E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > 335i oscillation / surging

11-10-2010, 11:31 AM   #67
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: All of them

Thanks for the feedback Howard.

We have no issues giving customers WHP figures. Less than 1% of customers request this. The culture in this country is for flywheel figures. This is what most customers understand.

When tuning a car we are only interested in the comparative difference between stock and tuned anyhow.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2010, 03:41 PM   #68
335i E92
Captain
Rep
Drives: M22

Thanks for the input ajuggessur, as you say we're kinda in unchartered territory!!!

As the update read I'm just absolutley buzzin at the fact that after 6 months off pure hell I can now start enjoying the car. It really has been a financial & emotional head f@"k that I'm happy to put behind me.

Thanks again Imran, I really couldn't be happier with the car!! The help I have also had over the last 6 months on here has been awesome although why some have chosen to make negative comments regarding dyno results rather than the fact I've finally sorted my cars is frankly odd.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2010, 05:32 AM   #69
m1bjr
LSD - No, you're not seeing things
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Baby F36 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve View Post
Thanks for the feedback Howard.

We have no issues giving customers WHP figures. Less than 1% of customers request this. The culture in this country is for flywheel figures. This is what most customers understand.

When tuning a car we are only interested in the comparative difference between stock and tuned anyhow.
TDI South have a hub Dyno which I have used.

They only quote WHP.

But then as you say they are the exception (and are professional Engineers) - rather than software hackers like their neighbours

To the OP, Im glad you had a result from DMS that is good news.
But I still cannot accept that your BMW software was the issue.
C'est la vie.
      11-11-2010, 07:02 AM   #70
335i E92
Captain
Rep
Drives: M22

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1bjr View Post
TDI South have a hub Dyno which I have used.

They only quote WHP.

But then as you say they are the exception (and are professional Engineers) - rather than software hackers like their neighbours

To the OP, Im glad you had a result from DMS that is good news.
But I still cannot accept that your BMW software was the issue.
C'est la vie.

I went through 6 months of living eating sleeping this boost issue. changed DV's / boost solenoids / boost leak tests. I’d had the map taken off 3 times for the car to run fine stock and then F~@k up again as soon as the map goes back on.

The only time its not returned is post new BMW lag free software. The only other possibility is that my car just didn't like the DMS map. Its certainly something I’m keen to get across to the masses, as i wouldn't wish what I’ve been through on anyone.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2014, 01:03 PM   #71
E92 420
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2006 Auto e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i E92 View Post
I went through 6 months of living eating sleeping this boost issue. changed DV's / boost solenoids / boost leak tests. I’d had the map taken off 3 times for the car to run fine stock and then F~k up again as soon as the map goes back on.

The only time its not returned is post new BMW lag free software. The only other possibility is that my car just didn't like the DMS map. Its certainly something I’m keen to get across to the masses, as i wouldn't wish what I’ve been through on anyone.
Sorry to bring a real old post back up but I have exactly the same problem as the op

I bought the car a year ago, it was completely stock. Within a month I took it down to evolve and had it mapped it made 379 bhp and 415 lbs/ft. For the first day the car ran well and felt fast on the second day the car felt sluggish and not like it was. Called evolve and explained the situation they told me to bring the car back and they would have a look and change some coding in the ecu.
Got there at 9am and didn't leave till 5pm. In that time they tried to load various different maps and ech time the car would just crank and not start it would only start and run with the stock bin loaded! In the end they refunded my money and sent me on my way. They said they had never experienced this before and cannot help me. To say I was gutted was an understatement.

Since then I have fitted a jb4 g5 ISO and a dci. Again car ran great for about a month this time then back to its old tricks and down on power, shortly after that It started getting bad boost oscillations but only in 3rd and 4th gear when going WOT the car literally feels like it kangaroos!
So then I put vrsf DP on and and active autowerk fmic and a forge cp with forge 50mm BOV then loaded a custom backend flash. None of that helped the issues. So I replaced the turbos all vac lines put RB PCV valve in and replaced both boost solenoids. Still the same issues.

I am literally at my wits end with this thing it's turning my hair grey!

OP did your car hold power in the end? And what software version did BMW load for you and how much was it? Any help/info would be appreciated

Last edited by E92 420; 12-12-2014 at 02:53 AM..
Appreciate 0