E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Europe (Continental) > My people in Germany!!!

10-07-2015, 02:27 PM   #1
sd_luis
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325I

My people in Germany!!!

Do you guys know if it is required to have catalytic converter to drive in Germany? If not im thinking about removing them lol
      11-05-2015, 01:48 PM   #2
Yborg
Registered
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i E92 (N51)

Garage List
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Germans are very anal when it comes to regulations governing Motor vehicles (kfz). Here is one example and it only goes from there, according to the rules here even when you change rims on your car, they have to be inspected and certified safe and operational on your vehicle by TÜV for which you receive a certificate. So if you remove your catalytic converters, i have to honestly say without any BS that the cops would jail you for that offense! It may sound crazy but you would be braking so many environmental laws and regulations that they would bury you in it. The bureaucracy is a nightmare here, but in the end there is a good reason to all the madness.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 11:23 PM   #3
AlpineWhiteF30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW ///M4 Mosselman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_luis View Post
Do you guys know if it is required to have catalytic converter to drive in Germany? If not im thinking about removing them lol
After inspection you're good. Are you American?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 05:02 AM   #4
Krelle
Captain
Denmark
Rep
Drives: M2C

Hi Guy's,

Any of you having experience with Turbo-Technik-Hamburg?

I'm looking for a reliable rebuild/balancing company.

Thanks in advance,
Krelle
      10-01-2016, 07:24 AM   #5
Ryan N
Germany
Rep
Drives: 325d

Germans take emission very seriously. I believe removing a catalytic converter or a diesel particulate filter on a road car is a criminal offense.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2016, 12:21 PM   #6
335dsleeper
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09' 335d 10'35D

Does anyone have a source for used BMW parts in the Stuttgart area?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 07:53 AM   #7
ChawenHalo
Second Lieutenant
France
Rep
Drives: E91 330d XDrive LCI M Pack

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yborg View Post
Germans are very anal when it comes to regulations governing Motor vehicles (kfz). Here is one example and it only goes from there, according to the rules here even when you change rims on your car, they have to be inspected and certified safe and operational on your vehicle by TÜV for which you receive a certificate. So if you remove your catalytic converters, i have to honestly say without any BS that the cops would jail you for that offense! It may sound crazy but you would be braking so many environmental laws and regulations that they would bury you in it. The bureaucracy is a nightmare here, but in the end there is a good reason to all the madness.
I think that's a good thing. Over here it a bit of a mess... Some régulations are very strict and yet there is no easy simple way to chack if your car was either accident, theft etc before buying. No checks on "style" alloys either etc. even thought mods could technically nulify your insurance. Bit of a joke TBH.
Appreciate 0