E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > What do you think? (Mods question from a newb)

01-18-2012, 09:06 PM   #23
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewNole2001 View Post
Doing meth is probably a bad idea.
Please explain, I'd like to hear your inputs. 100's of us daily drive with meth for years and never once had an issue. In-fact, it's the 2nd best bang for the buck power mod you can do. Lets see here:
- cools cylinder temps - check
- increases octane and supplements our lack of fuel - check
- potential to clean carbon build up in intake manifold - check

Win win for me.
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /

Last edited by Syndicategt; 01-18-2012 at 09:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 09:23 PM   #24
Jeef
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicategt View Post
Please explain, I'd like to hear your inputs and your personal use in that Ford Fusion Hybrid. 100's of us daily drive with meth for years and never once had an issue. In-fact, it's the 2nd best bang for the buck power mod you can do. Lets see here:
- cools cylinder temps - check
- increases octane and supplements our lack of fuel - check
- potential to clean carbon build up in intake manifold - check

Win win for me.
It was a joke... Meth the drug if you still didn't get it.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 09:44 PM   #25
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef View Post
It was a joke... Meth the drug if you still didn't get it.
Lets see...last I checked, this is a car fourm and it's next to impossible to decipher humor when it's methanol is commonly discussed on here, especially when advice was asked. But thanks for making that clear
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #26
deven8703
Rep
Drives: 08 335XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicategt View Post
Lets see...last I checked, this is a car fourm and it's next to impossible to decipher humor when it's methanol is commonly discussed on here, especially when advice was asked. But thanks for making that clear
That, sir, is exactly what makes it funny.

The only downside I can think about meth is that if all of the fail-safes fail and your car depends on it, you can blow your engine. I don't think most of the kits with tunes for sale to the average consumer would ever come close to this point, though.

One question I have for you meth addicts, how long does it take to go through a gallon while daily driving?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #27
NewNole2001
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 328i, 2015 F8

Quote:
Originally Posted by deven8703 View Post

Anyways.. Would have been here to respond earlier, but for some reason, wasn't getting emails for this thread. Yeah, was a joke, moving on. I quite like my Fusion Hybrid, though I am taking PCD of an E93 to replace in on 2/10. I will miss being able to drive from my house in Tallahassee all the way to Maryland on one fuel stop though.

But yeah Meth (the drug) is bad, mmkay.
Meth(the mod) is good.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #28
JamesM3M5
Some dude
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

It was the subtle wording of "Doing" that made the joke. I didn't get it at first, either.

I go through a gallon (when the WW low warning comes on) maybe every 2-3 weeks. The first gallon went fast, though . Daily driven about 21 miles a day + all other non-commute driving around for about 1000 miles a month.
      01-19-2012, 02:43 PM   #29
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by deven8703 View Post

The only downside I can think about meth is that if all of the fail-safes fail and your car depends on it, you can blow your engine. I don't think most of the kits with tunes for sale to the average consumer would ever come close to this point, though.

One question I have for you meth addicts, how long does it take to go through a gallon while daily driving?

If you use a meth kit that has an actual flow meter with a intergeated tune/controller that is able to drop boost and retard timing immediately in response to a flow stoppage, there is virtually no added risk. And the consumption rate with our pwm meth kit is very low. A tank of meth, which costs around $5 to fill will last 1-2 weeks depending on how hard you drive. There are a lot of subpar meth kit applications which give meth injection a bad name. Do your research and pick the right kit. You will pick up huge power and run safer than a "high" pump gas only tune trying to run at the knock threshold.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 03:16 PM   #30
JamesM3M5
Some dude
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@topgearsolutions View Post
I havnt heard anyone mention VK parts in a while as I think they are out of business.

I always recommend my power packages for combo deals.

Comes with your choice of tune, BMS DCI intake and ETS Intercooler.

Downpipes would probably add more power then intercooler at first.

Of course we could always package a deal to cater to your request but those are the most popular things sold.
Package deal from a supporting vendor FTW - what could be better?
      01-20-2012, 12:28 PM   #31
wreaks610
Sponge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesM3M5 View Post
Package deal from a supporting vendor FTW - what could be better?
Couldn't agree more, I'll be ordering something soon. Really great deals on there!
Appreciate 0