E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > 6FL USB and A2DP

02-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #1
Tichx
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320D M Sport

6FL USB and A2DP

Guys,

anyone with a USB socket under the centre arm rest (6FL) used one of these for A2DP Bluetooth connectivity to idrive?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLUETOOTH-...item336a5b218c

I wonder if the tracks will show up on idrive?

It works in my car with iphone (with BMW cable) but I cannot test the text on my idrive as I'm waiting for a new ccc computer....(6 button one)

will post back then if it works in about a weeks time..

Tich.
      02-04-2012, 11:28 AM   #2
nichojo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Wow, that's interesting... Good find!

I may have to snag this seeing as I hate how short the 6FL cable is.

Ah crap, I just remembered that if I use this with my iPhone I lose the phone connection to the car.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #3
Tichx
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichojo View Post
Wow, that's interesting... Good find!

I may have to snag this seeing as I hate how short the 6FL cable is.

Ah crap, I just remembered that if I use this with my iPhone I lose the phone connection to the car.
The BMW cable connects to this A2DP reciever, if you have the BMW cradle that will charge the iphone as well.....if you don't need to charge your iphone then your ok without the phone cradle!

My iphone 4 connects to the BMW via Bluetooth and this A2DP reciever at the same time without issues! It will automatically mute when someone calls you and then return back to the music when you hang up....

You should be able to control the iphone via the USB menu under AUX with the steering controls..

It works for me as I mention above, but I cannot test the text and menu control until I fit my new ccc computer (next weekend hopefully!)...

cheers and good luck!
      02-05-2012, 08:29 AM   #4
nichojo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tichx View Post
The BMW cable connects to this A2DP reciever, if you have the BMW cradle that will charge the iphone as well.....if you don't need to charge your iphone then your ok without the phone cradle!

My iphone 4 connects to the BMW via Bluetooth and this A2DP reciever at the same time without issues! It will automatically mute when someone calls you and then return back to the music when you hang up....

You should be able to control the iphone via the USB menu under AUX with the steering controls..

It works for me as I mention above, but I cannot test the text and menu control until I fit my new ccc computer (next weekend hopefully!)...

cheers and good luck!
Whoa, I didn't know you could tether to two devices (via bluetooth) at the same time. Thanks for that info!

I currently control my iPod through "iPod" on my non-iDrive radio but I'm sure that functionality would remain.
Appreciate 0