jbe. Did the flash conclude successfully? Did you also code it after?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 06:13 AM   #56
nZmsan
Rep

Hi Elthox,

Thanks for your response. The JBBF is the only unit that appears now in any program's search.

Here are the UIF numbers before the flash:

Name:  BMW E92 323i - IUF Numbers - Before.JPG
Views: 152
Size:  111.2 KB

Here are the UIF numbers AFTER the flash:

Name:  BMW E92 323i - IUF Numbers - After.JPG
Views: 136
Size:  81.2 KB

Unfortunately I don't have the IDENT window also.

Are you suggesting that I re-flash the JBE module?

Is there any way of extracting the VO data file from the JBE unit alone using INPA or any other program? I have a printout of the VO but not a datafile.

If I have the VO, I will be able to upload it into ISTA-P and hopefully the rest will be pretty straightforward.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 06:17 AM   #57
nZmsan
Rep

I've just tried to read the JBE via INPA and the following error message has come up:

Name:  BMW E92 323i - JBE INPA Error Code.JPG
Views: 140
Size:  25.1 KB

I think I'll start another post with my problem as people are probably disregarding a thread name they've gotten used to over the past few months.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 06:52 AM   #58
nZmsan
Rep

Ok - I managed to fix the problem thanks to elthox's suggestion of re-flashing the JBE unit. I updated all my daten to 60.1 that I found last night, Updated ZUSB using WINKFP, and all 11 modules have re-appeared.

Now I can get back to my original task of re-coding a new DME into the vehicle after replacing a water damaged unit.

Thank you elthox and Bless E90 Post!!!
Appreciate 0