E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Boost Gauge & Pod Kit - New info, Videos, Status, and *last chance* GROUP BUY!

View Poll Results: What should I do?
Keep selling the gauges and pod kits forever, they are awesome! 72 80.90%
Finish out the summer months, do the new group buy, and then move on to something else... 10 11.24%
I don't think a boost gauge is something that anyone needs... 7 7.87%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

05-28-2008, 01:52 PM   #1
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

Boost Gauge & Pod Kit - New info, Videos, Status, and *last chance* GROUP BUY!

NOW ACCEPTING PAYMENTS!

GROUP BUY PAYMENT PAGE:
http://www.rixeffects.com/groupbuy.htm

Orders are shipped in order of PAYMENT.
Thanks everyone!

DISCOUNT Pricing:
Digital Kit - $294
Mech Kit - SOLD OUT
Pod Only - $175

Hey everyone... Just wanted to share some of what I have been tossing around in my head lately concerning my RiXeffects gauge pods and kits.

First off... Thanks for everyone's support. I could not have done this without this great community. I created this product because I personally wanted it, and then I realized I wasn't the only one who wanted one. I had an overwhelming number of requests to sell this as a real product.

Its been almost 3 months since I first announced that I would be selling a boost gauge system for the 335, and I have come very far, and learned a lot. I have shipped over 70 units so far... that might seem like a lot, but actually, compared to other products (procede, wheels, shift knobs etc) that sell in the thousands(and cost 4 or 5 times as much!), its not really the numbers I was hoping for... after it was all said and done, I barely had enough money left over to buy myself a new set of tires Hence the POLL... vote to choose if I should keep providing this service or not. If I get good enough response, I will keep it going, and develop more pods for more platforms...

As a business, above all else my goal was to provide spotless customer service to all my customers... This community was in DESPERATE need of some vendors who will treat you with RESPECT. And that is what I wanted to do... (even the ones that bailed out on me on the first group buy, which other companies probably wouldn't allow.) I actually gave close to 12 no questions asked refunds to people that backed out of the group buy for no other reason that they "changed their mind" or "needed the money". I have yet to have any unhappy customers, and I want to keep it that way. I understand that operating in this manner kind of makes me be the one that pays out of pocket on scenarios that are out of my control. Which I am OK with, because its worth it!

Basically I wanted to let everyone know that because I want to move my concentration onto other areas, I am doing one last group buy. This will be the last chance you will have to get my kit at a discounted price. This discount will be BETTER THAN THE FIRST DISCOUNT as long as we get enough people, so that I can buy the gauges in bulk. Hence the reason I am discounting 5 dollars for ever 5 people with a max of 30 bucks off.

THE PRODUCTION PROCESS:
*new and improved*

The first 60 or so pods were created using a one peice mold. This was OK, but had its downsides. Basically it was hard to create a perfect edge, and I had to reject a VERY large number of pods early on.... this is expensive... the rubber I use costs $200 a gallon.

The new process I am using is a 2-piece mold I have created. This allows for the entire front of the pod to be replicated PERFECTLY, with little to no defects, and a nice clean edge. The only difference is that there is now a small barely visible "parting line" on the back of the pod. Not a problem, because you never see it, its on the back!... it a very clean line anyways. The other benefit of the new mold is that we can make them quicker! It still takes OVER AN HOUR for EACH POD, but we are capable of cranking out close to 20 pods in a week! (on a good week )

So as not to waste this wonderful new mold I spent and entire 3 day weekend making, I figured I should probably do one last group buy, and get these out to whoever might still want one.

You never know.... this might be a collectors item one day! (it does come with a hand signed certificate of authenticity! )

__________________________________________________ ___

Here are the latest details:

Group Buy info: (click the banner)
max discount would bring it down to only:
$289 for the ENTIRE KIT with the digital gauge, and $249 with the mechanical gauge.
The pod by itself would be $170

Normal price is on my order page: www.rixeffects.com

Product photos, videos, and kit info:

From left to right, here is what you see:

- Numbered Certificate of Authenticity for the pod, hand signed by me. Because these pods are hand made, we have to reject close to almost 10% of them sometimes, so each one is approved by me.

