E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Another plane crash (yeah, ANOTHER Airbus)

06-30-2009, 09:58 AM   #23
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
This happened in february at Schiphol airport Amsterdam:
Don't forget there was a fairy new 737-800 that crashed at Cameroon last year...but media only covered for a short while and forgot it.....
as well as the 737-800 that caught on fire in Okinawa-Naha airport....turns out to be a poor design slat bolt that punctured the fuel tank when the slats were retracts...

thank god no one seriously injured and died and we found the cause and makes 737 a safer aircraft....
      06-30-2009, 10:13 AM   #24
chazzz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Chrysler 300S

Southwest flies 737s more than any carrier in the world (over five hundred Boeing 737s). According to Southwest website, they fly 3,300 flights PER day.

Not even one, single fatal crash by Southwest Airlines!!

I guess the founder and president Herb knocks on the wood every morning in his office, along with his lucky old 20 year old coffe mug.

CURRENT - 2018 Chrysler 300S, Crystal Granite Metallic.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2009, 10:31 AM   #25
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzz View Post
Southwest flies 737s more than any carrier in the world (over five hundred Boeing 737s). According to Southwest website, they fly 3,300 flights PER day.

Not even one, single fatal crash by Southwest Airlines!!

I guess the founder and president Herb knocks on the wood every morning in his office, along with his lucky old 20 year old coffe mug.
wasn't Southwest was fined by the FAA last year for maintenance issues???

There are also thousands of Airbus flying around the world....with Boeing and Airbus share about 50/50 of the world wide aviation....we were used to have some Boeing crashed and a few Airbuses because there wasn't that many 15 years ago....now they both share the same amount of market...in terms of probability.....there's going to be more Airbus accidents....

it doesn't matter how brillant the aircraft was manufactured or the control system was....flying with morons and irresponsible airlines....careless-ness and ignorance on maintenance will lead to accidents....
      06-30-2009, 11:42 AM   #26
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

LOL why are you so worried about it? Do you work for EADS or are you an investor?
      06-30-2009, 12:01 PM   #27
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
LOL why are you so worried about it? Do you work for EADS or are you an investor?
I'm just sick and tired of the media made an impression of "airbus is unsafe"....its not like back then when Comet kept falling out of the sky because of poor design....but media jumped into a conclusion and made an impression that airbus is unsafe to attract public attention and fear (given fear is a very powerful tool to the media)....
      06-30-2009, 12:41 PM   #28
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

When I first flew on an airbus about 8 yrs ago, I told people I was flying with I was not real comfortable flying an airbus, this company has not been around a long time, it was a government sponsored, made up of a bunch of little companies forces to worked together for the good of the EU and to compete against Boeing. Also they had not had their share of accidents like Boeing and McDonald Douglass which caused them to improved their designs over time.

My prediction at the time has finally come true, Airbuses are falling from the sky.

Keep in mind Boeing planes fly far more miles and have more totally mileage then airbus so they are doing better, also the fleet is older then airbus and that says alot.

The only other plane I was ever concern about flying on was an L1011, that was an engineering mistake, the third wheel in the middle of the plane and the third engine.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2009, 01:13 PM   #29
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
When I first flew on an airbus about 8 yrs ago, I told people I was flying with I was not real comfortable flying an airbus, this company has not been around a long time, it was a government sponsored, made up of a bunch of little companies forces to worked together for the good of the EU and to compete against Boeing. Also they had not had their share of accidents like Boeing and McDonald Douglass which caused them to improved their designs over time.

My prediction at the time has finally come true, Airbuses are falling from the sky.

Keep in mind Boeing planes fly far more miles and have more totally mileage then airbus so they are doing better, also the fleet is older then airbus and that says alot.

The only other plane I was ever concern about flying on was an L1011, that was an engineering mistake, the third wheel in the middle of the plane and the third engine.
uh...there's no middle main landing gear on Lockheed L-1011....
i'm assuming ur talking about DC-10-30 or MD-11.....

Planes just don't fall from the sky for no reason....pilot error, poor maintenance, and weather combined factors are the major components to most aviation accidents....Airbus and Boeing share the same accidents in the past couple years....just recently two same manufacturer aircraft crashed within a month was being amplified by the media....

plus this time the airbus was crashed on approach with strong and gust wind...hope we can find the cause of the accident soon!
      06-30-2009, 01:21 PM   #30
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post

Isn't usually older airframes tha will cause ppl to worry???
anyways, age isn't too much of a problem, as long as the maintenance keep it properly maintained...like some DC-3s....as long as we keep good maintenance to the aircraft....they can fly as long as we want to....
      06-30-2009, 02:04 PM   #31
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Isn't usually older airframes tha will cause ppl to worry???
anyways, age isn't too much of a problem, as long as the maintenance keep it properly maintained...like some DC-3s....as long as we keep good maintenance to the aircraft....they can fly as long as we want to....
When I was in the Corps, there was a saying that went something along the lines of never trusting a bird that was less than 30 years old. The CH-46, workhorse of the Corps.... There hasn't been a brand new one to roll off the line since '71 IIRC. All updates since then, and they don't crash all that often....
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2009, 03:20 PM   #32
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
When I was in the Corps, there was a saying that went something along the lines of never trusting a bird that was less than 30 years old. The CH-46, workhorse of the Corps.... There hasn't been a brand new one to roll off the line since '71 IIRC. All updates since then, and they don't crash all that often....
Very true....but ONLY IF these birds are properly maintained like the military does.....

if not...all bets are off....and bound to fall off the sky....
      07-01-2009, 11:14 AM   #33
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
so german cars isn't any better....you should know EADS (parent company of Airbus Industrie) consists of couple europe countries, Germany, France, Great Britian, Spain, Italy.....
Mine has been as reliable as Hitler when he said "1000 Year Reich".

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0