E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Review of the PROcede Rev3

08-29-2018, 01:53 AM   #67
ariman
Rep
Drives: 335i m-sport e93 n54 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus335iguy View Post
Don't be so sensitive ariman
The guys here are a friendly helpful bunch and whilst the delivery might not be what you expect the advice is sound.
For the cost of a cable, the app and an android device you are FAR better off with MHD for your car.
There's a reason why lots of people moved on from back then. Mostly because it's a better mouse trap, it's supported and a lot more people can help. Good luck mate
Yeah understand this is funny issue here and old tune, my only problem is limp mode too often and even not loose any power if there was fix this problem somehow what I looked.
MHD looks easy and good but needs anroid phone lol...i use iphone...ok tablet suite that perfectly. Load so long and when go back stock not so easy as procede and changing maps. Well MHD will be good possibility, maybe cobb also good one.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 08:46 AM   #68
EB89
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i e92 DCT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariman View Post
Yeah understand this is funny issue here and old tune, my only problem is limp mode too often and even not loose any power if there was fix this problem somehow what I looked.
MHD looks easy and good but needs anroid phone lol...i use iphone...ok tablet suite that perfectly. Load so long and when go back stock not so easy as procede and changing maps. Well MHD will be good possibility, maybe cobb also good one.
No Cobb, no proceed

Both are dead on this platform

Buy a cheap android tablet
MHD map switching is fast enough not to be a consideration for not purchasing it.

Super easy to flash back to stock, press the stock map then press flash

Do some research
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 01:51 AM   #69
Coupes33
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 335i, 2017 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariman View Post
I have used all of these. My first was a Procede V4 tune which got my stock 335i down to 12.9s. It was a first generation piggyback system which was renown for bringing up limp modes because they have to trick the OEM ECU into getting certain results. The next generation tuner was the Cobb AP which actually changed the tune in the OEM ECU. I got my car down to 11.28s with a custom tune using the Cobb. It gave me absolutely no issues and was easy to change tunes. The latest generation tuner is the MHD which does the same as the Cobb but has extra parameters and is favoured by most of the top tuners as they can achieve better results and there are more parameters that can be datalogged. MHD is the way to go currently.

Last edited by Coupes33; 08-30-2018 at 05:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 07:37 AM   #70
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupes33 View Post
I have used all of these. My first was a Procede V4 tune which got my stock 335i down to 12.9s. It was a first generation piggyback system which was renown for bringing up limp modes because they have to trick the OEM ECU into getting certain results. The next generation tuner was the Cobb AP which actually changed the tune in the OEM ECU. I got my car down to 11.28s with a custom tune using the Cobb. It gave me absolutely no issues and was easy to change tunes. The latest generation tuner is the MHD which does the same as the Cobb but has extra parameters and is favoured by most of the top tuners as they can achieve better results and there are more parameters can be datalogged. MHD is the way to go currently.
Why is this thread still active??
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 05:42 PM   #71
terminator335i
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i

6year old thread coming back to life FTW!
Appreciate 0