- The pod, made of ultra strong silicon based rubber designed for the special effects industry, at a cost of $200 per gallon. It also gets a fresh coat of automotive UV protectant before getting sealed up, hence the shine on the leather texture.

- Your chosen guage. This photo is of the mechanical gauge, but the digital is obviously a choice as well, and the digital is what I personally prefer (and 95% of my customers)

- Install instructions. Full pictorial instructions that take you step by step through routing the vacuum lines and hooking up the wiring. I even had my wife go over them to make them "idiot proof" (not that my wife is an idiot! ) but you enthusients should have no problems at all...

- Wiring Diagrams. Details wiring diagrams for how to hook up the power lines and dimmer lines to the gauges... (as if it wasn't easy enough already )

- Vacuum tubing kit from newsouth performance. I spared no expense... this is the best of the best of tubing kits, as recommended by several users and moderators on these forums.

- 3 conductor wire, quick disconnects, tap-ins, and heat shrink tubung. Everything you need to properly install the gauge, and even quickly remove it for dealer visits. The wire I chose has a slight stiffness to it... this makes it easier to "poke" it up through the a-pillar without the need for other wire fishing techniques. The digital gauge kit also includes a few resistors and a capacitor to "filter" the dimmer line from any noise, but this is of course optional, and your choice if you want to use the dimmer or not.

Photos:

Videos of digital gauge: (thanks pikkashoe!)

to all of you!!!

Last edited by RiXst3r; 06-23-2008 at 09:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 02:22 PM   #2
RiXst3r
Rep

UPDATE: Sign up now, because at some point before june 7th, I will randomly pick not one, but TWO users from the list to get $100 dollars OFF the price of the kit!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 02:25 PM   #3
Vicko
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe 6mt

It will be cool to keep this item exlusive for those who have it already, and for those who are willing to take advantage of the new group buy. From what you have expresed on several times, seems to me that it takes a lot of hard work for the earnig$$.

Rick, dont get me wrong, I really apreciate your hard work for a great product , but to me it should be a business wise desition.

Ps. I just piked up pod #75 at the mail. Thanks again
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 02:28 PM   #4
RiXst3r
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicko View Post
It will be cool to keep this item exlusive for those who have it already, and for those who are willing to take advantage of the new group buy. From what you have expresed on several times, seems to me that it takes a lot of hard work for the earnig$$.

Rick, dont get me wrong, I really apreciate your hard work for a great product , but to me it should be a business wise desition.

Ps. I just piked up pod #75 at the mail. Thanks again
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 02:34 PM   #5
grkmec
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335xi

How much does your gauge cost?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 02:40 PM   #6
RiXst3r
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grkmec View Post
How much does your gauge cost?
in the group buy, max discount would bring it down to only $289 for the ENTIRE KIT with the digital gauge, pod, wires, instructions, etc!!! (see photo)

The digital gauge by itself retails for $130 from VEI systems, so the group buy kit is a steal considering your getting a $199 dollar pod, PLUS all the kit peices, newsouth tubing, etc...

Bottom line... over $375 worth of stuff (if bought separately) for only $289
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 02:42 PM   #7
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Great product Rick. I vote you keep on making them....

You have the 135i coming up so that should give a bump in demand as well....

Best of luck and keep me updated on anything that I can do to help....
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 02:44 PM   #8
grkmec
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXst3r View Post
in the group buy, max discount would bring it down to only $289 for the ENTIRE KIT with the digital gauge, pod, wires, instructions, etc!!! (see photo)

The digital gauge by itself retails for $130 from VEI systems, so the group buy kit is a steal considering your getting a $199 dollar pod, PLUS all the kit peices, newsouth tubing, etc...

Bottom line... over $375 worth of stuff (if bought separately) for only $289
Thanks! Just added myself to the group buy
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 02:48 PM   #9
RiXst3r
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grkmec View Post
Thanks! Just added myself to the group buy
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 03:01 PM   #10
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

nice, wish I could get in, but kinda low on the budget...keep doing what you're doing man!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 03:34 PM   #11
RiXst3r
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
nice, wish I could get in, but kinda low on the budget...keep doing what you're doing man!
Thanks, I appreciate the encouragement.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 05:25 PM   #12
jbttum3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i coupe 6MT

Garage List
2007 e92 335i  [0.00]
I'd buy one right now for $300 pod only if you made it fit a 60mm guage

SOLD!!! :-(Space Gray Metallic - Coral Red - 6MT - Sport - AA Exhaust - UR Catted Coated DP's - Procede V3.1 PnP - Stett CAI - BMW Group SSK - M-Tech Sides/Rear- OEM Aero Lip - GP 8500K Angels - Vorsteiner Boot Lid - Miro M6 Reps
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 09:45 PM   #13
RiXst3r
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbttum3 View Post
I'd buy one right now for $300 pod only if you made it fit a 60mm guage
You kill me!!!!

Let me see if I can make a custom one off... I will chop chop on a 52mm
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 09:45 PM   #14
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXst3r View Post
You kill me!!!!

Let me see if I can make a custom one off... I will chop chop on a 52mm
That should be doable. The edges will just be REALLY thin....
      05-28-2008, 10:06 PM   #15
RiXst3r
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90AW335i View Post
That should be doable. The edges will just be REALLY thin....
I tried before, and its the back of the gauge that is most of the problem... it wants to poke through the top of the pod. But for 300 bucks, I'll give it another shot!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 11:43 PM   #16
NPDAN
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW DCT M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [8.00]
07' E92 335i  [0.00]
Hey Rixst3r, thanks again man... The pod is perfect. There is definitely no other gauge get up better then this one out there. I think you should stick with it...
      05-29-2008, 12:04 AM   #17
theanhdy
Major
Rep
Drives: 135i

Pod Kit for 135i?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 06:18 AM   #18
RiXst3r
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by theanhdy View Post
Pod Kit for 135i?
possibly by end of summer...
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 07:30 AM   #19
Mike07335i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

You should definetly do the 135 pod kit. I think you would get a lot more interest from the 1-series crowd..

Mike
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 07:31 AM   #20
lacartus
Blah blah blah
Rep
Drives: M3

I voted for you to keep making them...I've been watching the product threads to check quality, durability, vendor-longevity ...and will probably jump on the group buy for one.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 08:13 AM   #21
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 E63S; 15.5 RangeRover ATB

Question Those with Tunes need a gauge. Look at the Dinan flash thread!

Dinan supposed to have done a ton of R&D but as we crudely learned, they didn't even test the latest stage II updated tune on Autos (bulk of 335s out there) before releasing it. I was one of those who got bitten by this. Spent $220 on Dyno visits about 1500 miles of pointless testing to validate and prove this tune, only to get confirmation that I was running stock. This after being ridiculed and told the Dynos were no good etc. If I had a gauge (an after though. Hind sight 20/20 they say) I would have been able to prove instantly that the flash was crap and did nothing at all.

Now Rix, please tell us why we need to remove it for dealer visit. Is it warranty voiding or what is the deal? I thought this is an innocuous device and BMW shouldn't care if you have one or not? Whats the deal with that. Am I wrong to assume its ok?
      05-29-2008, 08:20 AM   #22
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 R35 GTR / 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vase330 View Post
Now Rix, please tell us why we need to remove it for dealer visit. Is it warranty voiding or what is the deal? I thought this is an innocuous device and BMW shouldn't care if you have one or not? Whats the deal with that. Am I wrong to assume its ok?

I'd imagine that the thought process behind that would be that you would only have a boost gauge if you were running a tune. You, however, run Dinan so you shouldn't worry about it. It's the people secretly running the "bad" tunes that might want to hide their boost gauge.
2018 R35 GT-R Cicio800 | 2007 E92 335i - RB Turbos, TC Kline DA Coils, HPA M3 Suspension, Quaife LSD, Stoptech BBK, JB4, FuelIT, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Stett OC, Helix IC, Volk TE-37, Vorsteiner V-35, OSS Headlights | Retired - 2015 F82 M4
Appreciate 0